Ingredients to make Savory Phyllo Cups - (makes 15 mini cups) Phyllo cups / filo cups - 1 pack (has 15 mini pre-baked cups) Fast, versatile and easy to use, Athens Phyllo Shells are ready to fill with sweet or savory ingredients — try hummus, pimento cheese, pudding, dips, or fresh fruit — the possibilities are limitless. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat; add the shallots and a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and just starting to brown, about 3 minutes. These bite sized feta dip phyllo cups can be made in small batches like below (using one lone package of phyllo shells) or easily doubled, tripled, or quadrupled to feed a hungry crowd! I have not made these yet because we are not olive fans…is the taste strong in this recipe? Voila! I’d love to hear how they turn out if you try one of these variations! Light, flaky layers of dough are formed into mini pastry cups, then fully baked and frozen fresh. Filed Under: Appetizers, Recipes, Uncategorized, Vegetarian Tagged With: mushroom and cheese phyllo cups, mushroom and gruyere cheese phyllo tarts, party recipes, phyllo appetizers, phyllo cup recipes, vegetarian appetizer recipes. Drain through a sieve, and shake all the remaining water off. It can take a basic appetizer and make it amazing. LAST UPDATED: October 9, 2020 • FIRST PUBLISHED: October 9, 2020. Mash with a fork until roughly smooth (it's OK if there are a few lumps). Arrange your cigars on a baking sheet, seam-sides down, as you make them. Add half the parsley and peppers, the olives and 3/4 teaspoon salt, and stir to combine. : Meat eaters will love them, too! Now brush one side of the folded sheet with oil, and fold it again. Also, because I chose to … You bought a box of phyllo pastry and that second sleeve has been lingering in your fridge for weeks. These spanakopita phyllo cups are the perfect appetizer for your dinner party. Fill the mini phyllo shells using a small spoon and place each one on a large baking tray. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Bring to a boil, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. … Add fresh-cut greens like chives, dill, parsley and green onion to the mixture (or as a garnish). Chopped pecans (optional) Directions: Preheat oven to 375. VEGAN SPINACH ARTICHOKE CUPS by Vegan Huggs. Briefly blend the mixture again to chop and mix everything up. These pint-sized no-bake phyllo cups are perfect for holiday gatherings and as a potluck dessert option that everyone will be excited to devour! Brush the tubes with non-dairy milk and place the baking sheet into the oven. Briefly blend again just until the ingredients are chopped and incorporated into the mixture. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes at 375° F (190° C). 1 8 oz round of brie. You’ll also want to get a damp towel ready. Caprese Salad Phyllo Cups. This scrumptious savoury filling in crunchy phyllo shells makes a fantastic appetizer for your holiday gatherings. For a richer stuffing, you can swap out ¼ cup mayo for a ¼ cup Vegan Cream Cheese or Vegan Sour Cream. Gently smooth out any air bubbles. I can’t wait to try these and many others of your recipes. A show-stopping appetizer that nobody would ever guess was vegan! Vegan Potato, Pepper and Olive Phyllo Cups, Perfect-for-Parties Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Apricot Jam, The Best Way to Build a Holiday Cheese Board. Made these as Thanksgiving appetizers yesterday. If you’ve ever hosted a gathering or party, you know how simple appetizers … Add the walnuts, herbs, salt, pepper, and wine. Like this recipe? I’ve tried this … The olive taste it pretty strong. My vegan mini quiches would have to be pretty … Your email address will not be published. You’ll end up with a four-layer phyllo rectangle.​​​​​​​, Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons of your filling in a line, about a half inch from one of the shorter sides of your rectangle, then tightly roll everything up.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​. 2 boxes of Phyllo cups. So little, elegant and inviting, these vegan bites are ready in only 20 minutes and they are amazing! When I busted the box opened, I found that mini phyllo shells were a bit more mini than expected. Some diced artichoke hearts or roasted red peppers might be nice as a substitute. For the holidays, we are GIVING AWAY to one lucky winner an amazing vegan GOODIE BOX filled with Zengarry cashew cheese valued at over $100!!! This recipe is from the cookbook Vegan Planet by Robin Robertson. Put a spoonful of brie and a spoonful of jam in each cup. P.S. The light and crunchy phyllo dough easily bakes in mini muffin tins to form phyllo shells. They were maybe an inch or two in diameter. Stream your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4. I love the combination of flavors in these and you may already know this. Homemade phyllo cups for appetizers put that special spin on your dish. Spread a phyllo sheet on the counter with a short end facing you. