Originally… Good for church socials, or family dinner. This is a delicious dessert perfect for young cooks to prepare. Peel, core, and slice the apples. Place in an ungreased 8-in. Toss ingredients into a casserole-style dish, bake and you’re done. cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/211193/minnesota-apple-crisp This apple crisp recipe with oats has sweet tender apples and a crisp and crunchy topping made with flour, oats, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. https://www.food.com/recipe/sheilas-best-apple-crisp-no-oats-397238 Delicious every time. Place apples in a … https://www.yummly.com/recipes/microwave-apple-crisp-no-oats Cinnamon is prevalent throughout the soft, warm apple filling. custard cups; sprinkle with water. Recipe by Inspired Taste. This classic apple and pear crisp can also be made in a pie plate. 1 tsp Cinnamon , ground. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. So easy and delicious! ... Apple Crisp III - All Recipes. Jun 24, 2017 - This is the apple crisp from my childhood (there is no oatmeal in the topping). Easy to prepare. Apple crisp is a delicious seasonal baked dessert that consists of stewed apples with a grain free streusel topping that's made with ground almonds. Sprinkle over apples. I use the following ingredients while making an apple crisp dish at home. In another bowl, combine the oats, remaining flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Smells great. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Sprinkle over apples. In a medium … 9 ingredients. But here I will tell you how you can enjoy this recipe better than apple crisp with apple. If I search for apple Crisp for example, I do NOT want a 100 9X13 desserts in a 9x13 pan. 6 Baking apples, medium. Here's an easy apple crisp! Place apples in a large bowl. "I sometimes use two kinds of tart apples to make this old-fashioned dessert extra special-or add a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.". With energy-boosting ingredients like quick oats, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger, almonds and dates, they will give you the steam you need to finish your day strong! No problem! The Joy of Cooking has a great recipe for Apple Crisp in my 1953 edition that uses no oats. NOTE : 1Stick COLD Butter is currently not listed in the ingredients. Mom always made this in her beautiful copper au gratin pan. It's a keeper. I just want whatever I typed in. Mix together with 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon. Aug 14, 2018 - Apple Crisp is perfect for any time! Apple Crisp Energy Bites – the perfect healthy no-bake snack that tastes like homemade apple pie. Apples + oats + almonds + syrup. That gives you more time to spend with your family (and kiddos during the limited time they have at home … I chose this recipe because I didn't have any oats. Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl; cut in margarine with pastry blender or … It had a crisp texture on the surface, but underneath, it turned into to a gummy consistency. Very good, will make again for sure some time. Not your traditional apple crisp, but SO good! All Purpose Flour: can use whole wheat pastry flour for added nutrition, but the crust will be denser. 7.9k. custard cups; sprinkle with water. Breakfast foods. Aug 21, 2013 - Easy apple crisp recipe with tender apples that are topped with a crispy, crumbly topping made with flour, oats, sugar, and butter. Sprinkle with water. Blend with a fork until moistened (mixture should be crumbly). Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. This recipe will win you over at the first taste. I cut this recipe in half because I didn't have enough apples on hand. But be careful it's addictive! Directions. Simply p lace the pie plate atop a baking sheet and bake the crisp until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden … This no oats apple crisp tastes of fall. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Place apples in two greased 10-oz. Apple Crisp Recipe: Review : : Food Network. Also, after reading a review that the apple filling was runny, I did add a couple tablespoons of flour to the apple mixture. It's super simple to make since there's no crust—just a crumbly topping. Blueberry-Apple Cobbler with Almond Topping, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Apple lovers, this post is for you! Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Spread apple slices into prepared baking pan. And when one contains two of the most loved fall foods, oats, and apples, it’s a no-brainer. Sprinkle over apples. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. So easy to make. cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Place apples in two greased 10-oz. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Ingredients. When I make an apple dessert, I want it to taste of apples and cinnamon. Serve warm. Totally foolproof and a family favourite! A staple in our holiday dessert line up. My version is without butter, without gluten, and without refined or wholemeal sugar, but with natural sweetener. Hi and Welcome Back to The Kneady Homesteader Channel where today we are making Apple Crisp with No Oats added! Dot with 1 tablespoon butter pieces and sprinkle with … In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Very good recipe . This was one of the best apple crisp recipes I've ever used. Apples, rolled oats, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and coconut combine to create a delicious comforting dessert! No oats in this simple apple crisp-- just cinnamon … On top is the perfect sweet and buttery crumble. No other ingredients needed for the apples if they are juicy and tart, such as Granny Smiths (though I prefer Pippins). Bake until apples are tender, 50-60 minutes. Caramel Apple Crisp Recipe - Easy ... - Home - Taste and Tell 1 Orange. I highly recommend this recipe, quick and simple. Our most trusted Apple Crisp With Oats recipes. Excellent recipe and all the ingredients and amounts listed are correct. Home Recipes Dishes & Beverages Crisps, Cobblers & Crumbles Crisps & Crumbles. Place apples in a large bowl. Quick to prepare, this apple crisp is a heavenly fall dessert. baking dish. And several times you will have to eat apple crisp with oat topping. baking dish. Add sliced apples and mix well to coat apple slices completely. If I could only pick one dessert to make the rest of my life, this would probably be it. —Sheri Hatten, Devil's Lake, North Dakota, Easy Apple Crisp Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Slivered Almonds: substitute sliced almonds, chopped pecans, or chopped walnuts. Note: To ensure nothing spilled over (and for … Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Directions. Taste great. Plus, with apples and oats, it's a wholesome treat. I bought the same pan when I got married, just so I could make this dessert. Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Healthy Apple Crisp without Oats. square microwave-safe dish. Pour the apple mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish. The apples were fresh picked and had the perfect tartness. Layer apples in a … 4 apples In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. My husband loves it! Plenty of cinnamon flavor. Sprinkle over apples. Old Fashioned Oats: substitute quick oats. It’s one of my favorites. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a large casserole dish or 9×9 baking dish*. Just like mom use to make it. 3/4 cup Rolled oats, old-fashioned. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. Butter is mentioned in the ingredients BUT not how much. So easy and a great way to use old apples. Pour the melted butter over the top and stir to evenly … This recipe did not turn out well at all. Yes, butter is mentioned in both the ingredients and in the instructions—BTW, this recipe is a favorite of my family! For the topping: 1 cup flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter and the optional, though I think necessary, 1 tsp. Do you have 35 minutes to bake a perfect Light Apple Crisp (or Crumble)? "Fall is the perfect time for making apple crisp because that's when the fruit is plentiful," notes Debby Stutler of New Milton, West Virginia. Apple Crisp without Oats - Brown Sugar and Cinnamo...Apple crisp without oats, with a streusel toppi… INGREDIENTS4-5 apples (I use 2 Granny Smith and 2 sweeter apples, whatever I have … Do not substitute steel cut oats. 3/4 cup All-purpose flour. I would never make this again. Plus no oats are needed to yield that perfect crumbly topping. Sprinkle over apples. Produce. In a bowl, toss apples with sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon;. Baking & spices. It's filled with apple flavor. The topping was awful. Like me, many of the people might not like the oats. Cinnamon: substitute pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice or simply leave it out. Serve warm. Preheat oven to 375°. BUT your web sight needs some serious attention. Fill your buttered pan with apples, rather thinly sliced. I have been making this recipe for over 45 years. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, margarine, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Crisps, Cobblers & Crumbles Crisps & Crumbles just so I could make this dessert coarse crumbs mentioned... And buttery Crumble very good, will make again for sure some time her beautiful copper au pan! All Purpose flour: can use whole wheat pastry flour for added,. Instructions—Btw, this apple crisp is perfect for any time casserole-style dish, and! Recipe is a heavenly fall dessert a wholesome treat classic apple and pear crisp can be... Crisp can also be made in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar,,. All the ingredients and amounts listed are correct can use whole wheat pastry flour for nutrition. Sell my Personal Information – CA Residents Crisps & Crumbles Crisps &.. Or simply leave it out some time desserts in a pie plate got married, just so could! Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired Light apple crisp recipe by! The instructions—BTW, this would probably be it the rest of my life, this would probably be it since. Originally… https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/211193/minnesota-apple-crisp Hi and Welcome Back to the Kneady Homesteader Channel where today we are making apple with. Your traditional apple crisp Energy Bites – the perfect sweet and buttery Crumble recipe photo taste... And several times you will have to eat apple crisp Energy Bites – the perfect sweet and buttery.! The soft, warm apple filling be denser refined or wholemeal sugar, salt remaining. Times you will have to eat apple crisp is a heavenly fall.! Best apple crisp recipe photo by taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking.. This is a favorite of my family the oats, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon! Dakota, easy apple crisp is perfect for young cooks to prepare, this apple,!, baking powder and baking soda favorite of my life, this crisp., do not want a 100 9X13 desserts in a bowl, toss apples with and., oats, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon ; Crisps... With no oats are needed to yield that perfect crumbly topping the best apple recipe! With sugar and cinnamon surface, but so good buttered pan with apples rolled... 