Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. STEP THREE: MIX. These banana pumpkin cookies are the perfect autumn/fall breakfast or snack! Another great idea is to freeze it in ice cube trays. These pumpkin cookies are frosted with maple frosting. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Then I freeze it in the freezer in 2 cup portions so it’s ready for recipes. We can use it to add nutrients and fiber to our food all year. Second step, scoop out all the seeds and junk in the middle. But I think it’s probably just me. Cookies can be stored in the refrigerator or in the freezer. You’d be surprised how many people ask that. I love using pumpkins with my kids and decorating with them, but I HATE wasting food. This recipe calls for a Spice Cake Mix. However, there is just one issue that you might run across this year. Any post on this blog may contain affiliate links which pay me a very small commission for items you purchase using the links but costs you nothing extra. The time will depend on the size of the pumpkins. I have never made my own puree before but I’d like to try now 🙂. This recipe makes big cookies. It’s a great idea! The maple cream cheese icing is a delicious addition, but the cookies are just as wonderful plain. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Bake 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cookie comes out clean. Then your puree is at the ready for your recipes. You could try using the mix but it contains sugar and spices so it would be hard to know how to adjust the recipe to still get the same delicious results. Combine all dry ingredients together and set aside (per recipe below). #mc-embedded-subscribe-form input[type=checkbox]{display: inline; width: auto;margin-right: 10px;} We use both. These pumpkin puree cookies are so soft and tender and the glaze on top makes them the perfect sweetness. Second step, scoop out all the seeds and junk in the middle. And the cookies sound yummy. Mix together a box of spice cake mix and pumpkin puree and you have pumpkin cookies!! We roast our pumpkins and make our own homemade pumpkin puree. PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES (adapted from Let’s Dish) Makes approximately 40 cookies. A recipe website dedicated to making your own meals at home to decrease preservatives and enjoy the art of preparing meals for yourself and your family. You can add a tablespoon of water if you need to loosen it up a little. Whisk the two together and you have yourself a semi-homemade Spice Cake Mix! These soft pumpkin cookies are bomb. Print Ingredients. Most of these recipes call for pumpkin puree, which is different than pumpkin pie filling, so be careful what you grab at the grocery store. These pumpkin spice cookies are super soft and delicious, almost like mini pumpkin breads, but they hold together just like a cookie. The puree gives all these cookies, breads, cakes, pies, and other pumpkin recipes a clear pumpkin taste. I personally think pumpkin flavor is good all on its own, but I’ve been allergic to cinnamon my whole life so I haven’t spent much time eating it. Beat in the white and brown sugars, a little at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Do you ever add any other seasonings – like allspice, nutmeg, clove or ginger? You can also subscribe without commenting. Zero to Hero Nutrition: How to Actually Get Kids to Eat Healthy Food. Enjoy! Your email address will not be published. Then you can use a cube or two or three as a hidden ingredient in many things. We want pure pumpkin puree with nothing else added. And most of all Fall baking! Be sure that you use Pure Pumpkin Puree and not Pumpkin Pie Filling. Seriously, you can can make great tasting cookies with just a simple cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree. Place pumpkin pieces on a baking sheet (face up or face down; I’ve done both) and roast in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes, or until pumpkin is fork-tender. This is a classic short-cut recipe that requires you to purchase only 2 Ingredients. There has never been a person who has not LOVED these cookies, even those who do not like pumpkin cookies. Enjoy. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you. They should be nice and light golden brown when done. Soft, tasty, cake like pumpkin cookies with a light glaze. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. A one bowl cookie recipe that’s perfect for the fall! To make the cookies, start by whisk together the flour, spices, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. These pumpkin oatmeal cookies are like a cross between pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffin tops, and pumpkin pie. If I have a pumpkin that goes past its prime before it’s time to cook them up, I will set it out on the outside of the garden fence and let it decompose there. We have a pumpkin we carved the other day that we intend to bake and try making our own puree. Can I pretend to be a kid again for a few days and come be part of your daycare? I love the idea of plants planting themselves naturally. Mix together the butter, sugars and vanilla until fluffy. The skins will slide right off the pumpkin halves when they have cooled. Out of all my pumpkin recipes, you’re looking at one of the best.Originally published in 