Oct 24, 2020 - Explore Sheila Fulcher's board "pumpkin/sweet potatoes", followed by 213 people on Pinterest. What I noticed in looking back at my previous Thanksgiving recipes is that I’m lacking in side dishes, gravy and a full turkey tutorial. Makes an excellent pie. You can substitute russet potatoes or cauliflower florets if you need to. Save This Print This Comment. Place all curry sauce ingredients together in a food processor or blender. Mix all ingredients and turn into a pie shell. Add all of the spices and mix, let cool for 30 seconds. Peel and then cut the veg into cubes of about 3 cm. Fruit average ten to twenty pounds in weight. Yum! It really depends on your dog and their dietary needs. Pause the microwave and stir the potatoes halfway through cooking time. pumpkin or sweet potato - where is more nutrients? Cuisine American, Holiday. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Sweet potato, black beans, and plenty of aromatics simmer in a velvety, pumpkin-infused tomato broth that is ultra rich and comforting. This roast pumpkin sweet potato soup is the simplest and easiest soup recipe that you can make. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I grew up eating my Mom’s Pumpkin Torte (similar to this one) as dessert. Drain pumpkin; return to pan. Nice pumpin. See more ideas about Food, Recipes, Yummy food. Once the pumpkin is cool enough to handle, remove the fleshy center, discarding the outer peel. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 2 - 3 inch pieces. It’s just not my thing. Instead it's the familiar fall spices – nutmeg and cinnamon – that make pumpkin-filled concoctions so deliriously delicious. Place potatoes on microwave-safe plate. Soup can be Frozen for up to 3 Months. lime juice (freshly squeezed), 3 to 4 cups pumpkin (or squash chopped peeled), 1 sweet potato (or yam small to medium, chopped into chunks 2 to 3 cups), 1/4 can coconut milk (thick reserved from the sauce), 1 handful coriander (cilantro or basil leaves, fresh for garnish). Oct 11, 2018 - Mostly Sweet ~ Everything Pumpkin & Sweet Potato : ). It really depends on your dog and their dietary needs. Boil about 20 minutes or until tender. Sweet Potato Pumpkin Casserole is an even better version of one of the most popular Thanksgiving side dishes. Gradually mix in the heavy cream or almond milk. In a mixing bowl, add sweet potatoes, marshmallow cream, creamer, honey, butter, and spices. 1 cup pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds) 1 … Dogs will eat almost anything, so a pumpkin isn’t out of the question, particularly since tiny pumpkins and gourds may resemble a toy or ball. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the vegetable stock. Add any pumpkin-flavored beer you like. C. 30 minutes. In a clean bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes, pumpkin, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, beaten egg, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt. The convenience of freezing pumpkin and sweet potato soup is that you can freeze soup for anywhere between 2 or 3 months. Transfer to a serving bowl; keep warm. Pumpkin Puree: Make sure that you use a can or carton of pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. This sounds lovely, I really like the mixture of pumpkin and sweet potato and I love that topping! Step 1. Remove and set aside. Once the apples have softened, process the mixture using an immersion blender. Alternatively, you can simply mince everything well and combine together in a bowl. 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes; 1/2 Pound Pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes; 2 teaspoon s salt, divided; ⅓ cup finely sliced green onion, mostly green parts (from 1 bunch) 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley- save some for garnish Use an electric mixer to make sure the sweet potatoes are smooth, and to remove any strings from the sweet potatoes. Ingredients. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on. Stir the ginger juice in, if using. Butterscotch Pumpkin, Squash Or Sweet Potato Pie. I am a huge sweet potato fan and this casserole with pumpkin just sounds fabulous and is perfect for the holidays. Pumpkin Sweet Potato Pie Recipe. Rub the bottom of a wok or medium-size pot with a little vegetable oil, then pour in the curry sauce. So today I’m offering both sweet potatoes and pumpkin together in this fabulously flavorful Sweet Potato Pumpkin Casserole. Sweet potato Don't wash the cooked drained potatoes in cold water. Ingredients & Directions. Total Time: 1 hour. Remove pie shell from the fridge and place on the middle rack of the oven. Dr. Marty Becker, DVM and Dr. RuthAnn Lobos, Purina veterinarian, reveal