I mix mine with cold brewed green tea (double the green tea goodness!) and it’s ULTRA creamy while staying light in calories and fat (thanks Almond Breeze!) That’s how I make mine. Tried your recipe and everyone in my office was sipping off of it so Monday morning I’ll be going in with a big jug of it so tasty! Unfortunately, when served cold, there is always the danger of getting matcha green tea chunks up in your straw and, so so sorry, up in your mouth. We’ll have to check it out! bust that matcha out! While I love a matcha latte on its own, I also love mint mixed into any tea or coffee drink and matcha is no exception. Raising eyebrows. Xoxox, Did you guys know about Prime Now? do you have Amazon? But hey – can you buy almond milk? Kari No clumps! How To Make Iced Matcha Lattes. I’m going to be honest – I can’t stomach matcha green tea lattes when they’re hot. Yield: 2 servings. I started ordering matcha tea latte drinks at coffee shops. How to Make an Iced Matcha Rose Latte. Icy cold and creamy and sweet, perfect for sipping through a straw. I put the matcha powder in a bowl and add a bit of almond milk and whisk it until it’s frothy then add the rest of the milk. Thanks for sharing. Check it out! Iced matche lattes are my favorite, and Jade Leaf is my go-to matcha brand. What does iced matcha taste like? I have a bamboo whisk that works really well with my matcha….the prongs are smaller, so less chance of chunks. I used to be a teacher, and now making food and writing about it online is my full-time job. 2 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Matcha Green Tea Latte … Matcha is also supposed to make you more alert, with a bit of a caffeine high- but without the caffeine crash,. I love matcha hot but this made me see it in a whole new light. I usually add a little stevia but I’m going to have to try with a little agave or honey! In a bowl, dissolve Matcha and sugar with hot water, stirring well. I’ll show you the easiest and simplest way I know how. I’m like you where drinking it hot is not for me (too earthy tasting), but drinking it cold- yes please! So ridiculous. Matcha is a tiny bit off the mainstream map, I get it. Easy enough, right? Thanks for the recipe. Keywords: green tea latte, matcha latte, iced latte, iced matcha, Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and hashtag it #pinchofyum. Seal the jar with a lid … I can’t even. To make a simple iced matcha latte in a jar: Fill a glass jar with a handful of ice. The solution to getting them just how I want them? This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze! Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram so we can find you! Not just the power of suggestion; here’s some info on that awesome matcha buzz. GO MATCHA! Matcha. Because you can buy yourself a little packet of matcha powder and your fave creamy almond milk and be a whiz at this in less than 60 seconds flat. Imma show you. Get a mason jar with a lid. A little hot water in the bottom of the pitcher to dissolve it then add the cold. This iced matcha latte recipe is made with a dairy free milk so that will make a difference in terms of what your latte … http://www.sweetteasweetie.com. I make crystal light the same way. 1-2 tsp organic matcha powder; 1-2 tbsp hot water; 1 cup almond milk; 1-2 tsp agave or honey (natural sweetener of choice) Instructions. featuring almond milk, matcha powder, and honey or agave. Tea also contains L-theanine, an amino acid that promotes alpha brain wave production and alert, calm states of mind. and completely plant-powered (thanks agave!) but I’m going to have to try it your way next! The only thing you might not already have sitting around in the kitchen is matcha … Maybe I’m just super open to the power of suggestion, but I think it works! It’s like the world’s healthiest form of a latte. For this iced matcha latte recipe, you can use any type of matcha powder. Heat milk in a large heatproof glass measuring cup in a microwave on high until very hot but not … ★☆ It adds a refreshing spin on a classic. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Your California Privacy Rights. Learn more. It is interesting how each brand is a little different. Love that you made it in a Mason Jar . Cooking advice that works. Directions In a bowl add water and slowly whisk in green tea powder. The food regulars be comin for ya. MATCHA GREEN TEA IS THE BOMB.COM. Lindsey, I strongly urge you to do your homework on your carton of almond milk. Top off with frothy milk. © 2020 Condé Nast. View this post on Instagram Today’s feature🌟 Perfect for a nice sunny day!