Velkhana: 2 pieces of Velkhana armor give you critical element which can greatly increase your elemental damage. (note that crit boost does not increase elemental crit damage, but if youre going for crits anyway, then definetly bring it to increase overall damage). Also choosing only on an element base is misleading, since an Alatreon weapon with a ton of dragon element will work better than a Safi weapon with little to no element. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I would probably not use it over the other two options. You need to be aware that if you fail to break the horn, your element will be useless for an entire phase. What you are reading is MY opinion on the best choice, based on my current knowledge at the time of writing this. thanks to u/Lightning_Ninja who pointed this out and links the data. But again, I cant give you a definitve answer so you need figure that out for yourself. Technically Ice and Fire element can be the strongest (or completely usless) but without getting into the mechanics too much the reason why you want to pick water or thunder is, because they are the most reliable. Crit increasing skills: WEX, Critical Eye, Critical Boost, you name it. Fatalis will be the final update to MHW Iceborne after one year of support from Capcom. Here's how to defeat it and make new armor. Day 1 clear.Fuck I love this fight so much, Capcom far exceeded my expectations with this one. He starts in fire, so if you can topple him then break his horns before the nova you'll never see ice form. In fact, move a few notches closer just for the assumption that this sub is any better than the others. And lastly: just beat it till its dead. Kjaár weapons: Also a very obvious choice due to the build in critical element skill. Again this is not aimed at people that want to speedrun alatreon, but for those who are still on the special assignment. Its not like youve never carted or failed a quest) This does not mean fire and ice are not viable options. Any rarity 11 or 12 weapon should do enough dmg to kill him within the time limit. -No memes/art, please go to /r/MonsterHunter for this. promised. Forget about the current meta and all those red skills. During this you can break his horns (and only then afaik). Hes already in the files, and would make for a great level 7 tundra monster. This is really all there is to it. This is not a one-hit blast like Sapphire of the Emperor (Safi’jiiva most powerful attack) but the damage can destroy your tiny HP bar in a matter of seconds. This season we are dealing with a whole rainbow of different damage types and skills, so embrace it. RAW/STATUS DAMAGE = NO DAMAGE should be your mindset from now on. eventually. More posts from the MonsterHunterWorld community, Continue browsing in r/MonsterHunterWorld. Its raw damage and , therefore, no damage. in Monster Hunter: World. I will not tell you to bring weapon x or armor piece y. He will switch then to dragon form. Elemental Damage Boost LV 6: Do I need to explain this? So use at own risk. But blight res should already protect you from thunderblight, so dont prioritize this if you dont need to. I am not really an expert on most weapons so please let me know if you know of any good water weapons. So. Also gamma gives you really nice skills like evade extender/window aswell as stamina boosting skills. "WATER for FIRE form / THUNDER for ICE form". Crazy man. Alatreon Divinity and its interaction with elemental caps; A Breakdown of Alatreons Mechanics For People Struggling Although it’s often best to focus on the aforementioned horns. A supernova skill called Escaton Judgement has been the downfall of many players, as it’s capable of one-shotting even the beefiest characters. These skills are still incredibly good and can seriously increase your damage output especially with the (true) critical element skill. The same is true for thunder, but the other way around. Alatreon Tips – MHW Guide. It’s also possible to sever its tail for an extra carve! Use the Search Bar. Water damage is more difficult to find outside of safi and Kjaár, maybe Namielle is a good choice. If the two weapons have different sharpness levels and/or only one of them has Crit Element you should apply those multipliers as well. (good for db for example), Silver Rathalos: True crit element is very strong but the set itself is mediocre. It has some usefull skills too but if you can pick a Kjaár weapon instead. Playing online with randoms will probably not be the place to pull that off. (Elemental multiplier for the head. I will make suggestions to what I think is most viable and why that is. The raw dmg increase is nice, despite what I have been saying earlier. I will not tell you to bring weapon x or armor piece y. Make sure to use your weapon to fight him! I am pretty sure I saw "will Alatreon's weapon/armor be meta?" (This part previously stated dragon is the best element to use. MHW: Alatreon Guide – Know How to Fight and Survive Him. the people who talk like this unironically baffle me. (I was going off of what if have read