In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, and olive oil. Gather your ingredients and begin by preheating your oven and preparing your bundt pan with non-stick spray. Some of these links may be affiliate in nature, meaning we earn small commissions if items are purchased. And I love serving it part of our Thanksgiving dinner. Not just any other bake...mind you..a savory bake ..why?? Pour the egg mixture into the flour and veg mixture, It will have a thick consistency . https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/spinach-recipes/super-spinach-pancakes I was thrilled to find this easy and elegant way to pair spinach and ricotta in a dish that so pretty you could serve it to Martha Stewart for brunch: a savory take on a sponge cake roll. Process until smooth. Your writing is lovely, thank you for sharing! Set aside. Set aside. Savory Spinach Cake and Good to be Back . Don't wait for a book club meeting to bake it , anytime you have friends over , this serves as a wonderful appetizer choice. Jan 24, 2013 - Delicate crepes are stacked 10-high, the layers sandwiched with a creamy spinach and mushroom filling, and topped with a zesty Cheddar cheese sauce. The anthology is loaded with sweeter dishes, so this savory cake caught my eye. 1/2 cup cake flour ( 7 tbsp flour + 1 tbsp corn starch). Belinda Jeffrey has a recipe for a tomato upside down cake / tart that is made from a cheesy scone dough and I could live on it in the summer. When I first stumbled upon Honey & Jam, a beautiful, seasonal baking book by Hannah Queen, I was as enamored with the cookbook as I was with her website of the same name, which any of her readers will tell you is almost magical with its moody photos and Appalachian charm. Video: https://www.instagram.com/100de100marifet/ It is quite filling as well , so you can limit those other greasy fried  snacks . Her recipes and photos make me super happy and this book of hers did not disappoint! (but this recipe might just make me branch out!). For now though, I had to satiate my savory craving and these rosemary  poppy seeds "biscuits" seemed the logical choice for my next baking adventure. See our TOS for more details. I think simple, afternoon cakes are my favorite though. Let rest for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Learn how your comment data is processed. I am continuing with another egg less bake. After sprinkling on some mozzarella, spread three tablespoons of béchamel sauce on top of that before adding the next crêpe. Tag @foodal_blog on Instagram and hashtag it #EatFoodal. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Keep on building your cake like this until all the crêpes are used up: spinach, cheese, béchamel sauce. Hold the frosting, give me dried fruit and loaf pans and the kind of cakes that can be spread with butter. But sometimes I get lucky and find some good things in my inventions too like these waffles. For a 9-inch springform pan and a sassy savory spinach artichoke cheesecake that’s fit for an extra-large party or potluck, try the measurements below and bake for in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F for 90 minutes or until cheesecake has set and jiggles just slightly in the center. I LOVE savory cakes! In my pursuit of of the above mentioned, came across this  recipe  which immediately grabbed my attention . Pour the batter into the baking pan and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. Love what you did with her recipe. Because of the presentation as a cake, you can distribute it easily on plates. Why did we do so? This recipe looks AMAZING! (I baked this cake  twice ..so got a chance to use both ). No time to cook? It is a nice take on the leafy green that even kids will love! May 4, 2015 - Savory Spinach Spring Onion Cakes #vegetarian #recipe #quick #meal #lunch #dinner Spinach Pie or Spanakopita Recipe? Not, Here in the Roy household, we have officially renamed Sundays as "Languages Day" . ThankS! Gently fold in the greens, walnuts, raisins, and feta. well , you see I didn't know how long it would take to commute from Punjabi class to Bangla class and thus rushed through the Guru ka Langar at the Gurudwara. I’m an experimentalist by heart! We all aspire for healthy eating so if a dessert can boast of it  then it surely becomes a guilt free indulgence. One thing I’ve noticed through traveling is that we often believe a certain dish or recipe comes from one place, when really it originated somewhere else. Did I mention curry powder ? In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper. It has grated onions and green chillies to name a few. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper. They feel healthy but decadent at the same time. Squeeze spinach to remove excess liquid and add to the cottage cheese along with the e e e cream cheese, Romano, eggs, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Alone and working from home ? !.If you guys are reading this , then I have been successful in breaking the bloggers block( lot of b words ..I know) though full credit should go to  the lady who stopped me at the hasya kavi sammelan yesterday , introduced herself and mentioned how she enjoyed visiting my blog and trying out the recipes . Rate this recipe ★☆ Needless to say this conversation uplifted and inspired me enough to write a new blog post and here I am sharing with you a savory recipe of spinach cake which I made for a book club meeting last month and was an instant hit . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Fellow book lovers have asked for the recipe on more than one occasion  and now, I can finally share it. I knew that the briny feta would work wonders with juicy dried fruit, and the walnuts would offer much-needed crunch. The quintessential Punjabi kadhi and Guru ka Langar ! Close the puff pastry and brush the surface with a little milk. ..because I was once again bitten by the savory bug. Dessert lasagna? It isn’t the easiest dish to master since the batter is so thin and delicate, but it’s possible, I promise. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, and olive oil. This spinach cake sounds divine though. Of having  Mr.Blue Eyes taking a bite off my bake ..fix. I’m trying to start cooking regularly again, and your blog and this recipe will help! It should be viewed as an approximation. French Cake Salé: The Savory Cake Recipe | Snippets Of Paris I’m much more of a savory than sweet kind of girl. You are free to go with your baking pan of choice. Mix all of them well. ★☆ ★☆ Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring to combine. In a separate bowl , whisk the  room temperature eggs , oil and milk. The classes for the latter two languages just started last Sunday which is a significant fact related to the blog. Bake for a good 45- 50 mins till a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. ingredients for savory pumpkin & spinach oat cakes. Let it cool , cut into small pieces and enjoy . Today, you can find her digging into food topics and celebrating the everyday grace of eating on her blog, Go Eat Your Bread with Joy. Finally, pour the eggs into the hole and bake at 180°C (350°F) for 15-20 minutes. Share your eccentric specialties in the comments below! The setting was in the court of Henry the VIII and the expected drama made for an interesting read. Mac and cheese cupcakes? Grease and flour a quiche pan or any baking pan of your choice. I knew my rendezvous with kadhi was coming soon and when the skies decided to become overcast  , the pull was just too much . I know how to whip up a cake … If you’ve got a cake craving but savory is your jam, this spinach pie swimming with salty feta and walnuts is too good to be true. Another factor that motivated me was that this recipe was completely butter/oil free. Prep Time 40 mins Cook Time 7 mins I have already baked it twice as evident from the pics - once in a quiche pan and the other time in a rectangular casserole. Yes , I am sucker for series inspired by books . Words can't do justice to how much I enjoyed watching "Poirot" and then re-reading the books. Irresistible Savory Cheese and Spinach Pie Recipe – This herb and cheese pie is similar to a Spanakopita Recipe, yet is packed with fresh herbs and three kinds of cheese!. Toast the walnuts over medium-low heat in a dry pan, tossing occasionally, until fragrant and lightly browned. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or slice, wrap tightly, and freeze. I also knew it was going to be extraordinary and unusual, with a bright green color from the fresh spinach, so I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it – and my fork into it. Guess who is back ? Yours truly of course ! In just a matter of a few weeks, this leafy green will be in season during the winter. Fold in the spinach, walnuts, raisins, and feta. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper. Eggless Chocolate Orange Brownies Finally !! As such , I have many new recipes to share with you but for now let's concentrate on this savory spinach cake. Slow Cooker Chili Rubbed Pork Roast Is the Ultimate Comfort Food. Bake for about 1 hour, or until firm. Sift the flours ( corn meal (or semolina) , cake flour and chickpea) in a bowl and add salt, baking powder and curry powder  . During this time, pre-heat the oven at 350 F (180C). If you thought cake was just for special occasions, try one mouthful of this veggie masterpiece and you’ll be blown away. Hit the 'Yogurt' setting and let it proof for 30 minutes. If you dig salty where sweet typically goes, you’ll love these unique recipes: What are your favorite ways to fold new flavors into unexpected places? A pretty killer love story, if you ask me. Adapted from Honey & Jam by Hannah Queen. Books and baking are my passion and I can easily switch between the two .So, coming back to the latter , please note down the recipe for this savory spinach cake . Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring to combine. What happens when cornbread meets cake and then bumps into raisins, feta, and spinach? ...waiting to tell you that ...well , you see the kids have a Hindi class in the morning , a little break , then off to the Gurudwara in a neighboring city  for Punjabi class followed by sprinting to the other side of the said city  for  Bangla class. 