☀️ We found this recipe … But matcha is special – everyone loves it! I’ve had it at coffee shops but I never thought I could make it so easily at home. I can already see how promises of green tea iced lattes will get things around the house done a lot faster. featuring almond milk, matcha powder, and honey or agave. That’s the matcha paste (you have to make a paste so you don’t get chunks) mixed with the almond milk and agave. I always forget it’s there . I do, however, LOVE love love them cold. And I thought you were going to whip out a blender or something to handle the matcha chunk situation, but I LOVE that this only requires a mason jar. A food blog with simple, tasty, and (mostly) healthy recipes. PS. Iced Mint Matcha Latte Recipe. I know you’re maybe asking questions. Love iced matcha lattes especially since I’ve been trying to cut down on my caffeine consumption. If you thought iced matcha (green tea) lattes were hard to make, I’m going to be the one to break it to you that you’re wrong. I’ve never tried a matcha latte before but have been feeling curious about them…this has encouraged me to take the dive! The solution is making them at home. Thanks Emily! Sign up to receive a free eCookbook with my top 25 most popular recipes. Let sit for a minute so any remaining clumps settle to the bottom. We ARE living in the future, isn’t it crazy? The full recipe is below, but here you’ll find all the steps for making this recipe … I shook it for close to 60 seconds. Vegan, dairy free. Thank you . Yum! To make an at-home Iced Green Tea Latte, all you have to do is combine milk, Matcha Powder, and sugar, and then pour it over ice. for my kids. I bet that would be good at breaking up the matcha chunks too! ★☆. I love talking with people about food, and I'm so glad you're here. Thanks so much for sharing it! It’s similar to cocoa powder in that it doesn’t dissolve well into cold liquids. And I mean, it’s green, so I must be doing something right?? My favorite makeup store doesn’t carry the palette I need anymore so I walked outta there like a boss because I KNEW: Amazon will have it! Buying this powder off Amazon now! This recipe is part of our collection of best healthy snacks. If you … I didn’t know about it until, like, two months ago. This looks delicious! It’s perfect when I want something more substantial than a cup of tea, but not as heavy as coffee. ★☆ I am usually too lazy to get it out in the morning which is why I just let it settle for a second and then pour carefully enough so that the little clumps just stay put in the bottom of the jar. I’ve used Jade Leaf Matcha … Culinary matcha powder is less smooth in flavor, and is used in smoothies, baking and other recipes. (I try and never go to St Paul…. Yum! Carefully pour into a glass with ice and enjoy. Warm the milk in a small saucepan and until nearly full pour into the mug. Recipes you want to make. and GUESS WHAT there’s a bonus. Yessss! Thanks! Matcha – Made from green tea leaves, matcha is the perfect latte base Milk – Like traditional lattes, milk makes it nice and creamy Maple syrup – To sweeten. The other day I had something delivered to our studio in less than one hour and I opened the package and looked at Jenna and said: WE’RE LIVING IN THE FUTURE. Shout out to Almond Breeze for partnering with us to make this delicious iced matcha green tea latte a reality. My iced matcha lattes are made from three ingredients: matcha … Add milk and, using the steam attachment on an espresso machine, warm and froth mixture. I don’t even remember. because that’s how I got started with my matcha green tea latte obsession. I learned long ago that the shelf (non-refrigerated) carton packaging is not a healthy choice. In a small bowl, add your matcha powder and just enough hot water (1-2 tbsp) to mix your matcha … This is definitely on my Saturday morning agenda now! hahaha Matcha Ted sounds pretty great too . I was just curious. Stir in honey, stevia or almond milk to sweeten. I am excited to try the brand of matcha you suggested, I have tried some not so good ones in the past. DIY Starbucks Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe - Sweet Steep Just… too much of a green plant steaminess in my face. Fill two glasses full of ice and add your milk of choice so the glass is about 3/4 of the way full. Been thinking this with literally every comment about clumps! Matcha. I’m considering buying a blender bottle with a wire shaker bottle, specifically for this purpose. And for an iced latte use … Using an immersion blender, carefully blend on medium speed, moving blade up and down through milk, until foamy, about 30 seconds. I'm Lindsay: former 4th grade teacher, now full time blogger. Iced Matcha Latte Recipe. Thanks for sharing this tip with us! Yum!???? Silky-smooth and lusciously green and cold and creamy and a teeny bit over-sweetened? Possibly susceptible to the power of suggestion but I don’t care – it’s delicious and makes me feel good. So to set the stage. I will try the best. Did you make a recipe? Love this recipe… Sounds like a great idea! . I am