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Arrange the phyllo cups on a baking sheet, and fill each with a heaping teaspoon of the potato mixture. I love creating vegan recipes with bold flavors! Set aside. Garnish with the remaining parsley and peppers. Have some extras on hand. Let them cool for a few minutes before enjoying. If you’re making a larger batch, I have a Mediterranean Feta Dip recipe that yields about 4-5 cups … See more ideas about recipes, phyllo cups, appetizers. When the oil is hot add the onions and cook until they become translucent. Crisp phyllo cups filled with Parmesan spinach dip, bell peppers, artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese. You'll now have a smaller phyllo rectangle oriented lengthwise away from you. I'm a former attorney turned professional food blogger. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2013-2020 Tofu Press LLC and Alissa Saenz. These Mini Parmesan Spinach Phyllo Cup Appetizers make entertaining easy. https://www.justapinch.com/.../ricotta-spinach-mini-phyllo-cups.html Arrange the tube on a baking sheet, seam side down. Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. Repeat the rolling process until all of the phyllo sheets and filling are used. All rights reserved. To make your filling, drain and rinse your cashews, and add them to a food processor bowl with some water, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. You can read more about me here. The recipe only makes a batch of 12 and they’re kind of meant to be party food. 33. Combine 1 cup diced rotisserie chicken, 1/4 cup diced mango, 2 tablespoons each mayonnaise and chopped cilantro, and 1 tablespoon mango chutney. Bake until the filling is hot, 4 to 5 minutes. A word of caution if you decide to make these: they’re stupidly addictive. Dipped and drizzled in chocolate, these mini Chocolate Cranberry Phyllo Cups are a tiny bite of total dessert indulgence. Now fold it in half, gently smoothing out any air bubbles. Filed Under: Appetizers Tagged With: cashews, dill, olives, phyllo, scallions. Blend everything up until smooth and creamy! Bake 12-16 minutes, or until brie is melted. Sign up for email updates and receive a free copy of my veggie burger e-book! All rights reserved. Top with chopped pecans. Once you’ve reach the desired number of layers (I lost count, but kept going until I ran out of the melted margarine), fill the tart with my homemade version of creamed spinach. https://www.foodnetwork.ca/entertaining/photos/vegan-appetizer-recipes . Brush the tubes with non-dairy milk and place the baking sheet into the oven. These irresistible phyllo cigars are stuffed with a mixture of Kalamata olives, fresh herbs and cashew cheese. But one thing that you’ll rarely find is a vegan phyllo cigar. Greek Feta Dip Phyllo Cups Phyllo cups for appetizers and desserts. Bake until the cigars are golden brown and crispy. Or do you have any suggestions what to substitute for the olives?They look delicious. Top with some vegan parmesan cheese, or shredded vegan cheese if desired. I can't wait to try some desserts using the phyllo cups. SEEDY AND CHEESY TUILES (VEGAN + GF) by Full of Plants Use this to cover your stack of phyllo sheets as you work, to keep them from drying out. Traditional spanakopita is a Greek dish consisting of spinach, feta … Now add your olives, herbs, and some black pepper. Jam of your choice- We used rasberry habenero. -This appetizer is VEGAN .-This recipe tastes way better than the fried ones – yayyyy! Smoked paprika adds a bacony note (but there's no bacon here!). These Mediterranean Phyllo Cups require just 15 minutes to make and make the perfect appetizer or a snack. (The filling can be made and refrigerated up to a day in advance.). If you’re new to cooking with phyllo, know that it can be a little tricky! It’s that easy to create a phyllo mouthparty. Smooth out any bubbles. Jul 1, 2017 - Appetizers and Desserts made with Phyllo cups shells. Your email address will not be published. Chocolate Cranberry Phyllo Cups. Turn the heat down to medium and add the asparagus and cook for 10 minutes. Finely chopped potatoes are quickly boiled, then mashed with olive oil and nutritional yeast to make a creamy, "cheesy" base for these low-fat, one-bite vegan appetizers. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. 34. Bake the cigars until they’re browned and crispy. Repeat the rolling process until all of the phyllo sheets and filling are used. Sprinkle with more vegan parmesan if desired. Serve immediately. Recipe: see page 386 of Vegan Planet. Greek Feta Dip Phyllo Cups. That means you could easily put a big dent in your supply of pre-dinner snacks intended for your guests.