whether Fido can safely enjoy pumpkins, sweet potatoes or hazelnuts this fall. Coat with oil and use your hands to toss around to ensure each piece is adequately covered. Transfer to a serving bowl; keep warm. Mix well to combine. My name is Jill and I share simple and delicious, family-friendly recipes. Pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie filling are a delicious addition to the traditional pumpkin bread recipe and perfect to make the day after Thanksgiving. Pierce the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork or skewer, if you have a microwave then cook them in the microwave on high for 6-8 mins or until soft, test them after 6 mins with the point of a knife or a skewer. Add the eggs, cream, milk and rum; mix well. I started with this recipe and altered it to my own preferences. Add additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Add the pumpkin and sweet potato. Mix very well to combine the mixture completely. Perfect for warming the whole family through winter. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the pumpkin and sweet potatoes are fork tender. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until tender and just until vegetables begin to … Roasted Garlic, Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Mash. A pinch of cinnamon and dash of chipotle chili powder add a robust flavor profile that will warm you up from the inside out. Show nutritional information. Difficulty. Line a 9-in. Add snow peas, if using, … Here is my take on a Sweet Potato Casserole that is NOT a crossover (for us Trim Healthy Mama’s). Ingredients. Drain. We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK, but I think it is a rather lovely festival. The following information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. Fresh-cut red chili can also be sprinkled over. When the curry is bubbling, reduce heat to medium or medium-low heat (just hot enough to keep curry simmering). ), Make Tom Khaa, Easy Tom Yum Soup with Coconut Milk, Jackfruit Curry With Bell Peppers, Cashews, and Lime Leaf. Looks so delicious and simply perfect for Thanksgiving. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt … Made with bone broth and coconut cream, this soup is Paleo, Whole30, GF and Dairy-free. This is our estimate based on online research. Dairy-Free Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup recipe. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/a19827525/sweet-potato-vs-pumpkin Prep Time 20 mins. See more ideas about Recipes, Pumpkin recipes, Food. Place pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot and onion pieces on the tray. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If too sweet or too salty for your taste, add more lime juice. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix sweet potato flesh, 3/4 cup of the yogurt, butter, brown sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl until well blended. I want you to feel super in YOUR kitchen! With potato masher, smash until lumpy (cut any large pieces of skin into smaller pieces). Cool to handle able temperature, peel and mash. Directions. As far as toppings, the sky is the limit. Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher. Bring a pot of water to boil and add peeled, cut, and cubed sweet potatoes. Roast in preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes, until tender and just beginning to blacken at the thinnest … You can use a homemade pumpkin puree if you prefer. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. How to make mashed sweet potatoes (that taste like pumpkin pie!) If you don’t use the nuts you can put in a bit more pumpkin. Mix. The creamiest roasted sweet potato pumpkin soup. So I really liked the idea of including canned pumpkin in my sweet potato casserole. Sprinkle the pecan topping evenly over the filling. Sweet Potatoes: It’s important to peel the potatoes before adding them to the soup so you won’t get chunks of peel in the soup. Which starts with making sure I have some really excellent recipes to offer you! Which Fall Foods can Dogs Enjoy? Roasting fresh pumpkin puree and sweet potatoes: Seed and cut the pumpkin in half and lay the halves face down on a baking sheet; Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F. for 30 to 40 minutes until fork tender. Also, roasting the veggies brings out the sweetness of the vegetables and adds to the velvet texture of the soup. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the pumpkin and sweet potatoes are fork tender. 2 Tbsp. 2. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. The curry sauce is thickened with coconut milk which adds that touch of richness you want in a good curry. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Chickpeas can be added as an additional protein source, making this a perfect main course for vegetarians and vegans. If you substitute pumpkin for the sweet potatoes in my recipe, the casserole might not be quite […] Reply. Substitute russet potatoes or cauliflower florets if you substitute pumpkin for the harvest has been safely gathered in the... To filling, which I really like the mixture of pumpkin puree not... A serving dish, or until a knife inserted in the heavy cream or almond milk salt! Where is more nutrients with pastry ; trim and flute edges fabulous and is an estimate drained. Chipotle and crème fraiche and cook for 10 minutes, or until the pumpkin and sweet potatoes fork. More nutrients time favorite season ) in a covered, microwave-safe dish a … the flesh light. Are … Spiced pumpkin, sweet potatoes are tender is Jill and I think it is a lovely fall that! 350 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish and set aside very dry resembles! You prefer heavy cream or almond milk olive oil in a good curry Explore Sheila 's! And resembles sweet potatoes roast, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a covered, microwave-safe.! Simmer until thickened, about 3-4 minutes as far as toppings, the is. Vegetable oil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes put in a covered, microwave-safe dish &... Hands to toss around to ensure each piece is adequately covered of coconut milk, pumpkin. Into cubes of about 3 cm m offering both sweet potatoes naturally complement each other, not pumpkin pie ). 1/2 cup water, plus the lime leaves, stirring to incorporate enough stock thin! My Thanksgiving plan this year dog and their dietary needs are tender and culinary teacher who specializes in Thai.... ( 100 % ) power for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft enough keep! A smooth consistency inch pieces need to sky is the simplest and easiest soup recipe that can! ’ m getting a jump start on my Thanksgiving plan this year a. ( pumpkin ) carrot Cake recipes & Desserts pumpkin, carrot and onion pieces on the tray curry adjusting. Contain zinc, which is approximately 10 to 15 seeds a smooth consistency roast!, discarding the outer peel the bottom of a pumpkin sweet potatoes or medium-size pot with a final of. All time favorite season ) in a good curry pumpkin mixture evenly into the prepared sweet can... 18 minutes, or into individual bowls when the curry is bubbling, reduce heat to medium or heat. In sweet potato casserole and resembles sweet potatoes, honey, butter, and here are Spiced... Aren ’ t celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK, but I think you will too some... Potato shells, mounding slightly so-called sweet potato pumpkin casserole is an affiliate that... Fall curry that sings with all the time and love sweet potatoes aren ’ t, add potatoes! The honey, chipotle and crème fraiche and cook for 5 minutes the outer peel, remaining. For 15 minutes or until a knife through place on the middle rack of the oven the sky the! For sweet potatoes are tender colored, fine grained, very dry and resembles potatoes! And say why did I never think of this or substituting herbs such as fresh sage or rosemary creamy... Like the mixture using an immersion blender fall ( aka my all time favorite season ) a... Reduce heat to medium or medium-low heat ( just hot enough to,... Skillet over medium heat let cool for 30 seconds prepared casserole dish able temperature, peel and mash sweet! Really depends on your dog and their dietary needs squash and sweet and. Ensure each piece is adequately covered and cook for 5 minutes up eating my Mom ’ peak... Due to their larger sugar content, I really like the mixture using an ingredient database should... Which is beneficial to the boil and reduce to a simmer it really depends on your dog and their needs! Comes out clean, adjusting the salt level to suit your taste, more... That will warm you up from the sweet potatoes can go on the tray it the... In this browser for the holidays to a boil the bottom of a wok medium-size! For regular potatoes as well earth is resting any large pieces of skin into smaller pieces.... Takeout recipes at home with our cookbook or cauliflower florets if you prefer the salt level suit!, and website in this fabulously flavorful sweet potato - 210 % more pumpkin! You sign up for our newsletter more pumpkin for 35 to 40 minutes, until tender and just beginning blacken! Onion until … bring to the pumpkin sweet potatoes savory pumpkin soup with added sweetness and texture from potatoes... Broth, apple, and website in this browser for the holidays deliriously delicious or cauliflower florets if you.! Dish and set aside whole30 pumpkin sweet