I wouldn’t be buying a cake mix if I lived there either. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Bake this for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Deselect All. In a large bowl combine the bananas, eggs and oil/butter until mixture is smooth. Thanks! Pumpkin Carrot Muffins. I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one. Refrigeration is not necessary as the muffins should be good for a few days if stored correctly. My kids are’t big on cooked carrots. Each muffin only has 5 net carbs! Summary: Sometimes we all need a short cut and these easy pineapple carrot cake muffins begin with a cake mix. If mix is too dry, add a couple drops of water at a time to loosen- but mixture should be thick. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and lightly grease a muffin tin. Ultra moist pumpkin carrot muffin recipe that will win over a crowd. This recipe makes soft, moist muffins every time. Beat together a box of yellow cake mix, one can of pumpkin, the cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. These Carrot Cake Cupcakes are one of my family’s favorite treats and everyone that tries these goes crazy for them! 1 box yellow cake mix for two 9-inch rounds. Prep time. Naturally sweet carrot-walnut muffins made with whole wheat flour. Be sure to tag me @thesugarfreediva on social media if you post any photos! Place the mashed bananas in a large bowl. Do not over mix, simply mix until blended. DELICIOUS! *Please check the nutritional labels to assure that you are sticking to your diet restrictions for any substitutions used. Option to add pumpkin, apple, nuts, etc. However, they are usually bulked up to do so with other ingredients such as sugar. For the carrots, we prefer to hand grate for the finest carrot pieces that melt into the cupcake batter, but you can also use a food processor. That is because there are not a lot of fancy or different ingredients that you need for this. We’ve also been asked about turning it into cupcakes and while we do provide a few quick tips in the cake recipe, we thought it was about time that we shared our go-to recipe for carrot cake cupcakes. It makes quick work of grating carrots, but the pieces will be slightly larger. guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon. You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon. Add the raisins, nuts, and pineapple (if you're using it). We will be using a couple of cheats instead. Add half of the dry ingredients at a time stirring gently between additions. The only difference here is that this is 18 servings instead of 12, to make adding this to your food tracker easier if that's the serving amount you choose. Now in another bowl, mix … Any other sugar alternative, my body reacts to. Because if you won’t tell them, I won’t, and none will be the wiser. While this recipe calls for vanilla pudding mix, feel free to use an. You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here. Be sure to sift all the dry … Line muffin pan with muffins liners (or spray with nonstick cooking spray) and set aside. That is like a cup and a half. Mashed banana is an excellent option in a yellow or chocolate cake mix. For the batter, there are a few tips to make sure the low carb carrot cake muffins turn out perfect every single time. Thanks for hosting! Carrot Cake from a Yellow Cake Mix . Make sure to use an 8 inch loaf or cake … The finishing touch is adding a swirl of sweetened cream cheese on the top of the cupcakes before cupcakes go in the oven to bake. 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt Allow the your cupcakes to cool before serving or frosting. I can’t even tell you why I bought a 2 pound bag of carrots. 1 cup toasted whole skin-on almonds. For a sweeter muffin, try blueberry or cherry pie filling in a white or chocolate cake mix, or use apple pie filling in a carrot or spice cake mix. Dr. Gundry’s Homemade Carrot Cake Muffins (no lectins here!) My dad’s all time favorite dessert is carrot cake and after spending literally years perfecting my carrot cake recipe I thought I’d tweak it a bit to create some perfectly moist, tender, and flavorful carrot cake cupcakes. Bake this for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. My friend Carol came over recently so I could teach her how to bake a decent cake. I figured I could make a carrot cake out of that mix and I did. Those are the days when you pull out this recipe because I am not too proud to admit, I have those days. https://www.halfscratched.com/oatmeal-raisin-cake-mix-muffins Haha! I really like the sound of these muffins – especially with the addition of the pineapple. an air tight container, such as a muffin container. No matter how you serve them, these muffins make a great breakfast! ), Bake 20-25 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Lastly, fold in any optional nuts. I know it included raisins, coconut, crushed pineapple, and nuts, but I don't know the amounts. Step 3. A few years ago, we shared our absolute favorite recipe for carrot cake.Since sharing it, so many of you have reviewed it and shared it with your family and friends. Sign Up for Our Newsletters . To make these carrot cake muffins moist, we will use sugar free vanilla pudding mix which you can find here. Mix … Knowing all the love that went into shredding those carrots, measuring the spices and whipping that cream cheese makes it ever so much more sweet, but then you have days that your momma warned you about. Melt the margarine in the microwave. Need to know we're to purchase sugar free cake mix or can you make it. Add the sugar, oil, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour, and gently mix together until well combined. However, you do not need to frost these as they are muffins. I try to sneak them in when I do … Add in optional ingredients and stir until well blended. thank you! I haven’t yet tested this recipe with flax eggs, but I think that swap would be worth experimenting on your own (and if you try, I’d love to hear how it goes). Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you. Simply mix your ingredients until just blended instead. I love the “whatever it takes apron”! Preheat your oven to 325 and prep you muffin pans for nonstick. This recipe also does not include added sugar in it. Since those flavors don't have spices, you may want to add a dash of pumpkin spice to the batter. Your email address will not be published. recipe for making your own Yellow Cake without adding sugar here. https://www.pinterest.com/thesugarfreediva/, https://www.facebook.com/thesugarfreediva/. My mother-in-law loves it and I like it too. There’s nothing I appreciate more than a homemade carrot cake with an easy cream cheese frosting. In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Instead of adding a bunch of ingredients, you will need a box of Sugar Free Yellow Cake mix. These beautiful little cream cheese topped muffins are low in carbohydrates, free from refined sugars and gluten, and are appropriate for a keto diet. If you enjoy carrot cake and pumpkin spice then you will leap for joy over these muffins! Hi, My Recipe Box; My Newsletters; My Account; Customer Care; Subscribe; Log out; Sign up for Our Newsletters . Cake mix recipes are a great way to make something homemade in a fraction of the time!. Nutritional Info. document.write('