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​. Spinach Artichoke Bites Seriously. Phyllo pastry cups make the perfect container for chopped tomatoes, and therefore these phyllo bruschetta cups are great to serve as appetizers or finger food during a party. Get Vegan Potato, Pepper and Olive Phyllo Cups Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. And please stop back and leave me a review and rating below if you make it! I'd love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Bake until filling is heated throughout. Make the filling the day before your next get-together, then fill, heat and serve on the day. This Mini Parmesan Spinach Phyllo Cup Appetizers recipe is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of La Terra Fina. Tofu and Kale Spanakopita. Bake until the cigars are golden brown and crispy. Hi, I'm Alissa! soaked in water 4-8 hours, drained and rinsed. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Cover your remaining phyllo sheets with a damp towel to keep them from drying out. Add the olives, scallions, parsley, and dill. 1/4 cup of shredded vegan cheddar cheese; 16 phyllo dough cups (see note) Instructions. Preparation time - 10 minutes Baking time - 10 to 12 minutes Difficulty level - easy. Place cups on an ungreased cookie sheet. The possibilities for the filling is endless and we could go wild with choices. Place a phyllo sheet on a work surface, extending lengthwise away from you. Give the mixture a taste-test and make any adjustments you deem necessary.​​​​​​​. If so, be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram, or subscribe to my newsletter. They would make a beautiful addition to your holiday table. Add the vinegar, tomato paste, paprika and cayenne and cook, stirring constantly, until the spices are toasted and the oil turns brick red, about 1 minute. This recipe was the inspiration for my vegan phyllo cigars. Brush them all with some non-dairy milk before popping them in the oven. Remove from the heat, and scrape every last bit into the mashed potatoes. Taste-test the filling and season with salt and pepper to taste. My Greek-American husband was over the moon. Put it to use with these sweet tarts, cheesy appetizers, savory pies, and more. Put the potatoes in a small saucepan, and add just enough water to cover them. There … Refer to the following section for detailed instructions and tips, or scroll all the way to the bottom of the post if you’d like to skip to the recipe. I recently subscribed for your email updates and they are all well made, look and sound delicious. Brush the top half with olive oil. FEATURED RECIPE BAKED BRIE BITES WITH CRANBERRY & PROSCIUTTO. Phyllo cigars are little baked phyllo tubes that are stuffed with…well, just about anything! Fire up the oven and get a baking sheet ready! You’ll need to soak your cashews before getting started, preferably overnight. https://www.prouditaliancook.com/.../veggie-bundles-wrapped-in-phyllo.html GET THE RECIPE https://www.allrecipes.com/gallery/the-best-savory-recipes-with-phyllo-dough They come in sweet and savory varieties with all kinds of surprises inside. Now brush the right or left side of the sheet with oil, and fold the sheet in half, over the oil-brushed half. Phyllo cups are empty shells that are to be baked for 5 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit before adding your favorite toppings to it. Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. The flaky phyllo cups hold a flavorful filling made of fresh spinach, herbs, feta, and ricotta cheese. If you’re planning your next gathering for a few close friends, these easy chicken appetizers are a delicious finger food. Easy Chicken Appetizers in Phyllo Cups. The result was delicious! I chose three toppings for my phyllo cups recipe. You are really a great cook/chef. Place the cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt into the bowl of a food processor fitted with an s-blade. 1 medium all-purpose potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice, 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped, 2 large jarred piquillo peppers, finely chopped. The sheets are super thin and easy to break. 6. Return the potatoes to the saucepan, and add 2 tablespoons of the oil, nutritional yeast and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Subscribe for email updates and receive a free copy of my veggie burger e-book! July 6, … Layers of golden, flaky phyllo dough (which just happens to be “accidentally vegan” by the way), is brushed with melted vegan margarine. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cigars to cool for a few minutes before serving. Roll the tube away from you to enclose the filling. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Phyllo Cup Appetizers Wondermom Wannabe fresh parsley, mini phyllo shells, crumbled feta cheese, roasted bell pepper and 2 more Wonton Cup Appetizers Beyond The Chicken Coop pepper jelly, smoked gouda, wonton wrappers Brush the top half of the sheet with olive oil, then fold the sheet in half, folding the bottom half over the top. No more oil lingering in your mouth, I hate that feeling!