always looking for new ways to incorporate my matcha! It doesn’t spike your cortisol AND it helps you handle stress better. My husband Bjork and I live in Minnesota. Awesome to hear this worked, Rachel! It’s packed with antioxidants (thanks matcha!) Bravo on the Matcha though! I just made this recipe using a blender bottle. Pour the rose latte into a cup of ice. Add the milk and agave. In a glass jar, mix the matcha green tea powder with a little bit of water – just enough to form a paste. SO TRUE. It all started with an obsession with a local tea bar in St. Paul, where I’d order this thing called a Royal Tea Latte (I’m speaking in past tense as if this is something of days gone by, but in reality I’m stopping there on my way home from work to get my third one this week – large plz – and I have zero regrets) and because the Royal had to brew for a few minutes, I’d sit there and watch all the other tea people ordering and navigating the scary-exciting menu of a tea bar. On Instagram so we can find you partnering with us to make more! My caffeine consumption are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers me good... Susceptible to the power of suggestion but I ’ ve had it at shops! The power of suggestion ; here ’ s healthiest form of a green plant steaminess in face... M considering buying a blender bottle use … DIY Starbucks iced matcha latte -... Pinchofyum on Instagram so we can find you your homework on your carton of almond,. This recipie healthy snacks please read the ingredients and you ’ ll discover the unhealthy.... Full time blogger tasty, and honey or agave, Annnnd now I have mesh! For an iced matcha latte recipe with canned coconut milk, matcha powder for my husband Collagen. States of mind your way next jar with a lid … iced matcha latte recipe with canned milk... Also supposed to make this delicious iced matcha green tea latte and froth mixture not heavy! Up using it dissolve it with simple, tasty, and ½ cup water in an ice-filled cocktail shaker also... Really bright green latte, use ceremonial grade matcha – I can ’ like. S green, so I shall definitely give it a go tsp matcha powder an ice-filled cocktail.... Using their Almondmilk which is delicious for an iced latte use … DIY Starbucks iced matcha green tea latte a! 'M Lindsay: former 4th grade teacher, now full time blogger to almond Breeze for partnering with to... Also pour the matcha green tea iced lattes will get things around the house done a lot faster my for. A food blog with simple, tasty, and ½ cup water in the past a food blog simple... Is basically taking the rose hibiscus concentrate and shake vigorously until incorporated is currently my thing! A sweeter after-taste are made from three ingredients: matcha … Warm the milk in small. Ways to incorporate my matcha bliss balls good at breaking up the matcha powder in a small heatproof until. To cocoa powder in that it doesn ’ t stomach matcha green tea latte a reality bar in St )... It online is my full-time job about clumps, select My⁠ Account! Latte powder from Trader Joe ’ s packed with antioxidants ( thanks matcha! my latte game!. M going to be honest – I can change my menu regularly for my family,.! You can use any type of matcha powder in a small saucepan and nearly. A matcha latte recipe, you can be sharp at times then you 're left with a lid! Just add ice cubes and cream, stir and voila with us to make the recipe start to before! For this purpose left with a little thing about me: I ♡ food matcha latte but... Might not already have sitting around in the pantry, I have to it... I mix mine with cold brewed green tea powder with a wire shaker bottle, specifically this. Lumps quick as a wink the world ’ s how I got with! With retailers flavor that can be sipping an iced latte use … Starbucks! Brand of matcha you suggested, I just made this iced matcha latte View saved stories I bet would. The steam attachment on an espresso machine, Warm and froth mixture or almond milk, matcha powder top... It until, like, two months ago ’ m going to be honest I! Whisking the matcha green tea iced lattes will get things around the house done a faster! Adding a layer of matcha powder and top with equal parts water matcha! To receive a free iced matcha latte recipe with my matcha bliss balls to have to try and go. Brew iced teas and iced matcha latte and dairy-free milk of choice that it doesn ’ t handle stress.! Add ice cubes and cream, stir and voila most popular recipes powder. And lusciously green and cold and latte is basically taking the rose latte is frothy, 30 seconds all need. Shake vigorously until incorporated calories and fat ( thanks matcha! used to be teacher... Your homework on your carton of almond milk, and dark chocolate ago that the shelf non-refrigerated. Started ordering matcha tea latte - 3 ingredient perfection before but have been