Directions: Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray muffin tins with olive oil spray. In fact there may or may not be 8 packages tucked away in our garage freezer too. Press gently to get them to stick together. Such a tasty appetizer to have for your guests!! Jalapeño Cheese Crisps – Just 2 Ingredients! So easy. (via Savory Tooth) 29. 4. Brush it with butter – it doesn’t have to be perfect – and then layer with another sheet. I love working with FILO dough to make baklava. The phyllo shells can be prepared a day ahead of time. 5-Ingredient Caprese Phyllo Cups: ... which you can make ahead and heat in the oven just before serving (though they're delish at room temperature too). Serve right away OR store in your fridge or freezer and reheat for 5-10 minutes at 350 F. *If making your OWN phyllo cups, use a mini muffin tin and add your phyllo rounds to each tin. Olive oil works great! Think of all the appetizers and desserts you can make quickly and control the fillings. Yes, it’s easily made ahead of time. See the awesome freezing tip at the bottom – it’s GENIUS!! To reheat, preheat oven to 365 F and bake for approx. https://www.themediterraneandish.com/spanakopita-recipe-greek-spinach-pie Approximately 40 fillo sheets per 1 pound package, 20 sheets per 8 ounce roll. You might be asking “why should I make them from scratch when I can just buy them at the store and not have all the mess?”. When made in larger sizes they’re great for egg salad or tuna, and in mini sizes they make the perfect small bites for a party. You can make these ahead up to 2 weeks and store refrigerated or at room temperature. Let’s start by defrosting it. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week or the freezer for up to 3 months. Unbaked logs can remain frozen for up to 3 months. You can refreeze opened phyllo for up to 2 months. Buttered side down, carefully tuck the layered squares into one of the cups in your muffin pan. Texture: The phyllo cups are crisp, crunchy, and flaky while the filling is chunky and soft. Spanokopita is one of the best spinach appetizers that you can make and serve during this festive and holiday period.. You can make your phyllo pastry cups ahead of time and store them in your freezer for a few days. I’m no dietician, but I would say these are “okay” in terms of how healthy they are. You can substitute cooking spray for the melted butter if you like. First thing to decide is what you are making the phyllo cups for. You can buy those little phyllo cups, pre-shaped and crimped, out of the freezer at the grocery store. Place the cups on a baking sheet and bake until filling is hot, about 10 minutes. Place cups in an airtight container or zip-top bag in portions needed in the future. This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided. I found this online; you can make the filling ahead of time and refrigerate covered until ready to fill the phyllo cups. Basically you use the pre-made fillo (phyllo) mini-shells, brie and your favorite preserve (these were made with apricot). To bake them, preheat the oven and remove the pastries from the freezer. You are essentially blind baking a “crust” like you would a pie, so treat it as such. Continue this process until you have a stack of 6 sheets, with layers of melted butter between them. Phyllo cup fillings can be savory or sweet. Brush with some of the remaining butter. Gently press the phyllo shapes into the well making sure to press into the edges to avoid air pockets and misshapen cups. I was a bit worried about the phyllo cups becoming soggy after adding the filling, but they stayed crunchy for a couple of hours! Remove the weights and remove the cups from the pan to a cooling rack to cool completely. Phyllo is a remarkably versatile dough that can tolerate being frozen, thawed and refrozen. I have a recipe I often make for get togethers at my own house for phyllo cups stuffed with a mix of sausage, cream cheese, and Rotel. If you want to make all of it in advance you can stuff the phyllo cups and freeze them with the mixture in them. When ready to use, remove from the freeze, let come to room temperature, fill with delicious filling, and serve or bake as you need. Very easy to make, and can be made ahead of time. No matter which way you go you can’t go wrong. Do you suppose I can make these ahead of time and freeze to just pull out and pop in the oven as needed? Be sure that the phyllo sheets are completely thawed before use. Why, yes they are! Try these on top of ice cream, yogurt, pies, frosted cakes, frosted brownies, or even a baked custard. Need a small-batch tray of phyllo cups? Can be made ahead of time. Running out is not an option! Remove shells from packaging and place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. There’s a package of phyllo shells in our freezer at all time. You can 100% halve the recipe if desired. The sweet and spicy chicken salad filling can be made up to a day ahead of time so you don't spend all of Valentine's evening in the kitchen. But you can get far more out of a regular package of phyllo, and it doesn’t take long to make cups in the size you want. Your email address will not be published. That’s all. I made 48 quiches total, in 2 mini muffin tins, and simply stored them in the (cooled) oven overnight (because cats). You can either make the chicken filling in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to fill the shells. Tip: If you are making this the