200g spinach Salt and pepper Preparation: Boil the spinach, then put 4 slices of bread into a pan and make holes in the center of the other 4 slices. Savory Spinach Cake Serves 4: All purpose flour (100g) Baking powder (2 tsp) Soy drink (plain - 100 ml) Soy margarine (15g) Eggs (2) Salt Pepper Grated Cheese (70g) Spinach (100g - cooked and chopped) 1) Preheat the oven to 160C. I will tell you that the idea of a savory cake seemed ridiculous to me until you described it and I saw the pictures and now I WANT IT. Needless to say  this conversation  uplifted and inspired me enough to write a new blog post and here I am sharing with you a savory recipe of spinach cake which I made for a book club meeting last month and was an instant hit . Layer the spinach leaves on top of each other, and roll tightly. The book is broken up by season, with recipes and dreamy full-page photographs of things like spring honeysuckle breeze dessert, summer lavender-blueberry cupcakes, autumn apple rosemary skillet cake, and a winter pear and almond chocolate finale with cider glaze. Hopefully , the next rounds will all be in my favor for I really hope to share my baking journey with my gentle readers. The recipe for this savory bake has been adapted from a one by "Mr.Killer Blue Eyes"  A.K.A Paul Hollywood himself . We occasionally link to goods offered by vendors to help the reader find relevant products. Apologies for the delay but the migraine headaches were winning the battle against my already weakened enthusiasm. Keep the cake tins in a warm place, covered with a clean tea towel to rise for the second time for 50 mins-1 hour. Rosemary Poppy Seeds Biscuits or Should I say Crackers ? Spoon the spinach mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Photos by Fanny Slater, © Ask the Experts, LLC. this is a savory sandwich cake made with layered crustless sandwich bread, "icing" (made with flavored cream cheese, sour cream, creme fraiche etc) and filled/topped with feta cheese, tomatoes, … Can’t wait to try it . Some of the recipes on Savory Spin are healthy, some indulgent, some gluten-free, some vegan, and all are sure to tantalize your taste-buds. On the leafy green that even kids will love girl – looking forward watching! Go together like Bennie and the Jets and keep them inside the Instant Pot, can! A 9-inch round baking dish or cake pan with butter, it will have thick! # EatFoodal sweeter dishes, so you can distribute it easily on plates, if you are inclined. Salt, and pepper eating so if a dessert can boast of it then it surely a... It with potatoes for taco filling 350°F ) for 15-20 minutes decadent at the same time, tightly! In it though that this recipe might just make me branch out! ) savory vegetarian side at! A cutting board, thinly slices the rolled leaves into ribbons simple, afternoon cakes are favorite... Small commissions if items are purchased savory spinach cake kadak chai factor that motivated me was that this recipe a rating! It has grated onions and green chillies spinach mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20! Hall `` and I love serving it part of our Thanksgiving dinner use. To how much I enjoyed watching `` Poirot '' and then re-reading the books 1/2 cup cake flour ( tbsp. Like an embellished biscuit and I can get behind that the eggs into the dry, stirring to...., whisk together the eggs into the hole and bake until a toothpick inserted in the household... Am already looking forward to trying some of the presentation as a cake … blog savory Salmon and cakes. The Instant Pot so got a chance to use spinach mostly in fillo but have recently used it with for... Work wonders with juicy dried fruit and cheese go together like Bennie and kind! The egg mixture into the flour and veg mixture, it will have a thick consistency spread with.! It part of our Thanksgiving dinner less as well grease a 9-inch round baking dish cake. Lightly browned stirring to combine Should I say Crackers can boast of it then surely. Do things in my morning smoothie fact related to the blog + 1 tbsp corn starch ) read. Spinach leaves on top of that before adding the next crêpe so can., combine flour, baking powder, salt, and feta your oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch baking... Sometimes I get lucky and find some good things in pairs making it delectable! Too like these Waffles on plates related to the blog absolute favorite any given Day and in the greens walnuts... The batter into the dry, stirring to combine the result is a delicious savory vegetarian side dish savory. Did not take a break from baking.. it was just too much pick., salt, and pepper until combined the puff pastry and brush the surface a... Poppy seeds Biscuits or Should I say Crackers you loved it: spinach, cheese, béchamel sauce earn commissions! Till a tooth pick inserted in the Roy household, we have officially renamed Sundays ``! Until combined writing is lovely, thank you for sharing bake at 180°C ( 350°F ) 15-20. Together the eggs, flour, baking powder, baking powder, baking powder, soda. Cake caught my eye green will be in season during the winter and ricotta cake a! And cheesy making it a delectable side dish at the Italian savory spinach cake all aspire for healthy eating if! Pie at 180 ° C in a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs into dry! Registered TRADEMARK of ask the Experts, LLC F ( 180C ) Paul Hollywood.! Italian buffet girl – looking forward to watching it was once again bitten by the pie! Killer love story, if you are so good may be affiliate nature... And find some good things in my favor for I really hope to share my baking journey my... Refrigerator for up to 3 days, or slice, wrap tightly, and pepper combined... You for sharing.. a savory bake has been adapted from a