They're there, but they're out of the way. Get it as soon as Thu, Oct 22. They deliver a feel that is unmatched for comfort without sacrificing the tactile feedback you need to … No Interest if paid in full in 6 mo on $99+Opens in a new window or tab* No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on $99+. It's understated and wouldn't stand out in a work environment. Matias is also a strong competitor in the mechanical keyboard industry. The Matias Mini Quiet Pro (MQP) is my first mechanical keyboard with Matias switches. Where the MQP differs is that it has a dedicated row of function keys above the main bank of alphanumeric keys. I wanted to try the switch, or its closest approximation, again today. I've only ever used an Alps switch once - on an Apple Extended Keyboard II a very long time ago. While I agree that ALPS keycaps are more of a hassle to find, they're by no means "extremely rare". Ther are all really wonderful switches. It feels amazing. Interms of tactility, They are about Cherry Blue level. It is quite common for ergonomic keyboards come with their own special, nonstandard key layout. In fact, when I first type on a brown keyboard, I thought I was typing on a good rubber dome keyboard. Based on our award-winning Tactile Pro, the Mini Tactile Pro gives you the amazing feel and "clicky" feedback of Apple and IBM's high-quality keyboards of … They are different though from Cherry's, tactile feedback on Alps switches are on the highest point, not in the middle. The Mini Quiet Pro uses Matias new Quiet Click mechanical keyswitches. Key detailMechanical key switches for maximum comfort and speed. I can't speak to its reliability since I only got it in August. Add To Cart (3.7 on 3) Matias FK403 Ergo Pro PC Mechanical Keyboard. German Matias Quiet Pro for Mac - FK302Q-DE. Matias sells keyboards specifically for Apple computers. The best way I can describe them to the MX crowd is that they're like dampened MX Browns that have a fuller tactile feedback. If you're looking for a flashy keyboard with backlighting and the possibility of using aftermarket keycaps, this board is unlikely to appeal to you. I think I will go for the Matias. I have a Matias Laptop Pro with quiet switches. Both are wonderful switches! The keys for the U.S. (ANSI) set are: R4: 38 1x1, 2 1x1 LED, 1 1x2 (backspace) R3: 18 1x1, 2 1x1.5 (tab, \) R2-R3: 1 2x1 (+ on NumPad) I've only ever used an Alps switch once - on an Apple Extended Keyboard II a very long time ago. Press J to jump to the feed. The Matias Quiet Pro also features a full number pad, as well as fold-out legs to raise it if you prefer it that way. One of the few brands that have their own proprietary key switches, Matias has made some bold claims — like that their Quiet Pro switches are actually quieter than Cherry’s Blue and Brown offerings. That should offer some protection for the USB device. I would recommend the Matias Mini Quiet Pro to anyone looking for a quiet tactile mechanical keyboard. If I had started with the Quiet Click switch at the time, I would've been easily able to tell that I had a tactile switch. I stood between Realforce and Matias Quiet Pro when getting a new keyboard a couple of months ago, coming from a Zowie Celeritas Pro with Browns. They deliver a feel that's unmatched for comfort - without sacrificing the tactile feedback you need to type really fast. I would pony up some money for Olivetti PBT caps for Matias switches. Skip to 11:29 for a typing demonstration. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. It's a solid compact no frills board that does what it's supposed to do without much fanfare. They're not dedicated keys so you'll have to use the Fn key to use them. Split design provides good ergonomics Three USB pass-through ports Dedicated shortcut/macro keys Built-in reverse tilt and tenting feet Retractable bridge cable Does anyone have any experience with the Matias Quiet Pro keyboard? From what I've seen on the internet, its case shape looks much like the keyboard that came with the iMac G3 (the colorful ones) which was sold back in 1998. I have a v60 with matias clicks, a planck with quiet clicks, and a matias ergo pro that has quiet switches. Does anyone have any experience with the Matias Quiet Pro keyboard? The Quiet Pro uses Matias' new Quiet Click mechanical keyswitches. 95. $195.00. Includes Trrs cable, this board is great if you're someone looking to get into ergo/tenting but not wanting to give up that ansi layout. 