Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake, makes one small, loaf-size cake. On low speed, add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the Greek yogurt. I had a beautiful natural honey from a local beekeeper infused with star anise and cinnamon, and the fantastic flavours really come through in the cake! ¾ cup vegetable oil. Swap it out 1:1; it has a similar tang and texture. Beat until you have a gloriously shiny, fragrant batter. Deselect All. Unlike other semolina cakes that are dense, such as Basbousa for example, this one is very very soft and airy. You likely wash your hands several times a day, but are you doing so effectively? Yogurt: You can use any whole milk yogurt for this cake if you don’t like greek yogurt.Try flavored yogurt like chocolate, coffee, or vanilla yogurt too! Thanks! 1 cup plain whole-milk Add in the flour, baking powder, salt, and stir until just combined; be sure not overmix. I don’t recommend using fat-free sour cream. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease and flour (or spray with a nonstick spray like Baker’s Joy that has flour in it) a 12-cup bundt pan. Add half a pot of oil, your vanilla and your eggs. Also Try This Vegan Lemon Bread Set aside. 'Tis the season to enjoy (and gift!) 1 cup FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Slice and serve with orange supremes and walnuts. A loaf or cake tin. I swapped out the extracts for lemon flavor….I wanted a lemon pound cake that I could top with a berry compote and this turned out wonderfully. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/french-yogurt-cake-395471 4.7/5 would make again. A big fat Greek yogurt bundt cake. ½ tsp baking soda. So easy and so good! I tested this cake with nonfat and low fat Greek yogurt, regular yogurt, and sour cream– all were excellent. Whether you're looking for a warm winter breakfast, or an addition to holiday brunch, Greek yogurt coffee cake is best served straight from the oven! From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all summer long. Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Beat in vanilla extract. By how much did you reduce the sugar? As written this recipe is perfect. Your cake recipe already calls for sugar, so reaching for vanilla Greek yogurt will probably make it sweeter than you’re expecting (although it still can be good!). The best apple cake recipe you'll ever try! Greek Yogurt Cake With Orange And Olive Oil My Little Italian Kitchen granulated sugar, olive oil, eggs, self-raising flour, milk, greek yogurt and 2 more Lemon Blueberry Olive Oil Greek Yogurt Cake The Richmond Avenue kosher salt, eggs, flour, lemon juice, plain … First, let me couch my review by saying I made a couple alterations based on what I had on hand. If you’ve tried this Greek yogurt pound cake recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. We like to … It really tuned out well. In a large bowl, beat yogurt, butter, and sugar together until well-combined. A pot of creamy Greek yogurt is a versatile ingredient that can be used to make dips, sauces, bakes and desserts. However, all-purpose flour certainly works. Protein-packed Greek yogurt cheesecake is nutritious and filling, with a creamy custard texture that makes it more like a cheese pie than cheese cake. All Rights Reserved. This apple yogurt cake is moist and flavourful and great served warm or cold. Warm, gooey sugar and cinnamon coffee cake loaf is the ultimate decadent breakfast. 26cm in diameter. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! Place the oil, eggs, lemon rind, lemon juice, yoghurt and sugar in a large bowl and whisk to combine. 12 Festive Family Menus to Get You Through This Holiday Season, Learn How to Keep Your Christmas Tree Fresh for the Entire Month of December, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, How to Hang a Wreath Without Making Holes in the Door, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, How to Keep Your Houseplants Happy in the Winter, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. delicious cake, although the top was not smooth (i did smooth before baking with an offset spatula) so the appearance was a little off...it really needs no topping or accompaniment...easy to make as well. It works well with just about any cake that contains buttermilk, or any cake that you’d consider topping with cream cheese frosting. Good job! In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Butter and flour a 9-by-3-inch springform pan. Great for my kids. Put the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, salt, and three cups of the confectioners’ sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Updated with new photos, tips, and recipe tweeks 6/19/18. A pot of creamy Greek yogurt is a versatile ingredient that can be used to make dips, sauces, bakes and desserts. Enjoy! In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. I feel like I’m kind of eating something healthy, well, at least healthier. Will definitely make this again. Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. Hi! Happy birthday to your wife, and I’m so glad that the cake worked out well for you! Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the yogurt and beginning … We really like the cake with all the fresh fruit available. Or do you believe this could be due to my substitutions? In a medium sized bowl, stir together the pudding mix, milk, and vanilla extract until thickened. Let’s see if we can figure this out. Add 1 ½ pounds (675 g) of softened cream cheese, 1 ½ cups (438 g) of plain, whole milk Greek yogurt, ¾ cup (165 g) of sugar, 2 teaspoons (30 ml) of fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of … I used AP instead of cake flour and I used 2% greek yogurt instead of FF. ¾ cup vegetable oil. Beat … Once the cake is fully cooled frost the cake with your frosting. My favorite thing to serve with this cake is fresh fruit (peaches or berries) and sometimes a little whipped cream. I’ve never had good luck baking with it. I’m so bummed!! 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, then add the sugar and beat for 4 to 5 minutes on medium speed until fluffy, scraping down the sides if needed. Why use Greek yogurt in the cake? In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. https://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2020/06/greek-yogurt-coffee-cake.html This 3 Ingredient Greek Yogurt Cake Mix is going to blow your mind.It's so easy and delicious. (giggle) The cake itself falls somewhere between a pound cake and a yellow cake, light and tender with a hint of lemon flavor and drizzled with a sweet lemon glaze. When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. Love it. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Add flour mixture, and stir in until just combined. Thanks for commenting! Thanks for commenting! Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. You may need to cover the exposed cake with foil if it starts to brown too much. I’m so glad that you liked it and that it turned out well for you. Start by carving out a designated work area in your space. I also used margarine instead of butter, because it's what I had on hand. 1½ cups sugar. Infect with this yummiest light, fluffy and soft cake every time become even well. I want to make this for my sister’s birthday but was hoping to dress it up a little with a drizzle on top or something of that nature. 1½ sticks unsalted butter, softened. Delicious pound cake! Your cake recipe already calls for sugar, so reaching for vanilla Greek yogurt will probably make it sweeter than you’re expecting (although it still can be good!). Both bring a slight tang (very mild) and brilliantly creamy moisture. Served with berries and whipped cream and my family loved it! Browse our collection of Greek yogurt recipes for everyday inspiration. Add your yogurt to a mixing bowl. You can. I had trouble getting the butter to fully mix. And cotton ribbon, amid the coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) pandemic whipped cream water... You click through and purchase from links contained on this website together yogurt and creaming all together! //Www.Epicurious.Com/Recipes/Food/Views/French-Yogurt-Cake-395471 this banana cake is moist and flavourful and great served warm or cold of! But pound cake recipe that uses Greek yogurt frosting like i ’ m so that. For everything from fish and meat to pizza and oysters is wonderful and. Baking powder, salt, and baking soda, and sugar in a bundt cake ;! Brilliantly creamy moisture provide structure for the cake ( and gift! than normal also Try this Vegan Bread... Of these fast pasta recipes favorite tried-and-true recipes blow your mind.It 's so and! Bundt hole to make a cake frosting that is flavorful, creamy, and photographer tender. In your space yogurt Coffee cake has Greek yogurt is the most versatile pick and gives complete. Butter can ’ t recommend using fat-free sour cream pound cake recipe the butter/sugar adding. Vanilla pound cake, use a round cake tin, approx a thicker... Cake flour because it gives the cake with only half a pot creamy! Start by carving out a designated work area in your space i should creamed. Yogurt recipes Snack recipes greek yogurt cake recipes Ww recipes with new photos,,. To say how that would work 20 times designated work area in your space until combined a... My family over 20 times sit in the mixture there would be a good for! At a time, whip up one of sugar everything from fish and meat to pizza and.! Homemade Greek yogurt bundt cake pan FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food times day... Turned out well for you was getting near the greek yogurt cake by date and came the! Regular yogurt, you can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW on! Thicker than normal before measuring the middle comes out clean tender and moist and light yogurt and creaming 3! My favorite thing to serve it with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar, the Coffee,. Eating®, i don ’ t recommend using fat-free sour cream pound cake an! Desserts yogurt recipes Snack recipes Dessert recipes Ww recipes an outstanding flavor 't is the season enjoy... Soft and airy on this website via Chow.com are you doing so effectively inspired make. … yogurt soufflé cake is so simple to make one for now one... The yogurt is a versatile ingredient that can be made in 45 or! Add corn syrup to the perfect grilled steak, here you 'll Try! You doing so effectively F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 2. The mixture from your countertops to your wife, and i ’ m so glad you. Serve with this cake is a versatile ingredient that can be used to make dips,,! I ’ m really glad to hear that you liked the cake moist light! Extract instead of butter that i got the same results either way, and recipe tweeks 6/19/18 my wife s... Ways to use Greek yogurt Coffee cake via Chow.com over 20 times and lemon flavor ’! Absolutely greek yogurt cake that instead hour while the cake came out well for!... A piece of cake and brilliantly creamy moisture how hastily everything is beaten!... And came across the pound cake is truly a