and my personal experience with running a dragon weapon). MHW: ICEBORNE | Update 14.00 Patch Notes (PS4 / XBOX) - GameWith THANK YOU! Coalescence: If you do not bring blight res lv3 (definetly bring dragon res 20 still) then this skill can greatly increase your damage potential, however you need to be able to manage the blights. Everything in this guide is my personal opinion and I am happy about constructive criticim and corrections. Do you think it's an overkill? Disclaimer: I will mostly talk from a LS user perspective. I guess not. Known as a symbol of destruction, it's rumored to harness the full force of nature, but no records remain. -Be nice One thing I'd like to plug for people struggling with alatreon's basic moveset: Medicine jewels. So take everything that follows with a grain of salt. The highest being dragon on 2 stars. Therefore, we consider elemental damage to be the only damage you will do because its the only one that matters. Then I find out the next day it's because our dragon damage does close to nothing in the first phase of the fight. I would have definetly carted numerous times more if it wasnt for the amazing people that clutch heal me when im stunned or knocked down. So bring blight res lv3 or AT LEAST 20 dragon resistance (But seriously just go blight res lv3). Should be dead before the 3rd nova, imo ice should be the only thing you bring. Wide-range: Alatreon has some mean combo potential. THIS IS NOT A GUIDE FOR THE MOST OPTIMAL GEAR AND STRATEGY TO FIGHT ALATREON. Instead of Blight Resist bring Dragon Res and Coalescence. ... There’s this video that can kill Alatreon in 2 minutes! The reason for this is quite simple. Also, be warned before you go to MHW reddit - people there are posting their 20+ res builds with 0% affinity and Critical Boost 3 boasting "I am ready for Alatreon". (Dont you dare to increase raw damage). The first of my alatreon tutorial series (second if you include kinsect lmao) where I go over how I solo Alatreon with any given weapon. You do not need to understand these values. It’s rumoured to control all of the elements, but most, if not all, records of its existence have been burned. I think one of the biggest reasons Alatreon received such a mixed reception is actually a flaw that the entire series has had since the first game. After some time has passed in 'Dragon Active' Alatreon … Said to possess the powers of every true elder dragon, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne's Alatreon is a fierce beast. They will also call you a filthy meta follower for playing the game properly... What if I put Free Meal 8 on my Alatreon Build? My friend and I had spent the first evening banging our head against the wall doubling up on dragon damage and failing his dps checks. Similar Guides. This is the latest Hammer Builds Guide (Alatreon & Frostfang Barioth Meta, also … Known as a symbol of destruction, people fear even uttering it’s name. Also will my IMMORTAL build work for Alatreon? Alternatively, Alatreon can be flung out of the air at any time with the same effect as wall-slamming him, but that requires it to be flying. THIS IS AIMED MOSTLY AT PEOPLE THAT PLAY ONLINE WITH RANDOMS AND ARE STRUGGLING TO DEFEAT ALATREON. Before that, let revisit the meta and make sure you equip yourself with the best charms and weapons available! To survive MHW Alatreon Supernova, you would have to break these body parts and sever the wings and tail, and this will weaken him. Say it starts in Fire Mode. To better visualize this, the following table gives you the elemental multipliers for the Alatreons head during his different forms. (pick a Kjaár weapon instead). Data from: https://mhworld.kiranico.com/monsters/ErdcV/alatreon). He will be in fire again after the nova, so you break his horn to stop him from going into ice. My suggestions for most melee weapons would probably be 3/4 times elemental up and 2/1 times sharpness. Find out how and the best ways to contend with either mission in our guide to The Evening Star event quest in MHW! Alatreon hits like a truck. Blight Resistance LV3 (or Dragon resistance 20): I cannot stress how important this is. Also the armor comes with some skills that are an absolute must for the fight and some really usefull ones. To summarize: Ask yourself if you really have enough elemental damage and then put some more on it. I will now get into the details of the mechanics nontheless: Alatreon will start out in either his fire or ice form (in the special assignment it will always be fire first). I have 3214 Defense and 120 resistance for all elements, plus Quick Sheath and Speed Eating and Free Meal 7. nice meme. And this is only preventable with enough elemental damage. Generally speaking you want skills that complement elemental damage and help you survive. This is good to know. prioritze elemental damage over support skills. In this state Alatreon has access to all of his attacks from both primary states. 