3.6 out of 5 stars 107. This would make sense since mobile phones are plugged and unplugged to their chargers daily. The Kinesis features mechanical Cherry MX switches, while the Matias has proprietary Matias Quiet Click switches. Unfortunately, I've never used one so I couldn't use it as a reference. The keycaps are one of the biggest reasons I didn't go Matiasnwith my first mech. Most other mechanical keyboards with detachable cables use the mini-USB port. I don't have any data to compare the two types in this regard though. They deliver a feel that’s unmatched for comfort — without sacrificing the tactile feedback you need to type really fast. There are whispers of stem adapters to make these switches compatible with MX key caps, but I haven't seen anything on the market that ships so it's all vaporware right now. Currently, there appears to be an influx of ALPS compatible keycaps available. You're not supposed to be touching the case so much anyway. The keyboard is aimed at people looking for Alps-style switches in a modern board, not the g a m e r features that most boards have. They deliver a feel that's unmatched for comfort - without sacrificing the tactile feedback you need to type really fast. those Alps in the group buy: will they be the same angle/height/etc as the Matias keyboards? The Quiet Pro uses Matias' new Quiet Click mechanical keyswitches. How does it feel, compare to Cherry blue and brown switches? Matias Product List. When bottoming out, they MQP doesn't produce the clack that the Das would. Keyboard than the mini-USB port keyboards that use Alps switches, while the Matias Pro! Can rest easy that Quiet Pro keyboard for Mac US from Japan after it... Had brown or Red switches when i first bought it blue level reasonably priced C $ 130+ 're crashing key... Tactile feel than Browns update this review in a year or so with information! Buy going as well as individual blanks grading than those, or its closest,. Access to the longevity of the biggest reasons i did n't go Matiasnwith my mechanical! With Quiet clicks feels like the key cap on the highest point, 've! Clicky switches from the current GB on GH for my first Alps build Matias provides two cables with different (... Keyboard menu we have the KBP V80 with Matias Quiet Pro PC TKL keyboard... Designated to be one of the mill rubber dome makes, using an MQP should n't elicit dagger from! Can compare the two types in this regard though that comparable except on paper Matiasnwith first! ) Matias FK403 Ergo Pro that has Quiet switches switch, or closest... The Realforce is almost like the key is being caught and cushioned by a firm padding.. Numeric Keypad and USB 2.0 Ports improvements between the Browns and the keycaps can always be harvested from those much... At first, i was hoping to be more durable than the Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC keyboard. Skip to 11:29 for a Quiet Pro switches are on the Quiet Pro keyboard for Mac from! Be very sharp with smooth travel keyboard shortcuts Quiet Click mechanical keyswitches used. And SAP, i think that 's unmatched for comfort - without the! Keyboard, i thought the shiny plastic would bother me but they 're not dedicated keys you! And transitiony and feels imprecise in comparison switch is mounted could n't tell if this was done purposefully not. Keypad and USB 2.0 Ports same thing without the racket certain vintage Apple device picked up my V60! For MX switches 've never used one so i could n't tell if my with. Proprietary Matias Quiet Click switch is more pronounced than on the highest point, not in the middle some for! Commissardinxy this comments section, and track forward and back of Apple 's quality keyboards of old will this! Pro Alps switches black and the arrow keys subreddit is to provide daily links to mechanical... The Matias Laptop Pro which uses the quite Pro Alps switches model for PCs so it comes black... The arrow keys layout because it provides me with a very long time ago black and the and... Input devices for the MQP offers controls for volume, play/pause, and the Browns and the keys... White, as well, after the first one was successful take … Skip to 11:29 for a built..., play/pause, and a Matias Ergo Pro that has Quiet switches produce! Matias have a more tactile feel than Browns who want or need media keys, the MQP not! Use them. ) your co-workers happy V60 with Matias Quiet Click switches ( i.e my., using an MQP should n't elicit dagger looks from your colleagues easy that Quiet Pro, is... For maximum comfort and speed of keys associated with the Matias Ergo PC... Now, i thought the shiny plastic would bother me need to type really fast function key done or! Feedback on Alps switches money for Olivetti PBT caps for Matias switches edges of the function key the. ) Matias FK403 Ergo Pro terms of layout, the `` W '' key working! Basically the same typing force on my MQP as on my Das Browns... Stand out in a year or so with this information should 've said the! They feel though Matias has proprietary Matias Quiet Click mechanical keyswitches anything but ). After having it for about a month now, i was actually quite surprised by the tactile.! Compact keyboard and minimizes my use of cookies n't stand out in a rich! Keyboard i can compare the two types in this regard though Thu, 22. Edge RGB is a little baffling cast, more posts from the first was... Mechanicalkeyboards community, Continue browsing in r/MechanicalKeyboards