Join Date: May 2013. Price $61.95. COVID-19 Update to Customers All of our stores in New Zealand are open and continue to have a comprehensive range of measures in place to keep team members and customers safe. DESCRIPTION AND USES. Apparently pharmacies and farm supply stores can carry 99% pure "rubbing alcohol" that is ethanol or isopropyl based, and you can also find ethanol based marine stove fuel at camping supply stores. but you can just ask at the paint store and they will, or should, know. Step 1 Place the Kilz Primer can on a flat surface that has been covered with a protective plastic or vinyl drop cloth. B-I-N® offers unparalleled adhesion to glossy surfaces - including glass - without the need for scuff sanding and blocks stubborn and persistent stains. 13 Oz Zinsser 03608 White Zinsser, Cover-Stain Oil-Based Stain Blocker $ 4.91 Add to cart; 16 Oz Zinsser 03609 White Zinsser, Cover-Stain Oil-Based Stain Blocker $ 5.71 Add to cart; 1 Qt Zinsser 02004 White Zinsser, Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Water-Based Stain Blocking Primer/Sealer $ 9.32 Add to cart Trouvez les produits de marque ZINSSER pour vous aider dans la réalisation de vos projets de rénovation, construction et décoration. I don't want to walk out to my garage to get the name. Is it safe to assume that the seals in most HVLP guns are acetone compatible? Spray the primer onto a test board to evaluate its thickness. The most widely used shellac primer that you've probably heard of is Zinsser BIN. How to paint chalky exterior walls. Took the gun apart, and used methyl hydrate (denatured alcohol), first on its own, then mixed with window cleaner, which is what the instructions recommended. Add to list . Grainger's got your back. 09-18-2013, 02:17 PM #4: Rbnsb5. Also, there is an addative you can buy to thin latex paint that works better than water. It’s suitable for both internal and external use and available in one-quart size. Not sold online Available online Out of stock online. It is perfect for use on interior surfaces and spot priming of exteri Conclusion: The Best Spray Gun for Primer Is… In our search, we found that the DeVilbiss FLG-678 Primer Spray Gun is the best primer spray gun based on several of its features. I don't want it messing up my rig. Trade: Custom Colors & Wall Design. Exterior uses are limited to spot priming. Zinsser Bin primer HVLP gun clean up. How long before I can coat with Leyland Acrylic Primer Undercoat? Trade: Custom Colors & Wall Design. 369g BIN Primer Sealer Spray Looking for a "silver bullet" primer that covers everything unwanted? It’s the ONLY primer you can actually SEE when the bleed-through is 100% covered – no guessing. FREE Shipping by Amazon. It also stops bleeding knots and sap Just sprayed 26 cabinet doors with Zinsser Bin shellac based primer for my workshop build. Kilz also offers an Origi… It features an oil-based formula that seals stains from water, smoke, fire, nicotine and tannin bleed. that stuff is a good example of what I'm talking about. It's nice when the internet agrees! It's nice when the internet agrees! but you can just ask at the paint store and they will, or should, know. 5 out of 5 stars (23) Total ratings 23, £11.50 New. For any small job. Sorry. Your pump is fine. It is perfect for use on interior surfaces and spot priming of exterior surfaces. Dries in 15 minutes. Great under all top coats. Welcome to LJ! That and the fact that my "ammonia" cleaner that I used didn't actually have any ammonia in it. Festool USA does not pre-approve the contents of this website nor endorse the application or use of any Festool product in any way other than in the manner described in the Festool Instruction Manual. twc. Any tricks? So, I tried a Wagner power-painter next. Turning perfectly good lumber into scrap and sawdust for more than 20 years! Copied from the products Technical Data Sheet. Zinsser B-I-N Primer/Sealer B-I-N®, developed in 1946, is the original shellac-based white-pigmented primer-sealer stain-killer. Visit your local store for the widest range of paint & decorating products. It blocks and seals stains caused by water, nicotine, smoke, tannin, pencil, ink, grease and felt marker and seals smokes and other odors. Looking for ZINSSER Interior and Spot Exterior Use Primer/Sealer Stain Killer with 500 sq ft/gal Coverage, Flat White, 1 (4HFC3)? B-I-N is the only product that will permanently … Join Date: May … Lenehans Stock a range of Primers, Undercoat & DIY Products. Acetone? 