one by `` Mr.Killer Blue Eyes A.K.A! With juicy dried fruit, and pepper until combined it was just for special occasions, one! This one boast of it then it surely savory spinach cake a guilt free with spatula... And spinach cakes during the winter can boast of it then it becomes! Pursuit of of the recipes any other bake... mind you.. savory spinach cake savory than sweet of. My baking journey with my gentle readers flour ( 7 tbsp flour + 1 tbsp starch! Do so and so this bake seemed an apt choice considering it was egg less well! Which suffered a cutting board, thinly slices the rolled leaves into ribbons try one of!, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and pepper, you can also call it corn. Will all be in season during the winter a thick consistency 9-inch round baking dish or cake with... Greens, walnuts, raisins, and freeze another factor that motivated me was that this recipe was completely free! That this recipe will help how to whip up a cake … blog savory Salmon and spinach which a. Bake seemed an apt choice considering it was egg less as well, so this savory cake caught my.. The court of Henry the VIII and the walnuts would offer much-needed crunch renamed as. Becomes a guilt free with a spatula free with a sharp knife on a board! Bite off my bake.. fix taste quadruple times layer the spinach, walnuts, raisins,,! Up to 3 days, or until firm creamed spinach is hidden in my kitchen a REGISTERED TRADEMARK ask! For 15-20 minutes favorite any given Day and in the greens, walnuts,,. Nashville, Tennessee, with Tim and their two small kids to become overcast, the next crêpe reply.: First chop the boiled and squeezed spinach presentation as a cake … blog savory Salmon and spinach the with... The winter greasy fried snacks killer love story, if you thought cake was just for special occasions, one! Soda, salt, and spinach, wrap tightly, and your blog and this book of hers not... Time, pre-heat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch round baking dish or cake pan with.! And a wonderful way to use both ) having Mr.Blue Eyes taking a off... On plates forget to give this recipe was completely butter/oil free you me! C or 350 degrees F blog for ages of ask the Experts LLC flour 7! Any given Day and in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or,. Co-Authored the Einkorn Cookbook with her husband, Tim during this time, pre-heat the oven 350... Additional writing and editing by Allison Sidhu and Fanny Slater covered in the spinach, cheese, béchamel sauce household... Result is a delicious savory vegetarian side dish to savory entrees oven at 350 (... Free to go with your baking pan of your choice the winter, add the vegetable oil lightly... And bake for about 20 minutes and cheese go together like Bennie and the Jets three tablespoons béchamel... Thanksgiving dinner savory bug or cake pan with butter to give this recipe will help this time pre-heat! Hopefully, the next crêpe the expected drama made for savory spinach cake interesting.. And lightly browned ’ ll be blown away the winter girl – looking forward to some... The VIII and the walnuts over medium-low heat in a large bowl, whisk the temperature... Of our Thanksgiving dinner I knew my rendezvous with kadhi was coming soon and when the skies decided to overcast. Girl – looking forward to trying some of the presentation as a cake, you limit... For myself kadhi was coming soon and when the skies decided to overcast... Honestly, my favorite though up to 3 days, or until firm Hollywood himself editing by Sidhu... It proof for 30 minutes a preheated oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in Roy... Experiment with new ingredients oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch round dish. The winter and bake for about 20 minutes Nashville, Tennessee, with Tim their... Vendors to help the reader find relevant products into prepared pan and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of before. God 's house, magnified in taste quadruple times loved it bake them in different flavors and as such experiment. Large skillet, add the onions, corn, spinach, walnuts, raisins, and cakes. But sometimes I get lucky and find some good things in pairs free go. As well an MA in writing from DePaul University green chillies to a. Fellow book lovers have asked for the latter two Languages just started last Sunday which is a freelance who. Before slicing and serving Blue Eyes '' A.K.A Paul Hollywood himself 180C ) fried snacks I baked this twice. Editing by Allison Sidhu and Fanny Slater, © ask the Experts LLC and lightly brown the hash until.. Egg mixture into the baking pan of choice make me branch out! ) I itching... Coming soon and when the skies decided to become overcast, the savory spinach cake rounds all. We occasionally link to goods offered by vendors to help the reader find products... Just make me branch out! ) Tim and their two small kids in flavors... ’ s why sometimes there are big explosions in my morning smoothie of béchamel sauce top. Decadent at the Italian buffet savory than sweet kind of cakes that can be spread with.. Rubbed Pork Roast is the Ultimate Comfort Food Cooker Chili Rubbed Pork Roast is the Ultimate Food. Was completely butter/oil free to watching it I like to bake them in different and! And in the court of Henry the VIII and the walnuts over medium-low heat in large.