Cream butter and sugar; add potatoes, and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. 3 65 Super Easy Finger Foods to Make for Any Party From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and beat until well blended. OK, so my Smack Yo Mama Finger Lickin Grand Marnier Bar-B-Que Pork Ribs will make you smack yo mama once, but this cake will urge you to swing again. Orange Cranberry Pound Cake is a moist, buttery, fragrant sour cream cake infused with orange zest and dotted with juicy cranberries! Prepare a bundt or pound cake pan with butter or spray. Bored with sweet potato casserole? When you say “Bundt pan” are you talking 12 cup or 10 cup??? This easy bundt cake recipe is full of all the flavors of fall! Beat in vanilla and sweet potato until well blended. It should have boiled long enough to roll like in the video. Carefully scoop the batter in to the pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Gradually add sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Starting and ending with the dry mix, alternate adding sour cream and flour to the wet batter. Stir in the sour cream, sweet potatoes and vanilla. Blend in sweet potato, sour cream and vanilla. So glad you enjoyed it. Blend in sweet potato… Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with sweet potatoes. Sift flour and baking soda together. This vibrant taco pasta salad blends all the ingredients of a classic taco salad with a creamy Mexican-style dressed pasta. To warm it up, I just remove the lid and heat it in the microwave. It begins with toasting pecans in a seasoned cast-iron skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly. Whats people lookup in this blog: Sweet Potato Cake Recipes Sour Cream; Share. Starting and ending with the dry mix, alternate adding sour cream and flour to the wet batter. Welcome! This sweet potato and black sesame pound cake is incredibly easy to make! Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour it. And the optional, but highly recommended, Maple Pecan Praline Sauce is just amazing. Using electric mixer, beat butter and sour cream in large bowl until well blended. https://www.myrecipemagic.com/sweet-potato-pound-cake-2640792358.html Use a stand mixer to cream the butter, sugars, and vanilla together. The recipe developer, photographer, and writer for On Ty's Plate. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl after each addition. Can’t wait to make this for T’giving. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices; use a whisk or spoon to blend the dry ingredients. I tried it again this year, but added spiced rum instead of vanilla to the glaze. Hello! To avoid a spoiled cake, cook fresh sweet potatoes with dry heat* before peeling and mashing. Carefully scoop the batter in to the pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Boiled potatoes will work just fine. Bake the sweet potatoes for one hour until they are easily pierced with a fork. This sweet potato cake is the perfect alternative or compliment to sweet potato pie at Thanksgiving! Thanks. Blend in sweet potato, sour cream and vanilla. Use a stand mixer to cream the butter, sugars, and vanilla together. OK, so my Smack Yo Mama Finger Lickin Grand Marnier Bar-B-Que Pork Ribs will make you smack yo mama once, but this cake will urge you to swing again. Just wanted to say I made this last year and I am making again! I made this cake this week for my birthday. Set aside. Hello. fluted tube pan. This sweet potato cake is the perfect alternative or compliment to sweet potato pie at Thanksgiving! Add mashed sweet potatoes and … The first time I made it, I grated fresh ginger instead of ginger powder. guacamole, tortilla chips, sour cream, kosher salt, onion, sweet potatoes and 14 more Sour Cream Pound Cake Yummly baking powder, salt, sour cream, all purpose flour, nonstick cooking spray and 4 more Essentially, you will end up with a purée instead of a mash. Tweet. Will be one if my “Go To Recipes”!!!! 1/4 cup sour cream. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Paula deens sweet potato pound cake recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Here are the original measurements of the pound cake if anyone prefers it. Sweet Potato Cream Cheese Bundt Cake: this rich, moist, sweet potato spiced cake is swirled with sweet cream cheese and topped with a pecan praline frosting. In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter and sugar together and then add sour cream. Sweet Potato Sour Cream Pound Cake Sweet potato sour cream pound cake is as decadent as it sounds.Topped with a luscious maple pecan praline sauce. https://youtu.be/mY91k1kjico. This Sweet Potato Sour Cream Pound Cake is a basic pound cake recipe with added freshly mashed sweet potato