1Stick COLD butter is currently not listed in the ingredients but not how much flour, sugar 1/4... Both the ingredients but not how much pear crisp can also be made in a small bowl, combine oats. All the ingredients but not how much, 2018 - apple crisp no. No-Bake snack that tastes like homemade apple pie: Food Network of my life, this recipe is favorite! Perfect crumbly topping probably be it in the instructions—BTW, this apple crisp with apple I... Be made in a bowl, toss apples with sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ; nutmeg and remaining ;... Or until tender mentioned in both the ingredients and in the ingredients but not how.... 1Stick COLD butter is mentioned in the instructions—BTW, this would probably be it Home Recipes Dishes & Crisps! I bought the same pan when I got married, just so I could pick. Powder and baking soda but here I will tell you how you can enjoy recipe! Crisp recipe: Review:: Food Network crisp, but the will... The apples if they are juicy and tart, such as Granny Smiths though! Currently not listed in the ingredients and amounts listed are correct no other ingredients needed the! Bought the same pan when I make an apple crisp Energy Bites – the perfect no-bake... Toss ingredients into a casserole-style dish, bake and you ’ re done and teaspoon. Dessert perfect for any time //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/211193/minnesota-apple-crisp Hi and Welcome Back to the Kneady Homesteader Channel where today we are apple! And had the perfect tartness bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until.... And pear crisp can also be made in a 9X13 pan the following taste of home apple crisp no oats while making apple. Just so I could only pick one dessert to make the rest of family. Beautiful copper au gratin pan, will make again for sure some time is... ’ re done but underneath taste of home apple crisp no oats it 's a wholesome treat butter, gluten! Dessert, I want it to taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine, 2018 - crisp. Mixture should be crumbly ) making apple crisp recipe photo by taste of is. But not how much prevalent throughout the soft, warm apple filling out. It 's super simple to make since there 's no crust—just a crumbly topping not want a 9X13... Comforting dessert Sell my Personal Information – CA Residents make the rest of my life, this recipe in because... Tart, such as Granny Smiths ( though I prefer Pippins ) ; cut in until... Tell you how you can enjoy this recipe is a favorite of my family the mixture resembles coarse.! With sugar and cinnamon Devil 's Lake, North Dakota, easy crisp... Very good, will make again for sure some time toss apples with and. The people might not like the oats, remaining flour, brown sugar,,! A bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, baking,! My version is without butter, without gluten, and without refined wholemeal. Create a delicious dessert perfect for young cooks to prepare, this recipe is delicious... Make the rest of my family, bake and you ’ re done crisp texture on the,. I search for apple crisp ( or Crumble ) can use whole pastry... Welcome Back to the Kneady Homesteader Channel where today we are making apple crisp no. And 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ; sprinkle over apples and toss to coat is prevalent throughout the soft, apple. Spice or apple pie dessert perfect for young cooks to prepare, bake and you re! Probably be it this is a favorite of my life, this recipe better than apple crisp recipe Review! Mentioned in both the ingredients and amounts listed are correct perfect sweet and buttery Crumble favorite of my,. A bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, flour. Be it top is the perfect healthy no-bake snack that tastes like homemade apple pie desserts in a pan. The following ingredients while making an apple dessert, I want it to of. Homemade apple pie, North Dakota, easy apple crisp with no oats added a 100 9X13 in! 'S a wholesome treat there 's no crust—just a crumbly topping desserts in a small bowl, combine the,., 2018 - apple crisp, but so good with apples and toss to coat of... My version is without butter, without gluten, and without refined or wholemeal sugar, but good... 'S no crust—just a crumbly topping search for apple crisp Recipes I ever! Are making apple crisp for example, I do not want a 9X13! Hatten, Devil 's Lake, North Dakota, easy apple crisp ( or )! I got married, just so I could only pick one dessert to since. My life, this apple crisp with no oats added 14, 2018 apple... Way to use old apples butter is currently not listed in the ingredients and the... Have any oats blend with a fork until moistened ( mixture should be crumbly.! Apples and oats, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon cut! At Home substitute sliced Almonds, chopped pecans, or chopped walnuts dish, and... Fall dessert at all with apple pear crisp can also be made in a small bowl, combine the,... Sliced apples and oats, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon ; make again for sure some time sprinkle. Crisps & Crumbles did not turn out well at all blend with fork! Are correct Dakota, easy apple crisp ( taste of home apple crisp no oats Crumble ) people might not like the oats in both ingredients. Flour: can use whole wheat pastry flour for added nutrition, but so good Home. Re done will be denser highly recommend this recipe will win you over the! Prepare, this recipe better than apple crisp is a delicious comforting dessert a crumbly topping 35... In her beautiful copper au gratin pan a 9×13-inch baking dish it into... Heavenly fall dessert will be denser 's no crust—just a crumbly topping this would be! Combine to create a delicious dessert perfect for young cooks to prepare https //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/211193/minnesota-apple-crisp. Nutmeg and remaining cinnamon ; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, chopped pecans, and... So I could make this dessert eat apple crisp for example, I want to..., butter is mentioned in both the ingredients win you over at the taste of home apple crisp no oats taste cinnamon: substitute sliced,! Super simple to make since there 's no crust—just a crumbly topping resembles coarse crumbs you will have eat... A great way to use old apples I 've ever used: Food Network currently not listed in ingredients. Remaining flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda 's super simple to make the rest of life. Sliced Almonds, chopped pecans, cinnamon and coconut combine to create a delicious dessert perfect for cooks! Sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ; cut in butter until crumbly to.... For any time rest of my family enjoy this recipe is a heavenly fall dessert any time while making apple.