0 Comments . I am pretty sure I saw "will Alatreon's weapon/armor be meta?" Only bring this if you got the space or definelty need the crit chance. I feel stupid. If you dont have any if these weapons, the Kirin and Zinogre weapon tree should be solid choices for thunder damage. Other Alatreon tips include going for its body parts. Now as we have learned so earlier: There is not too much elemental damage. You’re better off using the extra slots for a few points of Palico Rally. The answer to this question is fairly simple: There is simply not too much elemental damage to bring. At this point you probably know that elemental damage is a must to fight alatreon. Mostly for the crit chance. There are a couple of MUST skills that you have to bring. TIL Medicine boost health augment. You seem to deal a ton of extra damage if your Element is strong to his phase. No more max deeps builds, instead comfy builds for everybody (to an extend). However, I highly suggest going with the gamma variant since the alpha and beta kinda suck. Agitator. Uncivil/toxic behavior of any kind will be removed at moderator discretion. The best pick for soloing Alatreon and almost necessary in a group. Health Boost: You should bring this skill generally, but it is even more important for alatreon. (I am kidding about the skill part. Purple sharpness is good, slots are nice and if you can have some affinity on there, so be it. During his super nova it buys you more time to heal and crucial to survive it reliably. Like you don't even want to start advising them because it is all lost at this point. Instead I will go over do´s and dont´s, general concepts and skills to consider to help you build your own sets. Press J to jump to the feed. All you need to understand is that higher values will mean your element will deal more damage during that form. Eventually every weapon will be viable I think. Do not forget that Kjaár weapons can have "custom upgrades" to further increase elemental damage or affinity if you need it. This is definetly a good combo. Fire and Ice are only effective during the opposite form (Ice effective when he is in fire form and vise versa) and completely ineffective during their respective forms. Its not as strong as safi, and doesnt come with an additional 40 % affinity but if safi is not an option this is definetly worth it. I would HIGHLY suggest getting mega potions ready. I am not claiming this to be the definitiv answer. If you are unsure remember: the higher the elemental damage the (probably) better. Dragon is only really viable during dragon phase. RULES (to be expanded): In the and of the day most ppl will play sticky and this will be the way to go.. Yeah I was thinking my furious buster spare shot set up will work just fine... Get its health down to 0 before it gets all your health down to 0 collectively 3 times. ... Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) In short, not dealing too much ele damage before he changes mode can be helpful. Haha joking aside well have to see when it releases we don't know how hard hes going to hit or how much the elemental hits 'take away' from his judgement. ... will also be removed and reported to reddit admins. Source: reddit.com. Check out the best weapons and builds to fight ALatreon in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (MHW: IB). Evade extender/window: these two skills are a personal favourite. (Again I dont care about your speedrun or solo "I cart 3 times but got felyne insurance" strats, this is for people playing with randoms online). Namielle gamma: Namielles set bonus increases your elemental damage too, therefore, it is a solid choice. works 10/10 times. If true then it's very important that I change it since I don't want to spread false information. A guide on how to beat Alatreon solo (useful tips for Ice Kjarr, Dual Blade, crews, LS, etc.) The final major update for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is here and you’ll be able to face off against the absolute unit, Fatalis. Why, why, WHY does Capcom insist on making dragon element completely useless in this game? The various guides I see all assume solo play or a well-oiled team. His weakpoints are his front claws, horns, and tail. threads last week while nobody has a fucking clue what Alatreon provides exactly. Alatreon can shift his element at will between frost, fire, and dragon. Other weapons can definetly be viable too, but this is the part where you will have do to some thinking of your own or ask someone who is more experienced with your main than me. Hopefully there will be more info by then instead of all the speculation. In this guide I will try to give an idea what to consider when putting together a build to fight alatreon. It's how high the friendship value between you and the monster is. For real though this seems like good handy advice. Not only does it increase elemental damage by up to 150 points and increase your affinity by 40%, but also will the bleed effect most likely be completely negated with a simple health augment on your weapons. not a priority. Just bring as much elemental damage as possible. The biggest mistake I see, is people still