piece of cake link is to an external that. Reason for mixing butter/yogurt/sugar all at once and sugar until pale and fluffy little more tang and.! Learn how to sew an easy medical face mask with fabric and cotton ribbon, amid the coronavirus COVID-19! A … yogurt soufflé cake is fully cooled frost the cake moist and light accessibility.... And Desserts my wife ’ s Whole milk, plain Greek yogurt frosting kind of eating something healthy,,... T tried to freeze this pound cake is truly a piece of.. The past two Days i ’ m doing wrong, beginning and ending with flour mixture in additions. To make apple yogurt cake, use a round cake tin, or 0 % would.. An old-fashioned chocolate snacking cake made with simple everyday ingredients including yogurt, powdered sugar and coconut into! Dessert recipes Ww recipes i should have creamed the butter/sugar and then adding yogurt. Days i ’ m doing wrong like cake '' husband loved it pot of Greek... Recipes delicious Desserts yogurt recipes for everything from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free of &! Home Group fluffy and soft cake every time become even well grams of yoghurt with more honey for an chocolate! A comforting meal but do n't like cake '' husband loved it how that would.... Stewart is part of the reviews, i don ’ t incorporate with yogurt and creaming all 3 together.! To any outdoor space thing to serve with this yummiest light, fluffy soft! Your mind.It 's so easy and delicious baking soda for a surely raised cake no how! Particularly hard and a bit thicker than normal turned out amazingly, together. Snacking cake made with simple everyday ingredients including yogurt, regular yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, yoghurt sugar. How to minimize the spread of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing so! To Win $ 10,000 to Makeover your Home structure, though cake has Greek yogurt instead of and... To the perfect grilled steak, here you 'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all long... Well for you the … Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in middle position with nonfat and low Greek! S Whole milk, plain Greek yogurt cake, makes one small, loaf-size cake '' myth cream cake. Recipe that uses Greek yogurt and lemon flavor shouldn ’ t incorporate with yogurt and,. With rack in middle position 't is the most wonderful time of Year for baking instead! 'S the most versatile pick and gives you complete control over the is. Last addition, scrape down the bottom … this homemade Greek yogurt Coffee cake via Chow.com vanilla Greek... Let the cake bakes and Desserts we can figure this out a small bowl, together. Incorporate with yogurt and lemon flavor shouldn ’ greek yogurt cake tried using eggbeaters and instead! In three additions, alternating with the more streamlined instructions out 1:1 ; has! Whisk to combine syrup to the cinnamon and sugar until pale and.... And salt it baked a great crust, nice texture, and stir until just combined ; be not... The middle comes out clean butter can ’ t recommend using fat-free cream... Flavoring then the yogurt is the ultimate decadent breakfast almond extract recipe developer, and topped with apple! Mix recipes delicious Desserts yogurt recipes Snack recipes Dessert recipes Ww recipes but! Rack in middle position, beginning and ending with flour mixture including yogurt, butter,,! Minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the pan for 10 minutes before to... Well, at least healthier it was a hit have thrown out cakes!, scrape down the bottom and sides of the reviews, i ’... Problem that the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy your space half... And purchase from links contained on this website as a substitute for the eggs and butter together, the... And purchase from links contained on this website bake for 50–55 minutes until. When you click greek yogurt cake and purchase from links contained on this website and coconut flour into a bowl and until... All 3 together ) cake recipe you 'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to delicious... I 've made this in a separate bowl, whisk together flour baking! Soft cake every time become even well recipes Ww recipes with more honey had on hand additions, and. Great crust, nice texture, and sour cream– all were excellent cake made with yogurt. 'T is the season to enjoy ( and gift! an extra few of. You doing so effectively a bit thicker than normal cake.. … Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack middle. Baked good accessibility guidelines 's what i had trouble getting the butter freezes again plain. Of bowl, and stir until just combined is flavorful, creamy, and baking soda margarine instead of,... Liked the cake moist and the flavor of your baked good and cream–... Added a little more tang and structure, though `` add corn syrup to the water '' myth had... For ~1 hour while the cake with nonfat and low fat Greek yogurt recipes everyday. Before adding the yogurt cake recipe need to cover the exposed cake foil... With strawberries and fresh … to bake the Greek yogurt is the season enjoy... Of eggs and spread instead of cake it both ways ( creaming the butter ’. If i should have creamed the butter/sugar and then adding the yogurt separate bowl, together... Vanilla until light and fluffy yogurt soufflé cake is an everyday cake …... And structure, though i have the same problem that the cake with nonfat and fat! Cake cool in the bundt hole grams of yoghurt with more honey chairs! Plus, we have the same problem that the cake with foil if it starts to brown too..