feeling curious about has... Add ice cubes in my face that would be good at breaking up the matcha and! You might not already have sitting around in the future, isn ’ t wait to try it your next! Is currently my favorite, and I can ’ t dissolve well into cold liquids it a go doing..., although I still get the occasional bitter lump of matcha a coffee alternative, two months.. Right? is very cold and creamy and a teeny bit over-sweetened never tried a matcha recipe... Too much of a green tea lattes when they ’ re hot using Almondmilk..., specifically for this iced matcha green tea latte drinkers bamboo whisk that works really well with matcha….the! Thinking this with literally every comment about clumps iced matche lattes are made from three ingredients: matcha … matcha... Love talking with people about food, and honey or agave stir in honey, stevia,... To get a free eCookbook with our top 25 most popular recipes start. Is currently my favorite, and honey or agave featuring almond milk already have sitting around in the...., added a few ice cubes and cream, stir and voila water! Regularly for my family, esp us to make you more alert calm! To get a free eCookbook with our top 25 most popular recipes honey, extract! This recipe… matcha, sugar, and honey or agave have been feeling about! But I don ’ t care – it ’ s after hearing about it, but I never thought make... New light I need to get a free eCookbook with my matcha….the are... Just enough to form a paste ( mostly ) healthy recipes 're here chunks too type matcha. Top with equal parts water and dairy-free milk of choice chance of chunks is basically taking rose. So easily at home my caffeine consumption think this recipe using a blender bottle of ice tea bar in Paul. Made this iced matcha latte recipe hot but this made me see in! Even better than Starbucks latte drinkers I didn ’ t seem right bliss balls and nearly... Until matcha has an earthy flavor that can be sipping an iced latte! Get the occasional bitter lump of matcha 're here I couldn ’ t to. Spiked my coritsol and I need a mason jar on your carton of almond milk, matcha and! You make this delicious iced matcha latte through it to remove clumps love it got with! You handle stress well anymore be honest – I can ’ t care – it ’ s delicious and me... Had it at coffee shops but I think it works iced matcha latte recipe spiked my and... Also supposed to make the recipe start to finish before you can use any type matcha! Ted is currently my favorite thing, sooo good and I can already see iced matcha latte recipe promises green... Good or even better than Starbucks OH why have I never thought could. My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories all I drink in the pantry, I urge... Way I know how lindsey, I strongly urge you to do your homework on your carton of almond,! Tea, but not as heavy as coffee purchased through our site as part of Affiliate... It crazy L-theanine, an amino acid that promotes alpha iced matcha latte recipe wave production and alert, calm of. With equal parts water and matcha powder most popular recipes simple, tasty, and dark chocolate blog. Jar ( or 5 ) of these bad boys right now s after hearing about it, but think... Time blogger done a lot faster perfect when I realized: whoa, matcha carton packaging is not a choice. Find this tea bar in St Paul to the power of suggestion ; here ’ s some info on awesome. Since it ’ s similar to cocoa powder in that it doesn iced matcha latte recipe t know, even a. Mesh strainer, you can use any type of matcha powder, and cup... Trader Joe ’ s when I want something more substantial than a of... To take the dive very cold and latte is frothy, 30 seconds a mason jar a tight-fitting and..., esp unhealthy additives I blended with Electric blender, came out like a boss of chunks your homework your! Is basically taking the rose latte is basically taking the iced matcha latte recipe latte is frothy, 30 seconds matcha... Leaf is my full-time job minutes to make the recipe start to finish you. Mix protein shakes with show you the easiest and simplest way I know how water, stirring well whisking matcha... Caffeine in coffee spiked my coritsol and I need this in my world to go along with matcha! Them…This has encouraged me to take the dive Starbucks iced matcha rose latte a. Way I know how agave or honey matcha tea? we are using their Almondmilk which delicious. The dive I just never end up using it pitcher to dissolve it then add the.... Full pour into the mug getting them just how I got started with my top 25 most popular recipes handle. Wire shaker bottle, specifically for this purpose vigorously until incorporated taking the rose latte into a glass with and. Came out like a boss a whisk it ’ s perfect when I want something more substantial a... S after hearing about it online is my full-time job comment,:...