2013, these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies … They are soft and fat and super yummy. If you want to use Gina's spices, you could add them now, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves. Ingredients. These cookies are so easy to make and only require 5 ingredients: pumpkin, quick oats, maple syrup, peanut butter and pumpkin pie spice. You can wash the seeds and soak them in brine and cook them. Good thing that these pumpkin cookies are so easy to make! Then throw the chunks in your blender or food processor and process until smooth. I don’t like buying them and not using them. */ These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are light and fluffy cookies made with pumpkin puree and plenty of chocolate chips. How to Make Pumpkin Cookies 1. You will need a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and … You can also follow us on Facebook, and Pinterest. Set it aside while you prepare the wet ingredients. Deliciously soft, chewy, and healthy banana cookies that are loaded with pumpkin puree, oats, and chocolate chips. Top with cream cheese for an old fashioned pumpkin cookie taste! Pumpkin puree is the only way to go with these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies do not spread out very much when baking. In the spring, some pumpkin plants will come up on their own. However, they rarely last that long! #mergeRow-gdpr fieldset label {font-weight: normal;} Now for the super yummy part…turning that fresh puree into cookies! Soft Pumpkin Cookie Recipe with Homemade Pumpkin Puree First step to make pumpkin puree, cut the pumpkin in half. I don’t use any cinnamon because I’m seriously allergic to it, even the smell. They’re all healthy, simple ingredients. However, remember this step is completely optional. #mergeRow-gdpr {margin-top: 20px;} Besides using leftover pumpkin for Pumpkin Cookies, it’s also delicious stirred into oatmeal, whisked along with milk and spices for a Pumpkin Spice Latte, or added to smoothies. Then remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the pumpkin cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin, egg, and 2 teaspoons vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. I just personally don’t like them. It has been a family recipe for 35 years. These Pumpkin Shortbread Cookies made with browned butter and pumpkin puree are lightly spiced, the perfect combo of crunchy and crumbly, and full of pumpkin flavor. Learn how your comment data is processed. Yield: Approximately 3 - 4 Dozen. To make 40–48 smaller cookies, use a No. Instructions Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Add the flour, baking soda and powder, salt and spices to a bowl then whisk together and set aside. Peel off the skin from the pumpkin pieces until you have a big pile of the stuff. To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. Trust me, I’m a professional. Mix pumpkin and vanilla extract into creamed butter mixture; add cinnamon, … Sifting helps incorporate the dry ingredients into the recipe and turns out better cookies! If you have pumpkins making homemade pumpkin puree is really easy to do. I just love the flavor of pumpkin itself. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are made using a similar process for many other cookies, the difference being that the dough is chilled just before baking in this recipe. You can wash the seeds and soak them in brine and cook them. You can easily make your own Spice Cake Mix! After a lifetime of reacting every time i taste them, they are not appealing to me. Chocolate chip cookies are a universally adored treat. Although you can store the cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature, we prefer to store them in the refrigerator. Drop tablespoonfuls, or use a cookie scoop to place the sticky batter onto the prepared baking sheet, at least 1 inch apart. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. I don’t even know that you would be able to walk into my house without having a reaction! Ha ha. Once it’s frozen, pop them out and store them in an airtight container. #mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; width:100%;} Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The intent is the save the cookies for our Christmas Cookie Trays. 2. For more healthy pumpkin recipes, click here. Use your hand or stand mixer to blend the ingredients until well incorporated. Leaves turning. Of course, if you want icing on top, you will have to splurge and purchase an additional ingredient. *Also: You may substitute pumpkin for pureed butternut squash or pureed sweet potato. If preferred, after 5 minutes of baking, use the bottom of a round glass sprayed with non-stick baking spray to compress the tops of the cookies. Continue to allow them to bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. When you want to make pumpkin cookies, but don’t have a lot of time, energy or are looking for a quick and easy recipe, than you must make these Easy Pumpkin Cookies! We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. 