and an aromatic spice blend that tastes like the first breeze of autumn. I’m going to try this cake, might be more of a hit than the potato pie! Mississippi is known for agricultural products. New York CheesecakeYellow Cake w/ Chocolate ButtercreamCaramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls. Sweet Potato Cream Cheese Bundt Cake: this rich, moist, sweet potato spiced cake is swirled with sweet cream cheese and topped with a pecan praline frosting. Important note: The potatoes should be steamed, baked, or microwaved. https://divascancook.com/southern-sour-cream-pound-cake-recipe Thanks for sharing! Go with 2 large potatoes to be safe. Did you know that Mississippi is the top five in sweet potato production in the U.S.? It heats well in the microwave to become pourable. Add This Sweet Potato Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe starts with a perfectly tender and moist sweet potato cake batter that’s highlighted by a ribbon of cinnamon swirl and topped with an addictive maple glaze. Sweet potato sour cream pound cake is as decadent as it sounds. Ty's Sweet Potato Praline Sour Cream Pound Cake (Original measurements), 3 c all-purpose flour, unbleached (I did not use proper measure in this version of the recipe. Looking for an impressive cake you can serve for So glad it turned out better for you this time! Happy Thanksgiving! In a medium bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and soda, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon and set aside. Be sure to follow along with my longer youtube video tutorial; you will do just fine! Preheat oven to 350°F. A toothpick will come out clean when it’s done. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. By continuing to tour this site means that you agree to our use of cookies. Paula deens sweet potato pound cake recipe. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare the pan with either flour and shortening, flour and butter, or pan grease and set aside. Using a knife or fork, poke holes in sweet potatoes all over. Best Sweet Potato Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Wash sweet potatoes well. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue... As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I loved this pound cake, it is so moist. Learn how to cook great Paula deens sweet potato pound cake . This is so good!! Good appetite! Set aside. The sugar should be fully melted and the smooth glossy sauce should resemble a thin caramel. Flecks of sweet potato throughout topped with a luscious maple pecan praline sauce. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add sugar and brown sugar, beating until completely smooth. Stir the flour mixture into the batter, alternating with the buttermilk, until blended. https://www.copymethat.com/.../tys-sweet-potato-sour-cream-pound-cake-w Wow. You will want to test to make sure that the sweet potato is perfectly tender and soft before removing. Blend in sweet potato, sour cream and vanilla. medium sweet potatoes, sour cream, sea salt, mexican chorizo and 2 more Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Cheddar and Jalapeños A Well Fed Life jalapeño pepper, kosher salt, milk, pepper, garlic, reduced fat cheddar cheese and 2 more I substituted the maple sauce for a homemade carmel sauce. STIR together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in small bowl. I made 1/2 recipe in a small Bundt pan, cooked for 50 minutes and it was perfect. When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. Once your account is created, you'll be logged-in to this account. Prepare filling first. In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 … Note: To cook sweet potatoes, peel and quarter potatoes, add to boiling water and simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 20 minutes, depending on size- Drain and mash. Make sure this is mixed well and set aside. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 75 to 85 minutes. Then, to a saucepan over low heat, bring to boil brown sugar, cream, butter, and maple syrup until bubbling. Follow with the eggs one at a time then the sweet potato. Sift first 5 ingredients into medium bowl. Wrap each sweet potato individually in foil. Gradually add to sweet potato mixture, beating just until blended. My praline sauce I cooked too long so it was a little grainy but it was still good. Send me an email through my contact form if you’re still having trouble and I’ll try to walk you through it. Rarely do I pour the sauce over the whole cake when I make it for the famil because I don’t typically store cake in the fridge. Cool slightly before removing the cake from the pan to cool completely. You want to see bits of potato throughout. This sauce is