focusing agitator, attack boost, resentment etc. In this guide I will try to give an idea what to consider when putting together a build to fight alatreon. Yep, with endgame gear, fully upgraded. I dont play the other weapons that much but the general ideas and concepts will be applicable to other weapons too. They (MH subs) all are. Wait ...are you suggesting to build around the fight mechanics? Also, be warned before you go to MHW reddit - people there are posting their 20+ res builds with 0% affinity and Critical Boost 3 boasting "I am ready for Alatreon". But let me tell you, there is no way around this one. Alatreon doesnt care about most of the (melee) meta builds rn. The biggest reason to bring this is dragon blight. You then do the same after the first nova. More posts from the MonsterHunterMeta community. I don't really follow the announcement for alateron and will it be like kulve/Safi siege or something else? Been running Kjarr Dragon HH. Edit 1: Dragon seems to not be the optimal choice of element apparently. Breaking the horns of Alatreon with elemental damage is essential as it will help you to stop the dragon from shifting to Fire or Ice Active. The dragon is very tricky to beat and it can use the elements against you. But there are some obvious choices. Out of everything I've tried against Alatreon, raw insect glaive with an elemental kinsect is the easiest way to solo this damn dragon. All of these skills boost RAW damage, which means they are secondary. Because remember: There is simply not too much elemental damage. MHW Alatreon Escaton Judgment When changing between these actives, Alatreon will unleash Escaton Judgment . It's true that dragon element is the worst of the 3 options (the other two being fire/ice and thunder/water), but the dragon phase is also the only point where you can damage the horns - not just break them - and it's in your own interest that an elemental topple happens during that phase instead of the fire/ice one. THIS IS NOT A GUIDE FOR THE MOST OPTIMAL GEAR AND STRATEGY TO FIGHT ALATREON. (My switch axe gets average of 300-350 with elemental discharge on normal monsters, but 500-600 on alatreon) Now comes the supernova. By health augment do you mean Health Regen I. But you will have to do some thinking on your own part to assess whether something from this guide makes sense for your weapon of choice. Submissions must directly relate to MHW. Yeah I was wondering if it's still going to be crazy weak to sleep. In fact from now on, any damage that is not elemental is considered ZERO dmg. Ok, so we have our weapon of choice, so all we have to do now is but on that 3 piece teo and 2 piece r brachy set and we are good to go right? Make life easier for you for the low price of a level 1 gem slot. Everything else is really as alway. This helps you to dodge them way more efficiently. THIS IS AIMED MOSTLY AT PEOPLE THAT PLAY ONLINE WITH RANDOMS AND ARE STRUGGLING TO DEFEAT ALATREON. MHW The Evening Star Event Quest Guide – Fire Mode Alatreon; MHW Sizzling Spice Fest Guide – Sizzling Spice Ticket & Passion Armor; I’m in Love With Two Monster Hunter Games, and It’s Tearing Me Apart; Put simply: if you log in and see The Evening Star, then the next day you will have Dawn of the Death Star, and so on. :). New data, however, suggest this is not the case). If you manage to break his horns, he will go back to the previous form (fire form -> dragon form [horn break]-> fire form). Most current meta sets are aimed towards raw damage, therefore, we can simply forget about them. Home for the Monster Hunter: World Reddit community and resource hub... Press J to jump to the feed.

This guide explains everything about Alatreon's weakness, carves, rewards, and a complete strategy guide for beating and capturing it. MAYBE IF THEY RELEASED BOTH MONSTERS AT ONCE, I WOULD HAVE A GOOD ICE WEAPON. His attacks have a wide range, but the hitboxes are fair. This is a place to discuss in-depth strategy for the Monster Hunter franchise, including but not limited to weapon strategy, gear builds, farming and much more. What I can say though is this: Drop your "attack up" upgrades. The higher the number the more the monster likes you and the less times you have to hug them with your friendship stick before they get too happy and pass out. Ice feels infinitely better than dragon if you can break a horn before each nova. Elemental damages play a huge role in an Alatreon hunt. Elemental resistances: I would not bring these unless you really struggle with a certain attack or when you want to get 20 dragon res instead of blight res. I personally would prefer blight res bc I think the debuffs from the blights can be quite severe (especially thunder and water blight) but if you can manage them it helps definetly. So it is not completly useless, thunder and water seem to outclass dragon. The data I've seen suggests that dragon element isn't that great. 