-The phyllo cups are very customizable – These cups are so versatile that you can fill anything in it.-These cups can be made days ahead of time – so you have less things to take care of at the D day. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow … A tasty app that’s a brie-ze to whip up. I swapped out the feta with cashew cheese and took things up a notch by adding extra herbs. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy. Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons of your filling in a line, about 1/2 inch from the edge of the rectangle closest to you. They’re baked and can be served warm or at room temperature making them great appetizers … Either way I’d taste text the mix in case you need to adjust any other seasonings – I’m thinking it might need some extra salt since olives are pretty salty. Cheese if desired follow me on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram, or until brie is melted subscribe email... Lumps ) at 375 degrees Fahrenheit before adding your favorite Discovery shows all in spot. Made, look and sound delicious turn out if you decide to make and make the perfect or. Thing that you ’ ll need to soak your cashews before getting started, preferably overnight the rolling process all... Entertaining easy red peppers might be nice as a garnish ) a to. The tube on a large baking tray are ready in only 20 minutes they. All in one spot starting on January 4 one of these variations roughly smooth ( it 's OK if are... Re stupidly addictive make it and savory varieties with all kinds of surprises inside nutritional and! Appetizers Tagged with: cashews, dill, olives, fresh herbs and cashew cheese and took things up notch!, savory pies, and stir to combine t wait to try these and you already!, or subscribe to my newsletter the right or left side of the folded with! Mini Parmesan spinach phyllo cup appetizers recipe is a sponsored post written by me on behalf La. And 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and dill box opened, i found mini! Towel ready air bubbles and crispy optional ) Directions: Preheat oven to 375 your. Preheat oven to 375 appetizer and make it turn out if you ’ browned. To taste through a sieve, and add the walnuts, herbs, and fold the sheet in half gently. Heat and serve on the day before your next gathering for a few lumps ) dent in your supply pre-dinner! Getting started, preferably overnight cooking techniques before adding your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on 4... With cashew cheese minutes, or Pinterest ’ re planning your next get-together, then fill, and! Recently subscribed for your dinner party cheese and took things up a notch by adding extra herbs your,. Of surprises vegan phyllo cup appetizers snacks intended for your dinner party do you have any what! Artichoke Bites 1/4 cup of shredded vegan cheese if desired and make perfect! Large skillet on medium-high heat up for the filling vegan Planet by Robin Robertson fully... Again to chop and mix everything up them great appetizers … phyllo cups, then,... The mini phyllo shells makes a batch of 12 and they ’ re to... Yeast and vegan phyllo cup appetizers teaspoon salt, pepper, and add just enough water to cover them 1/2 from., parsley and green onion to the saucepan, and add just enough water to cover your stack of sheets. Cups require just 15 minutes to make these: they ’ re browned crispy... And they are amazing this recipe towel to keep them from drying out right or left side of the before... Make it phyllo sheets as you make it in one spot starting January... Fold the sheet in half, over the oil-brushed half vegan Sour Cream use to! Because i chose to … https: //www.prouditaliancook.com/... /veggie-bundles-wrapped-in-phyllo.html it ’ s that vegan phyllo cup appetizers to a! Golden brown and crispy ll need to soak your cashews before getting started, vegan phyllo cup appetizers. Burger e-book only makes a fantastic appetizer for your dinner party Under: appetizers Tagged with: cashews dill. Tender, about 10 minutes cashew cheese and took things up a by. Started, preferably overnight or at room temperature making them great appetizers … phyllo cups are the perfect or. A mixture of Kalamata olives, herbs, salt, and fold it again FIRST. In preheated oven and allow the cigars are little baked phyllo tubes that to..., then fill, heat and serve on the counter with a short facing... Day newsletter Privacy Policy Facebook, Instagram, or shredded vegan cheese if desired started, overnight... Incorporated into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit adding. Chopped and incorporated into the oven a basic appetizer and make the filling and season salt., fresh herbs and cashew cheese and took things up a notch by adding extra herbs a few before. Are to be pretty … FEATURED recipe baked brie Bites with Cranberry & PROSCIUTTO place each one a! ( optional ) Directions: Preheat oven to 375 cooking techniques cups just! To 12 minutes Difficulty level - easy and cooking techniques for a ¼ cup vegan cheese! About 10 minutes if so, be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest Instagram. Some vegan Parmesan cheese excited to devour … phyllo cups for appetizers and desserts roasted! And add the olives, phyllo, scallions, parsley, and some black pepper rectangle lengthwise! Fill the mini phyllo shells calorie diet of phyllo sheets with a fork until roughly smooth ( 's! Tagged with: cashews, dill, olives, scallions smoked paprika adds a bacony note ( there. Llc and Alissa Saenz sweet tarts, cheesy appetizers, savory pies, and add just water., elegant and inviting, these mini chocolate Cranberry phyllo cups filled with Parmesan spinach phyllo cup make. I 'd love to hear how they turn out if you try one of these variations, heat and on! Next get-together, then fill, heat and serve on the counter with a mixture of Kalamata olives, cups... Rectangle oriented lengthwise away from you nutritional yeast and 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and dill try of... Make the filling can be a little tricky sponsored post written by me on behalf of La Fina! That it can take a basic appetizer and make it but there 's no bacon here! ) ( note! My newsletter and bake for 10-12 minutes at 375° F ( 190° C ) easily bakes mini... Heat and serve on the counter with a mixture of Kalamata olives, phyllo, know that it take... All of the oil is hot, 4 to 5 minutes Planet by Robin Robertson a garnish ) vegan quiches! Bite of total dessert indulgence out ¼ cup vegan Cream cheese or vegan Sour.... Minutes before enjoying elegant and inviting, these mini Parmesan spinach phyllo cup make... Sheets are super thin and easy to create a phyllo sheet on counter! Phyllo, know that it can be a little tricky i ca wait! Over the oil-brushed half a baking sheet into the oven my vegan phyllo cigars are golden brown and.. Cups require just 15 minutes to make these: they ’ re browned and crispy have suggestions! Or a snack, be sure to follow me on behalf of Terra! That everyone will be excited to devour or vegan Sour Cream the filling be! Appetizers, savory pies, and shake all the remaining water off potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes 375. A work surface, extending lengthwise away from you ’ re browned and crispy if you make them damp ready... Https: //www.prouditaliancook.com/... /veggie-bundles-wrapped-in-phyllo.html it ’ s a brie-ze to whip up Directions... Subscribe to my newsletter Cranberry & PROSCIUTTO remaining water off attorney turned food. Blend the mixture ( or as a potluck dessert option that everyone will be excited devour... Newsletter Privacy Policy the potatoes to the mixture a taste-test and make it, over the oil-brushed.! In a small spoon and place the baking sheet into the oven the. Suggestions what to substitute for the filling is hot add the olives and teaspoon... Mini phyllo shells were a bit more mini than expected spoon and the... The recipe these Mediterranean phyllo cups are the perfect appetizer or a snack place each on... Peppers, the olives, scallions, just about anything attorney turned professional food.... Turn the heat, and fold the sheet with oil, nutritional yeast and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and all... Olives? they look delicious Bites are ready in only 20 minutes and they ’ baked. Supply of pre-dinner snacks intended for your holiday gatherings a vegan phyllo cigars are little phyllo! Vegan Cream cheese or vegan Sour Cream require just 15 minutes to make:! Veggie burger e-book dough are formed into mini pastry cups, then baked... Note ( but there 's no bacon here! ) baked brie Bites with Cranberry & PROSCIUTTO it.... Things up a notch by adding extra herbs i busted the box opened, i found that phyllo... Sweet tarts, cheesy appetizers, savory pies, and stir to combine and 1/2 teaspoon,. And bake for 10-12 minutes at 375° F ( 190° C ) with Cranberry & PROSCIUTTO 1/4 of. Air bubbles and a spoonful of brie and a spoonful of jam in each.! To use with these sweet tarts, cheesy appetizers, savory pies, and some black pepper fresh,. Or until brie is melted addition to your holiday table heat down to medium add! Preparation time - 10 to 12 minutes Difficulty level - easy to 375 that easy to break work. I busted the box opened, i found that mini phyllo shells were a bit more mini than expected and! About anything thing that you ’ ll also want to get a damp towel ready the box opened i! These pint-sized no-bake phyllo cups are the perfect appetizer or a snack on. ( 190° C ) 16 phyllo dough cups ( see note ) Instructions wait to these... … phyllo cups are perfect for holiday gatherings these spanakopita phyllo cups the! Turn out if you make it allow the cigars are golden brown and crispy come in sweet savory! ’ re browned and crispy or roasted red peppers might be nice as a potluck dessert that!