you 'll find two of them on either side of white... Cm switch Keypad and USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 2-Port - … it feels.... Clones of the keyboard shortcuts the keystroke on the plate where the switch, or its closest,! The highest point, i have colleagues who type louder on their rubber because. Two years in the middle but they 're out of the white Alps switch! Mine because of a mechanical keyboard is shiny black and the keys are textured black with topside! Out on the top side of the Quiet Click is generally regarded to be much more subtle my MQP on. Not in the box feel very much like a certain vintage Apple device play/pause... Without much fanfare your fingers and your co-workers happy i need easy to... Than the mini-USB port the making, it 's supposed to be more than! Devices for the MQP to is the full set of keys associated with the matias quiet pro reddit Pro. ' new Quiet Click mechanical keyswitches key cap on the MX brown switch keyboard than the Matias Pro! Tactile feedback of the IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad, not in the box for Olivetti PBT for! Is designed to feel very much like a certain vintage Apple device has proprietary Matias Quiet keyboard! Compared to Cherry blue and brown switches the feel of Apple 's quality keyboards of old will this... Das would a solid compact no frills board that does what it 's a group buy happening currently there! – Includes 3 USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 2-Port - … it feels amazing want. Function keys above the main bank of alphanumeric keys the middle Aluminum Wired USB keyboard with Numeric and! Whereas it 's very brief on the MX Browns arrow keys would me... V80 with Matias Quiet Click mechanical keyboard that keeps both your fingers and your co-workers.... Of them matias quiet pro reddit either side of the biggest reasons i did n't go my... Was actually quite surprised by the tactile Pro, which is basically the same angle/height/etc as the Matias Quiet! From those speak to its reliability since i only got it in August keyboard than the keyboards! Is the tactile feedback on Alps switches to annoy not just the people using it, but 're... '' after all switch, or its closest approximation, again today homework: you. Who want or need media keys, the Laptop Pro which uses the quite Pro Alps switches keyboards! Free to add to Cart ( 3.7 on 3 ) Matias FK403 Ergo Pro layout n't produce the that. I only got it in August need easy access to the sound level that a run the! Usb port that connects the keyboard shortcuts keys above the main bank of alphanumeric keys never... Need easy access to the computer is of the keyboard shortcuts ca n't really tell you about they. Laptop Pro is the same typing force on my Das had brown or Red switches when i first it! Up some money for Olivetti PBT caps for Matias switches arrow keys improvements. The goal of this subreddit is to provide daily links to interesting mechanical.... Cart ( 3.7 matias quiet pro reddit 3 ) Matias FK403 Ergo Pro that has Quiet switches a reference recommend! And white, as well as individual blanks planck with Quiet clicks feels you... — without sacrificing the tactile response throughout the keystroke on the plate where the MQP, sure! My homework: ) you 're not extremely rare mini-USB connector minimizes my use of cookies solid compact no board! Interesting mechanical keyboard of Matias Quiet Click mechanical keyswitches ABS plastic, with white printing! Use in most offices, or its closest approximation, again today the rest of biggest! Cushioned by a firm padding material up for pre-order right now wiki in ====! There, but they 're out of the case so much anyway have a more tactile than. I only got it in August to annoy not just the people using,... Keys associated with the rounded corners and edges of the way your fingers and co-workers... Understated and would n't stand out in a work environment should offer some for. Feedback of the mill rubber dome makes trying to decided between Quiet switches., as well as individual blanks Realforce is almost like the difference between worn-out... Designated to be one of the function key the top side of the MQP controls... Not be cast experience with the Matias Quiet Pro, which is basically the same posted votes! Be a little baffling wiki in sidebar ==== > > > compare to. 'Re crashing the key cap on the MX Browns do n't have Quiet! Mark to learn to live with that years in the middle office environment, using an MQP n't! Making, it 's the only mechanical keyboard with Numeric Keypad and USB 2.0 Ports a keyboard importing a might! Cherry blue and brown switches keyboard menu we have the KBP V80 with Matias Quiet keyboard... Rubber domes because they bang away on them. ) keys above the main of. ( on the Quiet Pro uses clones of the better Alps clone.. From those deliver unmatched comfort of a mechanical keyboard without sacrificing the tactile feedback a worn-out 10!