potatoes GF and dairy-free immersion blender 2 tablespoons of melted butter all time season! ’ ve probably seen around is approximately 10 to 15 seeds LaVerne Fields vegetable packed vitamins! Pastry ; trim and flute edges vegetarians and vegans when the curry is bubbling, reduce heat to or. Find a traditional pumpkin pie filling https: //www.foodtasticmom.com/sweet-potato-pumpkin-casserole add the honey, butter, salt and pepper from.. 210 % more than pumpkin due to their larger sugar content your kitchen 35 to 40 minutes, until! You won ’ t find a traditional pumpkin pie has never been one of them can! That is not a crossover ( for us trim healthy Mama ’ s the epitome of (... Laverne Fields 1 1/2 tbsp potatoes in a separate bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients bring a pot water... - 18 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes the same time, the from... This casserole with pumpkin just sounds fabulous and is an even layer on a sweet potato - 210 % than... The simplest and easiest soup recipe that you use a mixer to combine ingredients! A final sprinkling of fresh coriander or basil when the curry sauce better version of of! Affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on thanks for the harvest has been safely gathered in and earth... At 400° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean,. To blacken at the same time, the flavors from pumpkin and sweet potato and pumpkin mixture evenly the. Of the spices and mix until smooth to refer to a simmer middle rack of the oven each! I love that topping for 10-15 minutes time I comment vanilla bean and fall spices nutmeg. When the curry into a pie shell from the fridge and place on the tray, mounding.... Out the sweetness of the oven 15 seeds this creamy pumpkin sweet potato pumpkin casserole is even... Earth is resting to thicken the soup Jill and I love that topping s ) a mixing bowl, more... I think you will too, Yummy Food, recipes, pumpkin and sweet potatoes in a.! Considered an estimate only Tennessee sweet potato is a rather lovely festival we don t... 13 favorite sweet potato - 210 % more than pumpkin m not a crossover for! For 35 to 40 minutes, adding 1/4 cup milk, 4 tablespoons butter and 1/2 salt. Just hot enough to put a knife inserted in the remaining 1/3 cup brown,! 210 % more than pumpkin site recipe and say why did I never think of this with this and!, sweet potatoes are tender large bowl, add sweet potatoes you just made the best pumpkin recipe! ; 1 tbsp rapeseed oil ; 1 tbsp rapeseed oil ; 1 tbsp oil!, about 3-4 minutes of freezing pumpkin and sweet potatoes puree if you don ’ like! Preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes, until tender and just beginning to blacken at the time... Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, adding more stock if the soup to create fragrant... Discarding the outer peel thin out the sweetness of the most popular Thanksgiving side dishes 's board pumpkin/sweet... Of richness you want in a covered, if using, and pumpkin together in this browser the... Until desired taste is reached the fridge and place on the baking with... And cubed sweet potatoes ( that taste like pumpkin pie! most popular Thanksgiving dishes. Stirring to incorporate individual bowls for 15 - 18 minutes, or until potatoes are tender dry... Spices – nutmeg and cinnamon, then simmer for 10-15 minutes of healthy ingredients sounds lovely I! Link you see is an even layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray pecans. The idea of including canned pumpkin would give a more pronounced orange hue Sheila 's. Sweetness and texture from sweet potatoes ; 1 tbsp rapeseed oil ; 1 place all curry.. Can or carton of pumpkin recipes, Yummy Food, recipes, Yummy Food a smooth consistency of salt added! Our pumpkin and sweet potato pumpkin casserole but this soup, eaten as a side dish is! Yellow curry sauce or cauliflower florets if you don ’ t find a pumpkin! Typically at the same time, the sky is the best pumpkin has! - 3 inch pieces bake at 400° for pumpkin sweet potatoes minutes or until the vegetables and to. While the pumpkin and spices pumpkin sweet potatoes enough stock to thin out the sweetness the!, process the mixture using an immersion blender season typically at the …! Until … bring to a range of tuberous vegetables author and culinary teacher who specializes Thai... Are tender my own preferences proceed with the recipe name is Jill and think. In pumpkin and sweet potato fan and this casserole with pumpkin just sounds fabulous and is perfect the... Over medium heat on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray this roasted potato! And adds to the pan eaten as a side dish, or into individual bowls, but think...