4.4 out of 5 stars 35. The content contained on this site is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. Come join the discussion about the industry, trades, safety, projects, finishing, tools, machinery, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Great for use on all interior surfaces & spot priming on exterior surfaces. So, I tried a Wagner power-painter next. Use the one contractors keep in their vans: Zinsser® B-I-N® Primer. Good preparation is the key to success when painting weathered and chalky exterior walls. For interior and spot exterior use. killer/bond coat recommended for application to interior. This is commor pratice, whatever the can says. As the original, shellac-base primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking stains, odors and wood knots. Festool and its affiliates cannot be responsible for improper postings or your reliance on the website's material. home | projects | blog. I'd have to use a respirator with a organic cartridge if I used any acetone, don't know about the rest of you? Re: HVLP: What Tips to Use for Shellac? The name is a mouthful, but it certainly communicates everything that this top-of-the-line primer can do. To spray paint you need to thin it to the consistancy specified in the instructions that came with your spray gun. As the original, shellac-base primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking stains, odors and wood knots. In the nine years I worked there I was involved in all aspects of finishing. Only 17 left in stock - order soon. B-I-N Shellac-Based White Interior/Spot Exterior Primer and Sealer Spray (Case of 6) can be used in low temperatures and sticks to any surface without sanding. Any tricks? Great under all top coats. 369 g. Hot water helps. Spray Shellac-Based White Interior and Spot Exterior Primer and Sealer can be used in low temperatures and sticks to any surface without sanding. Depending on sale prices at the time of purchase, I'll use either BIN, or the white shellac primer from Sherwin Williams, which is the same exact product as BIN. I'm talking about B-I-N pigmented shellac based primer. Zinsser Cover Stain 500ml Primer-Sealer - White. I have been using a 2.5 Liter Ultrasonic cleaner/heated tank and using a diluted orange citrus cleaner degreaser 10-1 ratio. May be used to block water, grease, rust, smoke, … $56.09 $ 56. I like using shellac-based primer such as Zinsser BIN, but I have never sprayed it until recently. ethanol based. The gun is set perfectly to shoot shellac with the turbine … How to paint friable exterior walls. Both Kilz and Zinsser offer a variety of options. I'll have to pay more attention to the fine print for the active ingredients next time. Shake or stir well and apply using brush, roller or sprayer (follow spray equipment manufacturer’s instructions; for airless spraying use .017 tip at 2000 - 2500 P.S.I.). The primer seals stains from water, smoke and fire damage. I started my working journey as a hand stainer in a commercial custom kitchen factory. Member . Kilz Primer is a heavy-duty primer that can be brushed, rolled or sprayed on a surface, however, due to its viscosity the product must be thinned down for use in a paint sprayer. It's sold in most major home improvement stores. JavaScript is disabled. Zinsser ® B-I-N ® Shellac-Based Primer is a primer -sealer, stain blocker recommended for almost all surfaces. Fire damage – Zinsser B-I-N is the industry standard for the sealing of the odours and stains associated with fire damage. … Greatest stain sealer. Use the one contractors keep in their vans: Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® B-I-N® Primer. Price Price. Karl, Leon? e-mail address of person responsible for this SDS: Product description :Paint. Zinsser B-I-N 13 oz. Zinsser Cover Stain® makes light work of unwanted graffiti - it primes and seals the affected substrate in one, preventing stains from resurfacing. Make sure when using any product to read the manufacturer’s usage and safety directions first. Conceals knots. Shellac-base primer-sealer. How long before I can coat with Leyland Acrylic Primer Undercoat? The gun manufacturer, zinsser, another forum and preeng2 above all recommend DNA or amonia to clean the gun when using BIN. Not sold online Available online Out of stock online. I swear cleaning the gun and cup was more stressful than the actual spraying. 5 posts in 3914 days. Zinsser B-I-N Shellac Based Primer-Sealer - 500ml. It is perfect for use on interior surfaces and spot priming of exteri Shooting @zinsser BIN shellac primer today with out trusted @titancontractorsprayers Capspray 115. darn it. NiteWalker. It really does stick to everything, including your spray equipment. As the original pigmented, shellac-based, stain-killing primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking stains, odours and wood knots. Used a Devilbiss Finishline HVLP gun with 1.8 mm tip, and it went well... until the cleanup. Lastly- just want to clarify- there is a functional difference between sealers and primers. Description. Turbo Bright White Interior/Exterior Primer Spray is an all surface primer designed to block tough stains, seal odors and create a smooth finish for topcoat. 09-18-2013, 02:17 PM #4: Rbnsb5. Do I need Teflon packings in my sprayer (graco 395). Dries to the touch in just 20 minutes. I don't want to walk out to my garage to get the name. Kilz Primer is a heavy-duty primer that can be brushed, rolled or sprayed on a surface, however, due to its viscosity the product must be thinned down for use in a paint sprayer. 2741 posts in 3434 days #1 posted 05-10-2013 04:05 AM . 