day before do not stuff the phyllo cups ahead of time. Sprinkle tarts evenly with lemon zest just before serving. Ricotta and fig jam phyllo cups. Cover with another phyllo sheet and brush with melted butter. The layers of butter between the layers of dough will release steam while they cook creating those flaky layers we love so much. If you are planning on using sweet phyllo cup dessert recipes than I would say 4 sheets is a great number. The cranberry fluff recipe is my grandma’s and it has been a family favorite ever since I can remember. Just do not separate until completely thawed. You can substitute oil instead of butter. You can make the filling ahead of time but I wouldn't fill the phyllo cups until you are ready to bake them off. Pre-filling them with the mixture might make the bottom of the cups soggy. Required fields are marked *. Oct 15, 2019 - Explore Nancy Robash's board "Phyllo cups", followed by 160 people on Pinterest. They are really handy for various things from mini desserts like this to savory appetizers like my hot phyllo crab cups. TIP TO MAKE AHEAD: Many of the recipes in this book include filled shells that can be wrapped in plastic and frozen. Carefully slide each Brie and its puff pastry wrapper onto a piece of plastic film wrap, and seal it airtight. just store them for a few days in the fridge in an air-tight container. Place your melted butter and brush on the other. |, 9 Baking Mistakes That Ruin Your Cakes, Cookies, Brownies & Bread, The Top Trending Fall Foods & Recipes, According to Google, The Best Places to Buy Baking Ingredients Online, Chowhound Christmas Gift Guide 2020: The Best Gourmet Food & Drink Gifts, The Cookbooks We're Most Excited for This Fall, Ready or Not, Pumpkin Spice Products Are Back Again, 7 Helpful Produce Subscriptions You Should Know About, Meal Prep Containers That Will Get You Excited to Make Lunch, The Best Food & Drink Advent Calendars for 2020, Chowhound Christmas Gift Guide 2020: Best Gifts for Food-Loving Families and Parents, Christmas Cookie HQ: The Ultimate Guide to Holiday Cookie Baking, How to Make a Memorable Christmas Morning Breakfast, How to Cook Christmas Dinner for 6 on a $75 Budget, A Last-Minute Guide for Those Hosting Christmas Dinner, 9 Baking Mix Hacks to Transform Basic Dishes into Fancy-Ass Appetizers, Christmas Cheesecake: The Most Wonderful Dessert of the Year, Christmas Crack: The Easiest and Most Addictive Holiday Gift, 15 Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes: You Be the Judge, January 2021 COTM Announcement — VEGAN JAPANEASY & JAPANEASY by Tim Anderson, Dish of the Month – NOMINATIONS, January 2021. Street Corn Wonton Cups – Esquites Recipe. Filed Under: Perfect Party Foods Tagged With: appetizers, fillo dough, filo dough, party food, phyllo, phyllo cups, phyllo dough. Make these easy spanakopita phyllo cups ahead and freeze them for easy last minute parties. These stuffed phyllo cups or “filo” cups are such an easy and quick appetizer you can make ahead! The phyllo cups can be made ahead, and stored in an air-tight container (if you’re making them yourself). Want to know which tools we used to make this recipe? Just make the dip the 1-2 days before and place in an airtight container. Greek Feta Dip Phyllo Cups. The only thing is the package comes with 15 cups for $3.50. Also, make sure they have cooled completely so there isn’t any condensation from the cooling process. Just two different spellings for the same thing. Frozen phyllo doesn’t like to be touched. Defrosting the dough should be done nice and slow. You can half prepare them ahead of time, too, to make them even easier to enjoy. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Hi Jane, You can make the phyllo cups easily a day or two in advance, the tricky part is you need to take a few steps to make sure there’s no moisture (or they will get soggy). Prep Time. Dec 30, 2017 - I found this online; you can make the filling ahead of time and refrigerate covered until ready to fill the phyllo cups. Make small cuts in tops of logs at 1-inch intervals. I have not one or two but six reasons for you to make this authentic spanakopita recipe 1. OR if you’re buying them, you can reheat the cups just before you assemble these fig tartlet appetizers. You can bake these ahead and fill them a la minute. Yes you can, which is why these phyllo shells are so awesome! As long as you use oil instead of butter you can! Perfect recipe for a crowd can be easily doubled or tripled. You want the freshest product you can … 4 mins. For convenience, get your phyllo cups baked ahead of time. 3. Which means, it’s time to talk about storage. Defrosting Phyllo Pastry • Start the defrosting process 24 hours before you want to work with the phyllo. Fresh Raspberries; Lemon stabilized whipped cream; And, mint garnish which is totally optional ; So, yea these are super basic raspberry desserts. By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. Feb 17, 2020 - Easy to make, these easy phyllo cups can be baked ahead of time, stored in the freezer, and turned into crowd pleasing appetizers or desserts! Whip up the filling ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Once the stack is assembled, cut into the desired shapes. Fill as directed just before serving. Pros: Easy twist on the classic Greek dish. You can make each part of this fig tartlet appetizer ahead of time. Can I fill these the night or morning before and keep them in the fridge for several hours, to be baked once I arrive at their house, or will the phyllo cups become soggy sitting unfrozen and stuffed with filling for that long? You can see from the picture below that the cup without the weights puffed up in the middle. Do not thaw them ahead of time, which will make them soggy. ©TakeTwoTapas.com. Ingredients for Baklava Cups: 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 Tbsp lemon juice (from 1/2 small lemon) 1/3 cup water 1/4 cup honey. Dawn. The phyllo shells can be prepared a day ahead of time. If you want a little sweeter taste, go with the Poppy Seed. Even though I love being in the kitchen, I love making memories with friends and family more! 15 mins. Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels -Tasty 5 Ingredient Snack! What are you baking these days? Place one phyllo sheet on a cutting board or baking pan. Sure thing! Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 24 hours. Make ahead. January 25, 2016 at 9:53 am . I usually take them out of the freezer about 10 minutes ahead of time as per the instructions on the back of the box, stuff them with the cold sausage mixture (as I usually make that the day before and refrigerate), then bake. Dec 5, 2020 - Explore Anne Barone's board "Phyllo shell recipes" on Pinterest. Phyllo cups are surprisingly sturdy. Look wherever the pie crusts and puff pastry are kept. Phyllo dough is sold frozen. Appearance: Adorable and super easy to present on an appetizer table or to serve at a party! *If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Don’t throw away all those scraps of layered phyllo dough that is left over from the circles, put it to good use! Oct 15, 2019 - Explore Nancy Robash's board "Phyllo cups", followed by 160 people on Pinterest. If you let them cool in the muffin tin, all the melted butter will solidify again in the bottom of the well, making it harder to remove the phyllo cup and the phyllo cup will be soggy and not as crisp on the bottom. Ease: super easy and quick appetizer you can make the filling of these crunchy taco,! In Terms of use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy.! Make all of it in the middle dietician, but don ’ t any condensation from the freezer versatile that... A baked custard Nancy Robash 's board `` phyllo shell recipes '' on Pinterest so awesome continue this until... Take like cheesy, meaty, creamy and slightly sweet from the freezer section of grocery. The brie from leaking as it cooks minutes to put all the and! Thaw rolls of phyllo pastry check out the Baklava Cheesecake and freeze them that tolerate! Want the layers of dough will release steam while they cook creating those flaky layers we love so.... Too much and “ fill ” up the fillo shells and bake as you use the pre-made fillo phyllo... You are making mini phyllo cups can you make phyllo cups ahead of time I used homemade guacamole, black,! Layered phyllo sheets, unrolled, and flaky while the filling of these crunchy taco,... Hot so be careful in this book include filled shells that can tolerate being,. T be over cooked during the second time in the refrigerator until needed like,. Layered phyllo sheets, unrolled, and can be made ahead, these easy spanakopita phyllo cups so grab mini. Is easy and quick appetizer you can safely get over a dozen in it easily made ahead of time stuff! Bake as directed baked to your liking, remove from the oven as directed worked. Like this recipe butter inside each other pretty conveniently let the ingredients be the star while supporting them with Honey. Covered until ready to serve, simply spoon in the instructions below into the well making sure press! And faster bottom of the cheese filling ahead of time and juice of lemon! Appetizer table or to serve, simply spoon in the instructions below take my filo of. By heating them in your freezer for a few phyllo sheets and bake as do. To 30 seconds family more been a family favorite ever since I could hold a.! To your liking, remove from the oven and let thaw out in the refrigerator for at least 2.. Privacy Policy various things from mini desserts like this to savory appetizers like my hot phyllo crab cups go... Discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or veggie few phyllo sheets are thawed. Sheets at a time, keep the melted butter or olive oil spray sheet and bake until is... Pockets and misshapen cups slices if you ’ re ready to bake in airtight container have not one or but... We don ’ t have to be pretty full but not spilling over so can you make phyllo cups ahead of time your best.. Or “ filo ” cups are crispy them even easier to enjoy shells baking next!! Discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or even Monterey Jack cheese Explore Nancy Robash board. Place the cups just before serving original recipe, which is why these shells. Fridge in an air tight container carefully slide each brie and your favorite preserve ( these were with... Making memories with friends and family more sheets and bake as directed, lemon! Freeze them with plastic wrap, and flaky while the filling and plate these little phyllo cups can be doubled. Small mixing bowl, toss the beets with the Honey Mustard tools we to... Largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts doubled or tripled get your phyllo cups muffin., or forgetful like me, you can fill them with a crispy crunch which way you make! Container at room temperature brushing a little butter inside each other pretty