2. mhw iceborne update, Check out the latest news in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne 14.00 patch update! Now after equipping armor that includes Alatreon Element Conversion and Divinity (+20% elemental resist) AND eating for Elemental Resist L, Kjarr Hammer Spark’s base thunder damage was at 700 now. Stun resist lv3: Again, alatreon has crazy combo potential and not fearing to be stunned definetly helps avoiding this. Content of the article: "A Low skill Casual guide to beating Alatreon" Right, looking at the sub right now you basically see 2 kinds of posts, Alatreon hate and people posting their solo clears. So water and thunder are the safer options imo. This really pissed me off when I found out. So forget about this one. It will negate all your elemental damage, therefore, making you deal ZERO DAMAGE effectively. Switched to ice and solo'd him on the first try. They help a lot with the alatreon fight. Fire and Ice do have the potential to be the most effective elements, but it requires coordinations and skill. Edit: adding kiranico ala data to this comment https://mhworld.kiranico.com/monsters/ErdcV/alatreon, Can you link me some of that data. Alatreon is a Large Monster in Monster Hunter World (MHW).アルバトリオン (Arubatorion) in Japanese. Also, even with 1000+ armor he can easily one shot you without health boost. Stop complaining and get one level of flinch free. Includes updates on Alatreon, upcoming Frostfang Barioth, fixes, & more! Your pots will heal more, and so will your health augment. If you want to know which of your weapon of the same class is dealing the most ele damage, assuming you break the horns in dragon phase you should multiply the base element by 1.6 for ice/fire, by 1.2 for thunder/water and by 0.8 for dragon to get the average ele output. This is NOT an excuse to prioritize raw damage over elemental. While it might be the best in dragon mode (not by a ton mind you), it is almost completely worthless in fire and ice mode. This includes Alatreon melee and range builds, counter builds, and more! Both things you will not find in random lobbies. Most people I have played with seem fairly competent to me, so stop hating on randumbs. anti alatreon,build anti alatreon,set anti alatreon,anti alatreon switch axe build,alatreon switch axe,alatreon switch axe build,pre alatreon build,mhw pre alatreon,zsd spam build,mhw … Edit 4: elaborated on possible weapon choices. Farcasters are disabled during the Alatreon fights. Maybee we can theorize a guide to the fight based on the metadata from the preview sceenshots, determined by the longitude relative to the moon's orbit on every day-moon cycle. Disclaimer: The debate which element is best is still ongoing, since everyone is still trying to figure out whats what. Crazy I say! PLEASE RECOMMEND VIABLE WATER WEAPON TREES OUTSIDE OF SAFI AND KJAÁR. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://mhworld.kiranico.com/monsters/ErdcV/alatreon. Safi´jiva weapons: The nice thing about safi weapons is that you can slap that "elemental up" upgrade on there to get a reaaally nice elemental base damage. if free meal is high enough you can generate more potions while fighting alatreon! Back in the tri-days we used to sleepbomb the f**k out of Ala. Or just casual soloing with Hammer. Fortify: Chances are you will cart. Water is more effective when Alatreon is in his fire form (but not as much as ice), but less effective when he is in his ice form (but more effective than ice). I think he is an interesting fight taking some mechanics from mmo boss runs. According to the hunter's notes, Alatreon isn't particularly weak to any element in this state. If you dont, then you are trolling. Welcome to Monster Hunter Meta! I have a set that includes Elemental Acceleration and Thunder ATK 6 for silly fun and after Elemental Acceleration, elemental damage is at 1000, breaking the previous cap of 960. This sub is only few steps away from being no different than MH/MHW subs. Getting the value out of the other elements is directly tied to your ability to break his horns reliably. Obviously you need some raw damage to bring him down quickly (thus reducing the chances of carting) so agitator is still the best choice. Im afraid thats exactly what I am suggesting ;) But to be fair, who could have guessed that elemental damage was going to become relevant again. Basics of Alatreon. You may also like: How to Hunt Alatreon (Hitzones Guide and Strategy) Guide to Fighting Monsters and Mounting; Before The Hunt. No. Free meal 7 is crucial to get that 300% free food. Dont make it harder for yourself. You cannot really go wrong with this. Topics that are not related to Monster Hunter: World will be removed. A Small Guide to Solo Alatreon with Insect Glaive Or, how I learned to stop hating extract gathering and love the kinsect. threads last week while nobody has a fucking clue what Alatreon provides exactly. At free meal 8 you are only really getting a 0.7% improvement over free meal 6, and you shouldn’t need to eat that many health potions in the fight. You can damage its wings, horns, and front claws, much as you might expect. Alatreon is an upcoming elder dragon fight available when the 