Cool slightly before cutting into squares. They are great either way but start out hot from the oven. Bisquick Appetizer Squares . Pour over spinach - artichoke mixture. Beat eggs with fork. I would blind bake it first. Social Sharing Share. Place onto the bottom and 1/2" up the sides of a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Cottage cheese maybe? Preheat oven to 325F. 4. Pureed cottage cheese is a good idea, too! #easyrecipes #appetizers Click to Tweet. 6. Makes 24 If you're totally low-carb, omit the breadcrumbs. Spread with artichoke mixture. Be sure to drain them well and pat dry on paper towels to get rid of excess moisture. Pour into 7 x 11 baking dish. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Thanks so much for you question and please stay in touch! shortbread cookies recipe from GroupRecipes.com. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1/2 the marinade, ... Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. baking pan; press onto the bottom of pan, sealing seams and perforations. Baked Artichoke Squares. save recipe. Basic Coffee Cake Recipe I like to keep both on hand. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. Guest are sure to love the tempting topping on the warm squares, and you will love how easy this recipe is to make with convenient crescent roll dough. Let cool 5 minutes and cut into 2 x 2 inch Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. Spinach Artichoke Squares can be made with either canned or frozen artichokes. Place dough in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. Because commercially frozen chopped spinach is already cooked, it’s easier to estimate the amount you’ll require for this or any other recipe. Spinach Artichoke Squares are a delicious low-carb spin on classic spinach artichoke dip for the perfect party treat everyone can enjoy! Submitted by jcendres2 Updated: November 28, 2016. Cut into small squares; serve warm. This is an Anna Olson recipe.I've tried it, it's easy and delicious. Set aside. Cheesy Artichoke Squares. GREAT suggestion! ingredients. clove garlic 1/4 c. bread crumbs 1/4 tsp. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cool slightly on a wire rack, Cut into small squares, arrange on a platter. Cheesy Artichoke Squares. Apr 4, 2015 - A go-to pantry product becomes tender pie crust in snap, and this dish's eggy filling is easy enough to throw together for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. I can’t tell you how many times I purchased fresh spinach for a dish thinking I had enough and it practically disappeared before my eyes! Please do your own research with the products you're using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet. Combine eggs, milk, flour, and baking powder. Place dough in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. Pour over spinach - artichoke mixture. Hi, Susan, I think they should do fine frozen and reheated, as long as you do it in a conventional oven. For a spicy variation, add chopped fresh jalapeno peppers or canned diced green chiles. The nutritional information above is computer-generated and only an estimate. Find easy to make recipes and browse photos, reviews, tips and more. Whisk together eggs, mayonnaise, mascarpone or cream cheese, half-and-half (or milk), salt and black pepper. email recipe. Can you use a flaky dough on the bottom for a crust? I don’t think they’d be good refrigerated and then set out. Whisk together eggs, mayonnaise, mascarpone or cream cheese, half-and-half (or milk), salt and black pepper. Thanks so much for your question and please let me know how it worked for you! However, frozen chopped spinach is one of my favorite “convenience” products. Spoon evenly into the prepared baking dish being careful not to disturb the breadcrumbs. Pour into a greased 9-in. Easy Meals. Learn how your comment data is processed. Garnish if desired … Stir in rest of ingredients. at 325 degrees F until set. Vegetable cooking spray 1 jar (12 ounces) marinated artichokes, drained marinade reserved 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke quarters, drained 4 large eggs 1-1/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese 1 tablespoon dried minced parsley 1 teaspoon garlic salt 1/4 cup shredded sharp … Place mixture in a greased 9-inch square pan. Arrange appetizer on platter; garnish and serve. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Bake 30-35 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Spray an 11 x 7-inch or another similar-sized baking dish with cooking spray or lightly coat with oil. If it is a taste problem I found if you use half the amount of mayonnaise asked for and the other half sour cream you don’t taste the mayonnaise. Frozen artichoke hearts will have better flavor than canned, but they’re not always easy to find and they are more expensive. Apr 9, 2013 - A recipe for Zucchini Squares - another of my grandma's favorites for using up the garden bounty! Let cool 5 minutes and cut into 2 x 2 inch squares . onion, chopped 1 sm. Combine the artichoke hearts, spinach, scallions, garlic and cheese in a bowl. Ingredients. reviews (0) 0%. Aug 11, 2016 - Explore Bisquick's board "Yummy Appetizers", followed by 18266 people on Pinterest. Are they best served warm or at room temp? Thanks so much and hope that helps! Serve baked artichoke squares warm from the oven or room temperature with a nice glass of white wine or beer. Beat eggs in bowl; add chopped artichoke hearts. Recipe by Baby Kato. In a small bowl, beat the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, artichokes and garlic until blended. Combine everything but the eggs and half-and-half in a square baking dish. Spinach Artichoke Squares are also perfect as part of a holiday brunch menu. "This is a wonderful appetizer," relates Katy Joosten of Suamico, Wisconsin. 0/4. 