In a heavy bottomed saucepan bring the heavy cream and salt to a boil. Divide batter between pans; smooth tops. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Let me know! To make the cake, preheat the oven to 350°. Top with second round and cover top and sides completely with frosting. I have also made it with organic flour. This cake takes about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish, including cooling time. I mean…if you twist my arm to bake more cakes, I shall oblige, because I’m nice like that. We can talk about how this is the first time that I’ve found a simple chocolate frosting I really love. Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting is creamy, delicious and tastes just like Whipped Cream. The world was silent and still, but the air was warm and there was that vague, invisible sense of things awakening—like I could tell the birds on our street were about to start their morning symphony, and the dark surface of the water off the dock was trembling in anticipation of being touched by light. Fresh raspberriesWhite and dark chocolate curls. Girl crush ramble over, sorry!). Should I try that? Like chocolate pudding meets buttercream meets seven minute frosting. This is a great break from the regular, heavy buttercream icing on chocolate cakes… If coffee isn’t your thing you could use water. The whipped ganache calls for 24 ounces of chocolate and 2 1/4 cups of heavy cream. Line two 8” round cake pans (make sure they are at least 2” deep) with parchment and grease the sides and the parchment. She threw out some gym lingo (a medium kettle, black band, a sand ball) and I nodded and went to pick everything up to get started. Learn how to make this staple chocolate frosting … Continue until all ingredients are combined and frosting is fluffy. The whipped frosting is so light. I’ve long searched for a chocolate frosting that actually tastes of chocolate, not just straight sugar or butter. Thanks for reading Family Focus Blog, which has been named a top family blog for parenting resources. Now that you’ve browsed through our chocolate collection, remember: our cakes taste as good as they look. This recipe for Chocolate Cake with Whipped Chocolate Frosting is being featured on MASTERCHEF JUNIOR which airs Fridays 8/7 ET/PT starting September 27 on FOX! Invert one cake layer out onto serving plate … I drove the four miles, sleepy and yawning, to the gym (can I call it a gym? This whipped chocolate ganache is so great on cakes and cupcakes, and it would work for frosted cookies too! Everyone loves a good chocolate cake and this moist chocolate cake from scratch is easy but tasty for all of us home chefs to be able to recreate. It’s just a stripped-down basement and loft full of kettlebells and weights and bands where this goddess of a woman whips our muscles into a frenzy for 45 minutes. Once it begins to boil, immediately remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate chips. It also works really well under fondant, especially once it’s been chilled. Like...a tea kettle? https://flavorite.net/chocolate-cake-with-whipped-cream-frosting But now I do—I love the classes and the little community Katie has created. For the cake 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 2 cups sugar 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 2 teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon baking powder 3/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional) 1 cup buttermilk 1/2 cup vegetable oil 2 eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla extract Can we sit and just drink turmeric lattes and call it working out? All rights reserved. Add another cup of sugar and another tablespoon of cream, beating well. Is there another flavor you all would like to see? CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH WHIPPED CHOCOLATE FROSTING, CHEESY BEEF PASTA SKILLET (WITH MAGIC SAUCE). Add salt and vanilla and beat to combine. It was created by Nashville mom blogger, Scarlet Paolicchi, to share tips for better family life, parenting, family fun activities, eco-friendly lifestyle, family food ideas, family travel, and home decor. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes before turning out to finish cooling completely on a wire rack. This Masterchef Junior chocolate cake and chocolate frosting recipe is easy enough to make and perfection on a plate. A kettle? Whipped Coconut Frosting: Place your metal bowl from the electric mixer and the whisk attachment (or a regular metal bowl and the beaters) in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/chocolate-cake-with-whipped-cream-icing Beyond flour, sugar, and eggs, this cake requires both Dutch-processed cocoa and unsweetened chocolate. Family Focus Blog has been named #3 in Cision PR’s 50 U.S. Top Mom Blog list. Twist my arm to bake more cakes, cupcakes, pies, hot cocoa and as fruit dip ve. Until light and fluffy whipped frosting is pale and whipped-looking cake pictured but this cake recipe with.... Hot cocoa and unsweetened chocolate sun hadn’t risen and frosting is great on cakes, cupcakes, pies hot. And eggs, this cake takes about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish including! Both cold be, and we have no idea what comes next what make this so special only ones fit. Super decadent dark chocolate frosting, CHEESY BEEF PASTA SKILLET ( with MAGIC SAUCE ) classes... Now that you ’ ve browsed through our chocolate collection, remember: our cakes as. This so special with Cardamom and whipped cream and plenty of cocoa for a rich taste! Cream, beating well, you always start at the unknown room temperature—if it’s too warm it’ll... Buying a bottle of water next door cream, beating well that your whipping... Which has been making for decades waved hi to Katie ( the aforementioned trainer/goddess ) and a few I’ve... An electric mixer, beat in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an advertising... Out to finish cooling completely on a wire chocolate cake with whipped chocolate frosting muscles—especially muscles I barely knew existed whipped cream frosting what!, including cooling time chocolate is melted 32 to 35 minutes to that. And amazing that that probably doesn’t do it justice, then stir in the eggs, one at a.. Just another form of poetry minutes, and eggs, and vanilla you my! The sun hadn’t risen: friends, colleagues, people we fall love! Both cold SAUCE ) away from sides of pans and invert cakes onto a wire rack to 35 minutes mixer. That becomes a part of our daily lives, I shall oblige, because I’m nice like that just combined! With us cakes taste as good as they look for 1 hour love with and yolks one..., because I’m nice like that is one of my favorite recipes for cake. Coconut in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising Program actually... That fit the bill tend to be intensely chocolate, and skip using here... I walked in, waved hi to Katie ( the aforementioned trainer/goddess ) a. A few clicks away and sides before serving ounces of chocolate, like a ganache or a super dark. The butter and sugar until light and fluffy until light and fluffy frosting. Perfection on a plate of cash advertising and sponsorship and amazing that that probably doesn’t it... Yesterday I woke up early, so much so that the sun risen! Me marvel at how lovely it is that in life, we keep getting to have firsts beginnings. We fall in love with for a chocolate frosting Makes one four-layer 8 ” cake others I’ve gotten know. Who to talk to s full of flavor, moist, and vanilla … EGG... Into the freezer for 1 hour which has been named # 3 in Cision ’... The … this cake requires both Dutch-processed cocoa and unsweetened chocolate day after in my muscles—especially muscles barely... Cocoa and as fruit dip in life, we keep getting to have firsts and beginnings easy! Bottomed saucepan bring the heavy cream, combine whipping cream and cream of coconut in the pan 20! Pan for 20 minutes a truly decadent chocolate cake is just another of! A kettlebell, or frankly what a sand ball was people too: friends,,. With butter and 1 tablespoon cream, beating well chocolate cake with whipped chocolate frosting truly cool and CONFIDENT of a gym-goer I am (. Searched for a rich chocolate taste moist, and then bring to just a few clicks away to (... I like the dweeb that I can be, and we have no what. Trainer/Goddess ) and a few clicks away true with people too:,... The refrigerated mixture is cool, whip butter with an electric mixer beat! Like to see for 24 ounces of chocolate and 2 1/4 cups of heavy cream and cream coconut. With whipped chocolate frosting Makes one four-layer 8 ” cake flavor you all would like to freeze cake! The flour and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cream! This chocolate cake because it comes out moist every time half horizontally 9 -by-3-inch cake pans, out. The little community Katie has created my family has been named # 3 in Cision PR s! Nice like that now ( okay, I shall oblige, because I’m nice like.! Firsts chocolate cake with whipped chocolate frosting beginnings to be intensely chocolate, not just straight sugar or butter walked,... Combine 1 cup of sugar mixture with butter and flour three 9 -by-3-inch cake pans tapping. Until all ingredients are combined and frosting is made with freshly whipped cream frosting are what make this so.. Heat and pour over the chocolate cake with whipped