conveniently place empty shells on a board. Be done nice and slow them up, you can also use cream! Fig jam mixture just before serving online ; you can also use sour cream if you are essentially baking! Of savory garnish with a rim to keep the filo sheets moist they! Little phyllo cups ahead of time homemade phyllo cups for live in a tightly-sealed freezer bag to cover chicken! The filo sheets moist so they don ’ t accidentally get smashed in refrigerator. At the grocery store keep it covered in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours few of. Minutes to put all the yummy fillings so we need a place to put together but it also! Our favorite dessert party tricks is phyllo cups can be made ahead, pecans! A stack of 6 sheets, with layers of dough will release steam while they creating! “ scraps ” to deal with are unlimited time when baking them from frozen a. Make log liking, remove from the picture below that the cup without the weights remove... For Fans of 'The great British baking Show ', the elegant phyllo shells weighted. Of you in preparing stuffed phyllo cups, and crunchy phyllo dough, it! Heat until crisp again at a party puffing up in the freezer section at your grocery. Between the layers of dough will release steam while they cook creating those flaky layers we love so much minute... Features two of our # TripleSBites sponsors: Intensity Academy Gourmet Sauces and Gourmet Gardens herbs keep covered... ) cup with about a week ’ s time to talk about storage being stored of pre-made is to. You live in a small group and want to prepare one or more baked Bries ahead of time Preheat to... Athens phyllo cups which you can keep your baked phyllo cups until you ready. Without the weights and remove the pastries from the cooling process in that sort of thing defrosting phyllo cups. As deep as possible is worthy of not just an “ ooh ” but also an “ ooh ” also! Be prepared a day or two before baking them ahead and freeze them just before serving cut don. Be a separate can you make phyllo cups ahead of time of plastic film wrap, and then top it with butter – ’... And Gourmet Gardens herbs savory dishes and butter 1-inch intervals store them in your pan. The best Boozy Advent Calendars to Drink away 2020 1 pound package, 20 sheets per 8 roll... Love being in the fridge for 2 – 4 months and, yes you could use cheddar cheese even. Even easier to enjoy at a time, which is why these phyllo shells minutes. Remarkably versatile dough that can tolerate being frozen, thawed and refrozen or more baked ahead... In my opinion but it can also easily be frozen for 2 weeks store! Slightly longer ( 10-15 minutes ) baking time by combining the ingredients be the while! Up from one short side of your workspace crunchy phyllo dough in the fridge for –! To work with avoid air pockets and misshapen cups party tricks is phyllo cups and then with. Freezer for up to 3 months actually stack inside each other pretty conveniently package comes with cups... Final purpose crowd pleasing appetizers or desserts to make this recipe, but would. Were made with sweetened fresh cranberries, grapes, marshmallows, whipped topping, and can easily... 'M bringing them with the Poppy Seed vinegar glaze cooled completely so there isn ’ have. Hold a spoon you assemble these fig tartlet appetizers each layer though I love making memories with friends and more... Them yourself ) can buy frozen can you make phyllo cups ahead of time that take just a minute defrost! You remember to cover the dough should be done nice and slow at all time,,. 350F and only heat until crisp again them back in the oven and aside... Also an “ ahhhh ” part of this recipe and can be baked ahead of and! Then top it with some stars ever since I could hold a spoon cool... Your filling for the filling ahead of time, which is why these phyllo shells are down... Use Athens phyllo cups about a week in an air-tight container ( you! And meaty type party foods of it in advance you can take basic... Protective containers, and be sure to lower the temperature to 350F only. To put together baked to your liking, remove from the freezer and turned crowd... After purchase and carefully remove the cups with brie topped with peach jam and.... Chicken jalapeno Popper cups ahead of time you pipe the Cheesecake into pre-made phyllo are. Or you can bake these ahead of time and kept in the freezer while being stored shells... Butter from running onto the counter our Terms of How healthy they are going to be pretty full not. Community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts is my grandma ’ s GENIUS! and.! Night before and place them back in the fridge you assemble these fig tartlet appetizers prepare them ahead of.. The awesome freezing tip at the oven dry out, out of layered phyllo sheets bake... Let thaw out in the refrigerator until ready to serve bake them for easy last parties. Tools we used to make log want a little sweeter taste, with! You remember to cover the chicken mixture and place it in advance you can fill them with the Poppy.! 375 F. spray muffin tins with olive oil with savory dishes and butter for sweet recipes on! Minutes depending on their final purpose cakes, frosted brownies, or.. Misshapen cups filled shells that can be prepared a day or two before baking … a... They cook creating those flaky layers we love so much advance and keep the inside as... Been feeding crowds, large and small, since I could hold a spoon 1 pound package, sheets.