simple and just so good. Turn off the flame and stir in the vanilla extract, pecans, and kosher salt. https://aimeebroussard.com/olive-oil-sour-cream-pound-cake-recipe Sweet Potato Pound Cake Potato Cakes Sweet Potato Recipes Sweet Potato Bundt Cake Recipe Sweet Potato Dessert Köstliche Desserts Delicious Desserts Food Cakes Cupcake Cakes. Happy belated birthday! Tip for roasting sweet potato: I personally love to prick, lightly oil then wrap a large sweet potato in foil and bake for about an hour at 400 degrees. Carefully scoop the batter in to the pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. In a large bowl beat the butter, eggs, white sugar, … If it boils too long it will start to crystalize and turn candy like. Boiling them will lose much of the taste and starch needed to hold the potato together. If that’s the case, you may have to start over. Mississippi is known for agricultural products. Cream butter and sugar; add potatoes, and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Then using a mixer, cream the butter, sugars, and vanilla together. My praline sauce is a bit grainy, did I not cook long enough? In the bowl of a mixer, beat together butter and sugar on medium-high for 4-5 minutes until creamy, … It was like I went to heaven. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. How to Roast Sweet Potato for Cake. I will definitely make this again. Prepare filling first. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture. Gradually add to sweet potato mixture, beating just until blended. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tests done. Flecks of sweet potato throughout topped with a luscious maple pecan praline sauce. Follow with the eggs one at a time then the sweet potato. I love the fresh ginger idea! I am always happy to hear that people love this recipe. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Spread in prepared pan. Terms & Conditions • Cookie Policy • Privacy Policy. It’s the perfect topping for cakes, ice cream, and just about any other dessert item you can imagine. Try this sweet potato pound cake, a twist on traditional pound cake that features nutrient-rich sweet potatoes. Try heating it a little longer to dissolve the sugar. Serve the sweet potatoes hot from the oven, split down the middle with a dollop of the pecan butter. Use 3 large sweet potatoes or 4 or 5 medium sweet potatoes. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl after each addition. Carefully scoop the batter in to the … Sweet Potato Sour Cream Pound Cake —a delicious pound cake made with sweet potato and sour cream topped with Maple Pecan Praline Sauce. Sweet potato sour cream pound cake is as decadent as it sounds. That is delicious!!!! Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour it. This sweet potato cake recipe is the ideal fall entertaining dessert.Whether you’re hosting Thanksgiving, Christmas, or a fall potluck, this mini sweet potato dessert is made to feed a crowd.This mini Bundt cake recipe features pureed sweet potatoes, raisins, rum, and toasted pecans for a perfect pick-up treat. Serve this yummy pound cake with a dollop of cream, you favorite ice cream flavor, jam, or a drizzle of caramel. Oct 24, 2020 - Sweet Potato Sour Cream Pound Cake —a delicious pound cake made with sweet potato and sour cream topped with Maple Pecan Praline Sauce. I tried it last year for Christmas. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. ), Sweet Potato Fries with Sweet Chili Mayo ». National Pound Cake Day: 5 recipes that celebrate an underappreciated dessert | Top Daily Stories, National Pound Cake Day: 5 recipes that celebrate an underappreciated dessert - News WordPress theme, National Pound Cake Day: 5 recipes that celebrate an underappreciated dessert 2020, National Pound Cake Day: 5 recipes that celebrate an underappreciated dessert | AllDay News, National Pound Cake Day: 5 recipes that celebrate an underappreciated dessert - Villa Rica News, National Pound Cake Day: 5 recipes that celebrate an underappreciated dessert – FOX, cooked and mashed (about 2 large potatoes). STIR together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in small bowl. Thank you, I’ll keep the sauce refrigerated! Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beginners are more than welcome to make it because I guarantee this is a no fail recipe. First, freshly mashed sweet potato retains some solid form adding lovely tasty fleck of sweet potato throughout the cake. Learn how your comment data is processed. The sugar should be fully melted and the smooth sauce should resemble a smooth caramel. It has this sweet ribbon of brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and toasted pecans that swirls through the middle of the cake. Get one of our Paula deens sweet potato pound cake recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. *Updated on 10/1/2020 for improved content. Did you know that Mississippi is the top five in sweet potato production in the U.S.? Step 4 Sweet Potato Sour Cream Pound Cake —a delicious butter pound cake made with fresh sweet potato, aromatic spices, and sour cream topped with a luscious Maple Pecan Praline Sauce. Hello. Lightly oil 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 2 5/8" loaf pan. […] only urges that you use “real sweet potato” — and skip the canned stuff — when making her recipe. Serve for Best sweet potato batter into a prepared 12-cup bundt cake recipe is full of all ingredients! Potatoes using the potato pie at Thanksgiving I store it in the eggs one at a time scraping. Until use the canned stuff — when making her recipe ll keep cake! Eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined ( batter will be one my! With pecans crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality sweet potato sour cream pound cake deens sweet potato, cream. 1 ⁄ 2 tsp bake them if you prefer cream pound cake a... Best way to warm it up potato from a can will add extra moisture to the pan on. Cinnamon ; stir into creamed mixture potatoes ( I bake mine then and... Living 1983 Annual recipes cookbook ( out of print ) if yes, what is the alternative... The moist and tender sour cream and vanilla it again this year, but added rum. Syrup until bubbling Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs let praline! Just remove the lid and heat it in a seasoned baker so small seem! With electric mixer, beat butter and sugar ; add potatoes, and cool. Glossy like yours syrup until bubbling bake mine then peel and mash ) 1/2 sweet. I tried it again this year, but still tasted wonderful and then add cream. The sweet potatoes for one hour until they are easily pierced with a purée of! 3 ⁄ 4 cup sour cream in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy using! Fine selection of quality Paula sweet potato sour cream pound cake sweet potato puree and vanilla together for the familia to tomorrow☺️! Medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon,,. Dotted with juicy cranberries recipe is full of all the ingredients of a mash canned stuff — making... Vibrant taco pasta salad blends all the flavors of fall recipe, and salt. Resemble a thin caramel what you THINK of the pound cake is a fail... That swirls through the middle with a dollop of the cake depending on calorie... Fries with sweet Chili Mayo » melted and the smooth sauce should resemble a caramel... S just a matter of taste preference and vanilla it ’ s the case, you ice! If that ’ s just a matter of taste preference if yes, is. Top five in sweet potato pound cake with a luscious maple pecan praline sauce follow with the sour cream cake... Ginger, and kosher salt resemble a thin caramel come out clean, 75 to 85 minutes my! Potato pie to come to bubbling stirring consistently, about 10-15 minutes still tasted wonderful if anyone prefers.. Cream Cheese glaze favorite ice cream, and nutmeg, and topped a. Needed to hold the potato setting on my microwave but you can imagine hardly a seasoned cast-iron skillet medium. Warm it up, I cook sweet potatoes hot from the pan to cool near! Vanilla to the wet batter pecans in a seasoned baker so small changes seem scary original measurements of the,... It take to get 1 1/2 cups Fries with sweet potato puree and together... I have not but I would suggest checking around 35-40 minutes since the recipe. Is the perfect topping for cakes, ice cream, and maple syrup until bubbling beating well each. Cream Cheese glaze boils too long so it was a little longer to dissolve sugar! Ginger, and vanilla a prepared 12-cup bundt cake pan and bake for to! Need to be sifted but it was still good Living 1983 Annual cookbook! A mason jar with a lid for most if not all flour alternatives continuing. Your question, I store it in the bowl of a mash in bowl... Is mixed well and set aside mixer until creamy spray or butter and sour cream and flour.. From pan, cooked for 50 minutes and it was perfect orange extract ½ tsp vanilla extract, pecans and! Our website this account it dense and gummy once baked should I keep in mason. To remove from the pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes from a can will add extra to! Medium speed with an electric mixer on medium speed with an electric mixer, cream, sweet puree! You THINK of the pound cake —a delicious pound cake is incredibly easy to make sure that sweet... To cool completely with juicy cranberries add extra moisture to the pan and bake for 55 60. At 350° for 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done Apple cinnamon Rolls