🙂 And yes, the cinnamon allergy is a total drag! In a medium bowl, mix together the dry cake mix and pumpkin puree just until incorporated. Your email address will not be published. I am so sorry you are allergic to cinnamon. Beat sugar and 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. And within weeks, the stored cookies are gone! The Secret to Asking for your Paycheck in Home Daycare, How to Choose Seeds for your Vegetable Garden, Beginner’s Guide to Freezing and Dehydrating Produce. Sweater weather. They are delicious. Now take a large bowl and add the white and brown sugar, molasses, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. However, for some reason, this specific cake mix is difficult to find in many areas. Instructions. And because these pumpkin cookies are so easy to make, we like to make an extra batch and store them in the freezer. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. /* Add your own Mailchimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block. Put your spice cake mix (or substitute ingredients) in a large mixing bowl. Whether you are looking for an easy Thanksgiving dessert recipe or just something sweet and pumpkin … I don’t know if the word is out about Easy Pumpkin Cookies or what? Prep Time: 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry cake mix and pumpkin puree just … S… If you must freeze it, pumpkin purée lasts 5-7 days in the refrigerator and three months in the freezer. Other people would enjoy the other spices. 🙂 I can tell you that kids like my pumpkin stuff better without it. When I started planing recipes to share this fall, one of the first things I wanted to make was pumpkin shortbread cookies, because I love pumpkin… This time we made yummy pumpkin cookies with our puree. Soups, stews, and casseroles are a great place to boost nutrients with 3 or 4 cubes of pumpkin but will never be detected by picky eaters. You can wash the seeds and soak them in brine and cook them. Add the can of pumpkin puree. You should definitely try it. Bake them until fork tender. Pumpkin puree, cinnamon and spices put a pumpkin twist on a classic snickerdoodle recipe. These pumpkin cookies are finished with a cinnamon sugar topping for an extra special sweet … INGREDIENTS: 1 cup butter, softened; 1/2 cup white sugar Pumpkin Spice Cookies These pumpkin cookies are perfectly spiced and will smell like fall as soon as you open up the spice jars. I love everything about Fall. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree. You can use pie pumpkins or even big jack o lantern pumpkins, but pie pumpkins have a more concentrated flavor and smoother texture. There is nothing better than pulling a pumpkin cookie out of the fridge and taking a bite into that soft, cool cookie. To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter with the granulated sugar and brown sugar until … The cookies do not spread out very much. 🙂. Then spray the bottom of a round glass with non-stick spray and compress the top of each cookie slightly. Usually they are presented with cinnamon, so i associate that flavor, ya know? These soft pumpkin cookies are thick and cakey with extra pumpkin spice flavor. Beat in pumpkin, egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth. These cookies are easily customizable with your favorite add-ins. Beat in the … Add pumpkin puree and egg. If you can’t find a box of Spice Cake Mix, simply substitute a box of Yellow Cake Mix and 2 teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice. If you are using a well-seasoned baking stone there is no need to line the top. Like I said, I hate waste. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and raw sugar. These look real yummy. Beat sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; beat in egg until smooth. It’s sooo good. I don’t think kids really like those kinds of spices either. This is normal. Either unexpected guests arrive, a last minute bake sale pops up, or late night cravings take over. Now transfer them to a wire cooking rack and let them cool completely before adding the icing. Therefore, instead of ending up with mounds of baked pumpkin cookies, we help them cookies expand during the baking process. You can make them with homemade pumpkin puree or used canned, but you’re going to be asking for more. They’re quick, easy, and best of all– there’s no … A chocolate chip cookie spiked with homemade pumpkin spice, crunchy pecans, and gooey pumpkin puree. Set your oven to 350-400 degrees and lay the pumpkin halves on a cookie sheet cut side down. This recipe calls for 1 cup pumpkin. Just as a heads up, the mixture will be sticky! I am sure you are used to it by now, but still…sorry. Once completely cooled, spread cream cheese icing on top. Gradually beat in flour mixture. ½ cup butter softened 11/4 cups brown sugar 2 eggs 1tsp vanilla 1 cup pumpkin puree 2 … Therefore pumpkin cookies with icing can be made with a total of 3 ingredients. In a separate … a large mixing bowl, cream butter and the sugars together until You can compost the stringy goop in the center too. Easy Pumpkin Cookies – Made With Just 2 Ingredients. 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed 1/2 cup (115g) pumpkin puree … I don’t, but i recommend you do. Soft Pumpkin Cookie Recipe with Homemade Pumpkin Puree First step to make pumpkin puree, cut the pumpkin in half. It has won 1st prize at a cookie exchange and at a pumpkin … Luckily, cream cheese icing is easy to find in the baking aisle. The kids loved them. Required fields are marked *. This is easily done by allowing the the cookies to bake for the first 5 minutes. Makes about 16-18 cookies Ingredients: ½ cup honey or raw maple syrup; ½ cup all natural unsalted peanut butter; ⅓ cup pure pumpkin puree; ¼ cup melted unrefined organic coconut oil; 1 large egg, room temp Sometimes you just need a chocolate chip cookie, especially when pumpkin spice season– I mean fall– takes over. Then using a small or medium size cookie scoop drop mounds of the dough onto the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. But no worries! Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth. 60 … Mix and match up to 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans, pumpkin seeds, coconut, chocolate chips and raisins. Especially when there is a cup of hot apple cider in your other hand! Click here to see how to make your own yummy pumpkin seeds. Sometimes animals will come and eat them. This year, when we baked our first pumpkin, we made some yummy pumpkin cookies. Like apple cookies, these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are packed to the brim with delicious Fall flavors.. #mc-embedded-subscribe-form .mc_fieldset{border:none;min-height: 0px;padding-bottom:0px;}, Pumpkin Cookies with Homemade Pumpkin Puree. I actually checked at 4 different grocery stores last week and the shelves were bare. Cook Time: 15 minutes. Thick, puffy and packed with great texture from the oats and flavor from … Take your pumpkin puree and measure out two cups and store them in a ziplock back or mason jar with plenty of headspace. And if you find the grocery shelves missing this seasonal ingredient as well, follow our instructions on how to make Homemade Pumpkin Puree. I love spices, so would feel compelled to use something in place of the cinnamon. Minute bake sale pops up, the stored cookies are so easy to do a. Want icing on top Makes them the perfect autumn/fall breakfast or snack, pop them out and store them the... Hold together just like a cookie think it ’ s probably just me 350 degrees F ( 176 degrees ). And plenty of headspace dough onto the prepared baking sheet with parchment paper a. Of spices either reason, this specific cake mix and pumpkin puree cookies can pumpkin. I associate that flavor, ya know of plants planting themselves naturally sugars and vanilla extract chocolate chips raisins... To a wire cooking rack and let cookies cool on the pan for about minutes. Love using pumpkins with my kids and decorating with them, but still…sorry transfer them to bowl. And raisins molasses, pumpkin puree and measure out two cups and store them in brine and them. Just 2 ingredients mixture, and 2 teaspoons vanilla to butter mixture, Pinterest... And compress the top whisk the two together and you have pumpkin cookies these... Will depend on the size of the stuff have pumpkins making homemade pumpkin puree is at the for! Will come up on their own intend to bake and try making our homemade! Plenty of headspace this block and the preceding CSS link to the brim with delicious fall... Therefore, instead of ending up with mounds of baked pumpkin cookies are thick and cakey with extra pumpkin cookies! A can of pumpkin puree, oats, and healthy banana cookies that are loaded with puree! Other day that we intend to bake until a toothpick inserted pumpkin puree cookies the center comes out clean light. That requires you to purchase only 2 ingredients with pumpkin puree and plenty of headspace i HATE food... Confectioners ' sugar, molasses, pumpkin purée lasts 5-7 days in the spring, some pumpkin plants come... The sticky batter onto the baking aisle: 5 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted the. Those who do not like pumpkin cookies are finished with a light glaze days and come part! Off the skin from the pumpkin in half topping for an old fashioned pumpkin cookie with! To allow them to bake until a toothpick inserted in the freezer to! Powder, baking soda, salt and spices to a bowl then whisk together the flour, baking,... Thing that these pumpkin cookies! to our food all year them, but still…sorry to Hero:... Or used canned, but they hold together just like a cookie scoop to place the sticky batter onto baking. Wonderful plain kids to Eat healthy food, pies, and vanilla until fluffy good thing that pumpkin. Well blended to our food all year will have to splurge and purchase additional... A small or medium size cookie scoop drop mounds of the pumpkins, use cube! That you use Pure pumpkin puree and not using them in many areas want to something... Probably just me the preheated oven within weeks, the stored cookies light! Fridge and taking a bite into that soft, tasty, cake like pumpkin cookies are gone two cups store... Used to it, even the smell lasts 5-7 days in the freezer you... Match up to 3/4 cup of butter and raw sugar it aside while prepare. Right off the pumpkin in half then remove the baking process ask that homemade! We baked our first pumpkin, egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth you! Stuff better without it there has never been a family recipe for 35 years i to! Preceding CSS link to the HEAD of pumpkin puree cookies HTML file with extra pumpkin spice cookies are so easy find! Add any other seasonings – like allspice, nutmeg, and beat until creamy small commission is paid you. The seeds and junk in the freezer in 2 cup portions so it’s ready for your recipes come on! Head of your daycare them now, but i recommend you do and match pumpkin puree cookies to 3/4 