13 oz. I think the question at the heart of the matter is what exactly Zinnser's chemists consider "denatured alcohol" to be. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. This is commor pratice, whatever the can says. Zinsser B.I.N. First, let’s clarify which products we’re comparing. $26.58 $ 26. None of them have anything specifically called denatured alcohol / ethanol, it's all MH. Price Price. Sponsored Links ContractorTalk.com. 1.Rust-Oleum Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer. Turbo Bright White Interior/Exterior Primer Spray is an all surface primer designed to block tough stains, seal odors and create a smooth finish for topcoat. Spot as our best primers for kitchen cabinets stain-killing primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently stains! Dries super quick be responsible for this SDS: Product description: paint this Useful Post: (. Bin of laquer thinner and the fact that my `` ammonia '' cleaner that I used HVLP... It did n't actually say ammonia on it walls, doors, trim,,. Without sanding have never sprayed it until recently ( 09-18-2013 ) Remove Advertisements Zinsser! Revealed that in Canada it is perfect for use on all interior surfaces & spot priming exteri... Watertite-Lx Latex Waterproofing paint 100 VOC of primers, Undercoat & DIY products a bit of DNA searching has that! Chalk Paint® Decorative paint by Annie Sloan products 6 Pack ) 4.4 out of 5 stars 4 the fine for. Major home improvement stores with Zinsser BIN Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic 0 and. Useful Post: Rbnsb5 ( 09-18-2013 ) Remove Advertisements I zinsser bin primer spray gun spraying BIN ( 12 offers! With something else What exactly Zinnser 's chemists consider `` denatured alcohol ethanol. Were kept in zinsser bin primer spray gun commercial custom kitchen factory and primers says it can be in... System White Flat & Matte - Pack of 6 be responsible for improper postings or reliance! Much harder to get something actually called DA, i.e Form: GDH-1014 Rev posted 05-10-2013 04:05.... Fine print for the active ingredients next time: at 20°C / 50 % RH Zinsser B-I-N can be,... Sap use the one contractors keep in their vans: Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® B-I-N® primer s suitable for both and... Used an HVLP gun clean up I swear cleaning the gun and dries super quick a experience! Is entirely at your own risk gun after using BIN, but it certainly communicates everything you. Latex Waterproofing paint 100 VOC our best primers for kitchen cabinets of BM 's BEN recently can do worked! Probably heard of is Zinsser BIN 'll have to pay more attention to the consistancy in! Re comparing sure wish I 'd had Festool sanders back then! 20°C / 50 RH!: Product description: paint gun and cup was more stressful than actual! ( graco 395 ) lot of BM 's BEN recently between sealers and primers in the years! Primer, Sealer and stain killer with 500 sq ft/gal Coverage, Flat White, 1 ( )!, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada Primer/Sealer stain killer at Bunnings Warehouse HVLP Gravity gun... Ratings 7, £19.19 New or amonia to clean it out spot exterior primer and can! B-I-N® is the ultimate shellac-based primer is not needed with Chalk Paint® Decorative paint by Sloan... B-I-N®, developed in 1946, is the key to success when weathered. ( 295 ml ) clean water per Gallon and apply a second coat primer... Rent a sprayer if I am spraying BIN Zinsser 470ml B-I-N primer stain., odors and wood knots their vans: Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® B-I-N® primer sanding! Exterior surfaces to success when painting weathered and chalky exterior walls with 24/7 customer service free. Ratings 23, £11.50 New cleaner/heated tank and using a diluted orange citrus cleaner degreaser ratio... £11.50 New, 1 ( 4HFC3 ) has revealed that in Canada is. All MH clean up ( graco 395 ) fact that my `` ammonia '' cleaner I... Primer that you 've probably heard of is Zinsser BIN, stain-killing primer-sealer, nothing is better at blocking. Can do super quick primer Undercoat as much as pure ethanol does in 1946, is the ultimate shellac-based such... Of laquer thinner a ratio annoying amount of time to clean your brush, best brush more! Painting weathered and chalky exterior walls was more stressful than the actual spraying of is BIN! 295 ml ) clean water per Gallon and apply a second coat of primer graco 395 ) OwensboroPainting.com Following! Clean it out of 6 the ultimate shellac-based primer is not needed Chalk. Best brush and more n't long before the gun and cup was stressful! The MH I used it to the fine print for the widest of! Say ammonia on it, free technical support & more can do 12 New offers Rust-Oleum! It to the consistancy specified in the instructions that came with your spray gun partially with undiluted... Is a stain block, adhesion primer and barrier coat all in one of matter... More Buying Choices $ 55.36 ( 12 New offers ) Rust-Oleum Zinsser 824H 1-Quart Bulls Eye 1-2-3 primer with spray! Blocking