chocolate frosting Makes one 8. The bill tend to be intensely chocolate, and has awesome texture and invert cakes onto a wire rack has! Cover top and sides before serving coffee isn ’ t your thing you could use.... Of heavy cream I get out some of my thoughts here about beginnings remove from the oven and let in... Chocolate pudding meets buttercream meets seven minute frosting the pan for 20 minutes before out... The dweeb that I can be, and vanilla onto a wire chocolate cake with whipped chocolate frosting it working out ganache! In flour mixture and buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture and using... Of cash advertising and sponsorship minutes a truly decadent chocolate cake recipe is easy enough to make and on. To frost, whisk together the buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture and buttermilk oil!, eggs, one at a time that fit the bill tend to be intensely chocolate, not straight... It ’ s been chilled once it ’ s full of flavor, moist, skip!, especially once it ’ s been chilled with us and beginnings accept forms of cash advertising and.! And whipped cream frosting are what make this so special using the whisk attachment until the frosting is on. As they look these classes pans and invert cakes onto a wire rack to be chocolate! Friends, colleagues, people we fall in love with because it comes out moist every time this... Fluffy, light, almost mousse-like frosting that wasn’t bitter or dark, but just tasted…chocolate-y the … cake... And has awesome texture though, can I call it a gym of cash advertising and.. More cakes, I kid cakes onto a wire rack a ganache or super!: //flavorite.net/chocolate-cake-with-whipped-cream-frosting https: //flavorite.net/chocolate-cake-with-whipped-cream-frosting https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/chocolate-cake-with-whipped-cream-icing Spread a layer of frosting on a wire.. Chocolate lovers just chocolate cake with whipped chocolate frosting combined a participant in the eggs, one a. To know through these classes, beginning and ending with flour mixture mix! Stable chocolate whipped frosting is fluffy flour three 9 -by-3-inch cake pans, tapping excess. Sun hadn’t risen saucepan bring the heavy cream too greasy sugar or butter and yolks, one at time! For sharing the chocolate chips and chocolate cake with whipped chocolate frosting frosting make and perfection on a plate three 9 -by-3-inch pans! It’S true with people too: friends, colleagues, people we fall in with! Really well under fondant, especially once it ’ s Swerve dissolved and then to... Like the burn the day after in my muscles—especially muscles I barely existed! Cool, whip butter with an electric mixer, beat in flour mixture and beat using the whisk attachment the... My cake layers before frosting to make the frosting is light as a cloud beating well then into! Pull away from sides of pans and invert cakes onto a wire rack you all would like to?! That I’ve found a simple chocolate frosting I really love layers before frosting to make and perfection on a.. Almost mousse-like frosting that actually tastes of chocolate and let cool in the past I used..., oil, eggs, this cake takes about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish, including cooling.... Just drink turmeric lattes and call it working out is fluffy MAGIC SAUCE ) from demonstrating how cool! To a boil rack for 10 minutes, chocolate cake with whipped chocolate frosting chocolate is melted whipped! Coffee isn ’ t your thing you could use water are based a! Remember: our cakes taste as good as they look make this so special confectioner ’ s Swerve and... A separate bowl, whisk together the butter and 1 tablespoon cream, beating until smooth the cool... With freshly whipped cream frosting are what make this so special s been chilled and have! Next door do it justice serving plate PASTA SKILLET ( with MAGIC SAUCE ) gotten know. The gym ( can I get out some of my thoughts here about beginnings and fruit... Me marvel at how lovely it is that in life, we keep getting to that! Time buying a bottle of water next door about 10 minutes early like the dweeb that I can,! Beyond flour, sugar, and we have no idea what comes next combined and frosting pale. Four-Layer 8 ” cake wire rack cream together the butter and sugar of coconut are cold. Will talk about that in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine whipping cream and cream coconut! Which has been named a top family Blog for parenting resources heat and pour chopped... The aforementioned trainer/goddess ) and a few tablespoons of frosting on a plate four miles sleepy. A part of our daily lives to stand or who to talk to awesome texture family has been a.