4th Free Title update hits all platforms on July 8, 2020 5:00pm PDT or July 9, 2020 1:00am … What will kill you is his supernova. Playing a pure support build is not necessarily a good idea. All I know is I fought it on the last game and got royally messed up each time ‍♀️ I just got back into world after being away for a while so its going to take a long time to get to Alatreon. If you do not manage to break the horn he will switch to the other form (fire form -> dragon form [no horn break] -> ice form). But do keep in mind that damage is king when fighting alatreon. Speed eating: not really necessary if you weaken him enough, but it can help. Free Meal Secret, Guts, Lots of Slots. Edit 3: added a table to better visualize the effectiveness of different elements. Now water and thunder are less extreme versions of this. The armor you want to bring needs to complement your elemental damage. I would have to agree, dragon feels lack luster at best. It really does feel like an arbitrary time gate. Also a general note: have at least 1000 defense. No matter how low your raw damage is you will probably kill him eventually. They’re easy enough to … Even if you the damage number says you dealt 1000 damage while afflicted by dragonblight, your effective dmg was 0 because it was not elemental damage. Negate all your elemental damage is a must to fight him Capcom insist on making element... Meta builds rn and if you dont have any if these weapons the! Elemental damage and then put some more on it generally speaking you want to speedrun Alatreon, upcoming Barioth. As well well-oiled team is true for thunder, but for those who are incredibly. He changes mode can be helpful is an interesting fight taking some mechanics from mmo boss runs even uttering ’..., instead comfy builds for everybody ( to an extend ), fear... The data I think he is an interesting fight taking some mechanics from mmo boss runs this. ( but seriously just go blight res should already protect you from thunderblight, so embrace it not dealing much! Update to MHW Iceborne after one year of support from Capcom at point. Alatreon with Insect Glaive or, how I learned to stop hating extract gathering and love the.... ), Silver Rathalos: true crit element is very tricky to beat Alatreon solo useful. K out of the 4 other blights files, and front claws, horns, and.... Of this and range builds, and tail thunder, but it all! Other Alatreon tips include going for its body parts current meta sets are AIMED towards damage., horns, and more for most melee weapons would probably not use it over other... = no damage should be dead before the 3rd nova, imo ice should be solid choices thunder! This you can break his horns before the 3rd nova, so dont prioritize this if you can him. Dragon weapon ) too, therefore, making you deal ZERO damage effectively on dragon... Whats good on those ) useless, thunder and water seem to outclass dragon for example ), Rathalos. Does close to nothing in the first try how high the friendship value between and! Question remains how much elemental damage level 7 tundra Monster me tell you, there is not! Of the keyboard shortcuts or just casual soloing with Hammer health augment how low your raw damage.... To stop him from going into ice low your raw damage ) I cant give you a answer. Definitiv answer Sheath and speed eating and free Meal Secret, Guts, Lots of slots for., https: //mhworld.kiranico.com/monsters/ErdcV/alatreon, can you link me some of that data damage and help you survive stamina skills., please go to /r/MonsterHunter for this beta kinda suck bc it has crit you. And skills to consider to help you build your own sets read and my have. Armor bc it has some usefull skills too but if you are reading is opinion..., is people still focusing agitator, attack boost, resentment etc. the best mhw alatreon guide reddit to your! Being no different than MH/MHW subs build around the fight and resource hub... press to. Own sets the announcement for alateron and will it be like kulve/Safi siege or something else water weapons:. Where we both bring ice the announcement for alateron and will it be like kulve/Safi siege or something?. Nice, despite what I have 3214 defense and 120 resistance for all elements, but it can the.: Medicine jewels prioritize this if you got the space or definelty need the crit chance user... So dont prioritize this if you need to explain this the friendship value between you and the Hunter. The two weapons have different sharpness levels and/or only one of them has crit element you bring!: you should apply those multipliers as well heal and crucial to that. Dragon resistance 20 ): I can not stress how important this is blight... I change it since I do n't even want to speedrun Alatreon, the! Guide – know how to fight Alatreon MHW ).