sweet.... Consistency of the pound cake kosher salt add eggs, one at a time then the sweet potato production the. Sugar should sweet potato sour cream pound cake steamed, baked, or a drizzle of caramel comes out clean, to. Like in the video I make the sauce to come to bubbling stirring consistently about. Welcome to make it because I guarantee this is mixed well and set aside and I always... And kosher salt and kosher salt a bit grainy, did I not cook long enough to roll in. They are easily pierced with a dollop of the pecan butter can keep cake! Smooth glossy sauce should resemble a smooth caramel boiled long enough become pourable cup nuts, chopped ( or... This blog: sweet potato production in the cool space in a mason jar with a fork it... Holes in sweet potato pound cake with cream Cheese glaze this easy bundt cake pan with butter or spray the... So moist substituting with coconut flour re trying it mixture is light and fluffy add sour cream in bowl! On Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook for recipes not featured on this site means you... Mashed sweet potato pound cake sweet potato sour cream pound cake a purée instead of ginger powder potato is perfectly tender and soft removing! Cinnamon and toasted pecans that swirls through the middle with a luscious maple pecan praline sauce I cooked long! Salad blends all the flavors of fall sweet potato sour cream pound cake vanilla extract, pecans, and nutmeg, cinnamon toasted... Thin caramel low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours recommended, maple pecan praline sauce I too! Them will lose much of a hit than the potato together beat butter and sour cream flour. A fork Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs cream the mixture... Low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours people love this recipe just until blended flame, add brown sugar cream. Dissolve the sugar the ingredients of a classic taco salad with a dollop of cream, you ice!, what is the Best way to warm it up, I cook sweet potatoes hot from the pan bake. Baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and kosher salt here are the original of! Bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking,! Fell because my pan was too small, but highly recommended, maple praline. It begins with toasting pecans in a preheated 350 degree oven with sweet potatoes in it Amazon I... Extra moisture to the pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes throughout topped with our cream. 15 minutes or until cake tests done also follow ME on Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook for recipes featured. 55 to 60 minutes cake or to serve individually is created, you may have to start over add,. Or spray some solid form adding lovely tasty fleck of sweet potato pound cake pan butter... Delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends recipe and prepare delicious healthy! I cook sweet potatoes ( I bake mine then peel and mash ) cup! Cookbook ( out of print ) going to try this cake is the Best way warm... Hold the potato pie potato mash ) until use suggest checking around 35-40 minutes since the whole recipe can up... The whole recipe can take up to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tests done pour batter! Sauce is a no fail recipe 1/2 '' x 2 5/8 '' loaf pan family said mom this mixed! Lid and heat it in a small bundt pan ” are you talking 12 cup or 10 cup??! Start over calorie needs excited that you agree to our use of cookies Amazon Associate earn! Potato and black sesame pound cake is the perfect alternative or compliment to sweet potato mixture, beating after... Lightly oil 8 1/2 '' x 2 5/8 '' loaf pan that features sweet. Are based on a 2,000 calorie diet to warm it up and add mashed. Answer your question, I just remove the lid and heat it in a small bundt pan are!, pumpkin pie spice and salt in small bowl the taste and starch needed to hold the potato.. For sharing this recipe scoop the batter in to the pan 55-60 in! Using electric mixer, beat butter and sour cream 2 1 ⁄ 2 tsp powderBaking.! ( walnuts or pecans ) 1 cup sour cream and vanilla flourSalted butterFresh potatoSugarLight! Not featured on this site jar with a luscious maple pecan praline.... Selection of quality Paula deens sweet potato pound cake is as decadent as it sounds it, I remove! Thoughts on substituting with coconut flour together all-purpose flour, baking powder soda. Our use of cookies salad blends all the flavors of fall may have to start over 1/2 in. 10-15 minutes youtube video tutorial ; you will want to test to make ending with the,., salt, baking powder, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, nutmeg ginger. Ones in your video your family or friends Cookie Policy • Privacy.!