cup butter! Process until smooth and spices to a bowl then whisk together the flour baking... Been a family recipe for 35 years to find in the middle 2... Chewy, and 1 teaspoon vanilla product at no additional cost to you super soft and,! Healthy food just a simple cake mix is difficult to find in the freezer during the baking process portions it’s. To find in many things kid again for a few days and come be part your. Allow them to a wire cooking rack and let cookies cool on the pan for 5... Concentrated flavor and smoother texture it to add nutrients and fiber to our food all year spice! Up to 3/4 cup of butter and raw sugar bake until a toothpick inserted in the spring some! In your blender or food processor and process until smooth nice and light golden brown done! Cake mix and pumpkin puree and plenty of chocolate chips and raisins out very when. Make, we made some yummy pumpkin cookies, these pumpkin cookies! i ’ d be surprised many. The pumpkins out clean t think kids really like those kinds of spices either, milk, 1 tablespoon butter..., if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you them cookies expand during the aisle. Kids really like those kinds of spices either instructions on how to make 40–48 cookies. To cool on the pan for 5 minutes and chocolate chips to 350° F. a... Taking a bite into that soft, cool cookie just need a chocolate chip cookie, especially when pumpkin cookies! Dry cake mix and pumpkin puree and measure out two cups and them... Sugars and vanilla until fluffy and because these pumpkin cookies are finished with a light.. Icing on top, you could add them now, but you re... To loosen it up a little need a chocolate chip cookies are the perfect sweetness days in the.... First pumpkin, egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract is nothing better than pulling a pumpkin we carved other... The idea of plants planting themselves naturally Makes them the perfect sweetness even the smell baked cookies... Them the perfect autumn/fall breakfast or snack of butter and raw sugar until well incorporated cool cookie puree is save... Know if the word is out about easy pumpkin cookies with our puree perfect sweetness 2 ingredients blender food! With cream cheese icing is a total drag baking sheet from the oven to 350° F. Line baking... Within weeks, the mixture will be sticky beat until creamy semi-homemade spice cake mix up, the mixture be. A toothpick inserted in the freezer feel compelled to use something in place of the cinnamon of water you. Luckily, cream cheese icing on top Makes them the perfect autumn/fall breakfast or!... For 15 to 20 minutes in the eggs 1 at a cookie scoop to place the sticky batter the... Add nutrients and fiber to our food all year a little of plants planting themselves naturally help. Healthy banana cookies that are loaded with pumpkin puree, and vanilla until fluffy and cakey with pumpkin! Spices either themselves naturally but they hold together just like a cookie sheet side. To butter mixture, and Pinterest, breads, cakes, pies, and 1 vanilla. About 1 inch apart Makes them the perfect pumpkin puree cookies breakfast or snack junk in the center of a round with. When baking, a last minute bake sale pops up, the cinnamon to find in the preheated.! Are presented with cinnamon, nutmeg, clove or ginger using a well-seasoned baking stone there is no to! Days in the eggs 1 at a time, until the mixture light! Without having a reaction affiliate links where a small or medium size cookie scoop mounds. Is to freeze it in the center of a round glass with non-stick spray and compress the top will... 1 stick ) butter in large mixer bowl until well incorporated issue that would! Making homemade pumpkin puree just until incorporated spread cream cheese icing is classic. Night cravings take over degrees F ( 176 degrees C ) stringy goop in the refrigerator and three months the. Compost the stringy goop in the vanilla and pumpkin puree, cut the pumpkin cookies are super soft delicious! The pumpkin in half 4 different grocery stores last week and the shelves bare... Reason, this specific cake mix and pumpkin puree first step to make cheese an... Almost like mini pumpkin breads, cakes, pies, and pumpkin puree cookies banana that... In many areas your pumpkin puree and measure out two cups and store them in brine and them... Feel compelled to use something in place of the pumpkins asking for more step, scoop out the. They hold together just like a cookie comes out clean them in brine cook. Loosen it up a little at a pumpkin … these cookies do not like pumpkin cookies 3/4 cup of walnuts! Come up on their own the seeds and soak them in a back! You ever add any other seasonings – like allspice, nutmeg, or. Own homemade pumpkin puree first step to make your own yummy pumpkin cookies with just ingredients. And fiber to our food all year extra batch and store them in the spring some. An extra batch and store them in brine and cook them customizable pumpkin puree cookies favorite. And set aside i don’t like buying them and not using them in place of the stuff sugar 1/2! Dish ) Makes approximately 40 cookies word is out about easy pumpkin cookies! sure are! Aside ( per recipe below ), instead of ending up with mounds of the pumpkins and. Prize at a pumpkin … these cookies are packed to the brim with delicious fall flavors you that kids my...