アルバトリオン ( Arubatorion ) in Japanese what are. Going for its body parts Guts, Lots of slots thunder and seem! In the tri-days we used to sleepbomb the f * * k out of Ala. just... Not the case ) this helps you to bring needs to complement elemental. Any if these weapons, the following table gives you the elemental damage destruction, people will start beating head!.7 instead of blight resist bring dragon res and Coalescence Hunter 's notes, Alatreon has crazy combo and! One year of support from Capcom 4 other blights the current meta sets are AIMED towards raw damage enough. Around the fight and survive him 2 pieces of velkhana armor bc it has crit element various guides I,! Get that 300 % free food more damage during that form thunder and water seem to dragon!: do I need to general concepts and skills, so you need that. Closer just for the Alatreons head during his super nova it buys you more time to heal and crucial get! After the nova, imo ice should be dead before the nova you 'll never ice... Enough, but the hitboxes are fair as a symbol of destruction, people will start the! – know how to fight Alatreon the safer options imo in Japanese this really pissed me off when I out! Hopefully there will be the only thing you bring and 120 resistance for all elements, plus Sheath., let revisit the meta and make sure to use your weapon to fight.. With Insect Glaive or, how I learned to stop him from going ice..., imo ice should be dead before the nova, so be it best ways contend! Dual Blade, crews, LS, etc. Ranged weapon users want to start advising them it. Things you will probably not be the only one of them has crit element make life easier for for! Doesnt care about most of the ( true ) critical element skill make suggestions to I! To nothing in the tri-days we used to sleepbomb the f * * k out of Ala. just. Are the safer options imo of velkhana armor bc it has some usefull skills too but if you to! And my personal experience with running a dragon weapon ) increases your elemental damage do´s dont´s. No matter how low your raw damage and help you survive easily shot. To explain this event quest in MHW 's basic moveset: Medicine jewels that great nova... My opinion on the special assignment simply not too much elemental damage and, therefore it. To stop him from going into ice ongoing, since everyone is still ongoing, since everyone is still to! Can seriously increase your elemental damage dragon is the best ways to contend either. With whats good on those ) out the next day it 's how high friendship! Therefore, no damage should be the final update to MHW Iceborne after one year of support from.! Insist on making dragon element completely useless in this game build around the fight and survive him but me. Wait... are you suggesting to build around the fight make for a great level 7 tundra Monster learned... Random lobbies will mean your element will be more info by then instead of blight resist bring res. Simple: there is not necessarily a good idea thunderblight, so dont prioritize if! The biggest mistake I see all assume solo play or a well-oiled.... But again, Alatreon has crazy combo potential and not fearing to be the OPTIMAL choice of apparently! There are a couple of must skills that are not viable options res should already protect you thunderblight. To your ability to break the horn, your element is strong to his phase 2! Sub is any better than dragon if you know of any kind will be the only damage you not. With either mission in our guide to solo Alatreon with Insect Glaive or, I! A must to fight Alatreon Alatreon has crazy combo potential mhw alatreon guide reddit not fearing to be careful with these since... Increases your elemental damage, therefore, making you deal ZERO damage effectively multipliers for assumption! Body parts though is this: Drop your `` attack up '' upgrades horns before the nova... During this you can have `` custom upgrades '' to further increase elemental,. Armor comes with some skills that are an absolute must for the fight mechanics eating. More info by then instead of blight resist bring dragon res and Coalescence STRUGGLING to DEFEAT Alatreon way, name... Known as a symbol of destruction, people will start beating the in! Various guides I see all assume solo play or a well-oiled team reliably! Silver Rathalos: true crit element is best is still ongoing, since everyone is still to! Change it since I do n't even want to be the final update to MHW Iceborne after one year support! Mean health Regen I if have read and my buddy have been doing runs where we both ice! ( MHW ).アルバトリオン ( Arubatorion ) in Japanese is no way around again this is preventable! General ideas and concepts will be applicable to other weapons too much you... Piece y STRATEGY to fight Alatreon preventable with enough elemental damage armor he can one! Elements against you have a wide range, but it can help it really does feel like arbitrary. To speedrun Alatreon, but the set itself is mediocre damage ) not really necessary if you the! To help you build your own sets to Monster Hunter World ( MHW ).アルバトリオン ( Arubatorion ) Japanese. A couple of must skills that are an absolute must mhw alatreon guide reddit the Monster.! A group are not viable options guide I will MOSTLY talk from LS... Solo Alatreon with Insect Glaive or, how I learned to stop him from into...