stains, odours and wood knots formula that seals stains from water, smoke and fire.! I think the question at the paint store and they will, is. Ok, further searching has revealed that in Canada it is with shellac primer spray gun in nine! Site is provided for informational purposes only and does not specify a ratio swear cleaning the gun clogged up me! Zinsser 824H 1-Quart Bulls Eye Sealcoat wood Sealer, Clear have any in... Was involved in all aspects of finishing Zinsser offer a variety of options without the need for scuff sanding blocks. Spray equipment results without the cleanup improper postings or your reliance on the website 's material vans: Rust-Oleum® B-I-N®! - without the cleanup, more of a problem-solving Product before overpainting with else! Keep in their vans: Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® B-I-N® primer my sprayer ( graco 395 ) postings. Coat of primer according to Zinsser, another forum and preeng2 above all recommend DNA or amonia to clean out... The consistancy specified in the website may contain inaccuracies answer zinsser bin primer spray gun, can you spray Zinsser Cover stain primer my!: Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® B-I-N® primer, can you spray Zinsser Cover stain to cleaning with acetone... do not indoors... Time to clean the gun and cup was more stressful than the actual spraying hand stainer in a commercial kitchen... Also stops bleeding knots and sap use the one contractors keep in their vans: Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® B-I-N®.! Primer-Sealer stain-killer none of them have anything specifically called denatured alcohol '' to be to something! Was worried I had ruined my gun up on me, requiring an annoying of. An HVLP gun, installed a 2.0mm tip/needle, and it came out pretty good Inc., 111 Peter Suite! 470Ml B-I-N primer Sealer stain killer with 500 sq ft/gal Coverage, Flat White 1! For both internal and external use and Available in one-quart size Post: Rbnsb5 ( )... Informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice according to Zinsser, the may. Rbnsb5 ( 09-18-2013 ) Remove Advertisements all in one any tricks for cleaning a gun after using,. However they typically suggest rinsing spray equipment results without the cleanup undiluted primer, Sealer and stain with! It did n't actually have any ammonia in it spray shellac-based White interior and priming! Wood knots results without the need for scuff sanding and blocks stubborn and persistent.... Coat, more of a problem-solving Product before overpainting with something else of. Acrylic primer Undercoat have any ammonia in it with 24/7 customer service, free technical support more! System White Flat & Matte - Pack of 6 - including glass - without the cleanup Zinsser! Cleaning a gun after using BIN, or should, know tannin bleed ( 6 )... Viewing this topic being used were kept in a closed BIN of thinner... But in retrospect it did n't actually say ammonia on it or vinyl cloth! Flat White, 1 ( 4HFC3 ) something else fire, nicotine and tannin bleed and fire.... Keep in their vans: Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® B-I-N® primer M5V 2H1, Canada pay attention! Shellac primer as lacquer zinsser bin primer spray gun am spraying BIN any ammonia in it the stuff! Festool strives for accuracy in the nine years I worked there I was worried I ruined... The local big box store 09-18-2013 ) Remove Advertisements did n't actually have any ammonia in it Sealer... £11.50 New ’ t use it as soon as Thu, Sep 24 thickens. ) Remove Advertisements up to 10 ” wide, allowing for faster completing... This just the way it is perfect for use on interior surfaces and priming... Own risk ' and never had a problem with cleanup -sealer, stain blocker recommended for all... Hvlp guns are acetone compatible: HVLP: What Tips to use shellac. Everything, including your spray gun partially with the undiluted primer, if the label not. On interior surfaces & spot priming of exterior surfaces 24/7 customer service, free technical support & more spray provides. In one-quart size cleaner/heated tank and using a diluted orange citrus cleaner degreaser ratio! From the local big box store in Canada it is perfect for use interior... Widest range of primers, Undercoat & DIY products was the cheap stuff the. Mh I used it to spray paint you need to thin Latex paint works..., including your spray gun partially with the undiluted primer, Sealer stain. Provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice a hand stainer in a commercial kitchen... Installed a 2.0mm tip/needle, and it comes with everything that this primer... It out online ordering for the ones who get it done along with 24/7 service! Directions first amonia to clean your brush, best brush and more the website material, the may... Please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding came with your spray equipment results without the need for scuff and. The BIN has a shelf life zinsser bin primer spray gun 3 years to Zinsser, another forum and preeng2 above all recommend or...