5. Explore. Mediterranean Artichoke and Red Pepper Roll-Ups, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese, 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped, 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls. Can b. If you are not a fan of alot of herbs, than please, add the amount you would prefer, this dish is very versatile. Add spinach and cheese; mix well. In a small bowl, beat the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, artichokes and garlic until blended. Fresh spinach contains a lot of water and shrinks considerably when cooked. Cool 15 minutes in dish on wire rack. Hi, Winifred, Thanks so much for your question! Trusted bisquick appetizers from Betty Crocker. 2. DIRECTIONS. reviews (0) 0%. Heat oil in skillet, and saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent but not brown. Chop artichokes. Saute onion and garlic in the oil from the artichokes for 5 minutes. Cut into squares. Bake 25-30 min. Artichoke Squares. add review #34311; serves/makes: ready in: 30-60 minutes 1 review. Here’s another variation in a quiche:  Crustless Spinach Artichoke and Jalapeno Quiche. Roll into a 14" x 10" rectangle. Add the juice from one jar of artichokes to a small skillet with the onions & garlic and saute over medium high heat until onions are translucent, 4-5 minutes. Spray a 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. Let stand for 15 minutes. Thanks, Joanne! 2 cans (14-ounce) artichoke hearts, drained and squeezed of excess water --OR-- 1 bag (12-ounce) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and squeezed of excess water, 1 bag (12-ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water, 1 bunch scallions (white and light green part only), chopped, 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese, 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese or 4 ounces softened cream cheese. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Yes, some people just don’t like mayonnaise. Crustless Spinach Artichoke and Jalapeno Quiche, Crab Mango and Avocado Salad with Chile-Lime Dressing in Endive, Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Parcels, Frozen chopped spinach that has been thawed. make it again. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. Bisquick Finger Food Recipes . Mix all ingredients together. In a bowl, … ABOUT 1 HOUR BEFORE SERVING; Preheat oven to 325?F. Sprinkle veggies, ham and cheese in plate. Instead of serving the classic combination of spinach and artichokes as a hot dip with chips and crackers, these baked Spinach Artichoke Squares make an elegant hot appetizer. Thanks again! Thanks so much and please stay in touch! With knife, cut lengthwise into 4 strips then cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces. print recipe. Home » Recipes » ARTICHOKE SQUARES. I did a nutritional analysis in my Mastercook program and came up with 8 carbs per serving. Find the recipe for Double Chocolate-Ginger Shortbread and other chocolate recipes at Epicurious.com. Put in greased 7 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches. I made these yesterday, and I think it needs a bigger baking pan with these proportions. oregano 1/8 tsp. ARTICHOKE SQUARES . ground black pepper 1/8 tsp. Thanks! Bake artichoke mixture 30 to 35 minutes until set and lightly browned. salt 1/8 tsp. ARTICHOKE SQUARES : 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts 1/2 lb. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough into rectangles. Great for breakfast or brunch, too! I think one of the reasons this appetizer is such a hit is because it’s a little different. I made it for a family dinner and everyone liked it. Sprinkle with bacon and onions. Hello….these look delicious and a perfect appetizer. I prefer to use Swiss or Gruyere cheese in this recipe but I have been known to clean out the cheese drawer when making these. Stir into cheese mixture. I love to use fresh ingredients whenever possible. Double Chocolate-Ginger Shortbread Recipe at Epicurious.com. Cool 15 minutes in dish on wire rack. Be the first to rate and review this recipe. Thanks for the feedback, Missy! Your email address will not be published. I saute the veggies and add till wilted 1/3c … Meal Planning. This was very good. Simply drop the thawed spinach in small batches into the well of the ricer and squeeze out the water. Avoid using marinated artichokes in this recipe because of the tanginess; they’re better used in something like an antipasto platter. Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins. Hope this helps. add photo. Garnish if desired and serve. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the breadcrumbs. Let cool before cutting into squares. Hi, Barb, Don’t see why you can’t. Pour melted butter into a 13 x 9" pan. grated Cheddar cheese 4 eggs 1 sm. Best of all, you may already have many of the ingredients on hand. Grease 10" pie plate or 8" square. salt 1/8 tsp. Bake artichoke mixture 30 to 35 minutes until set and lightly browned. baking pan; press onto the bottom of pan, sealing seams and perforations. Be the first to rate and … I put a little extra flavor by adding minced garlic, 1/8c of drained fresh salsa and 1/4tsp of paprika. Bisquick Zucchini Appetizer Recipe . Last updated on November 6, 2019 By Anna 7 Comments This post may contain affiliate links. Beat remaining ingredients until smooth and pour into plate. Spread the love. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Food and Drinks. Go to reviews. Let me know how they work for you. ARTICHOKE SQUARES 2 jars (6 oz. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough into rectangles. These are easy breakfast dishes! Shortbread Cookies Recipe. These spicy squares are excellent served hot or cold. Besides being easy and delicious, this dish can be prepared ahead of time and baked at the last minute. make it again. Create or edit an article for "bisquick heart smart" Tile Editor How to add a tile: First, click Add Tile, then for the URL, enter the full https:// destination address. Copyright 2014 - 2020 - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN AND A THOUGHT FOR FOOD, « Roasted Purple Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Parmesan Cheese. I, on the other hand, could eat it by the spoonful but totally understand if an adjustment needs to be made. Oct 3, 2017 - Marinated artichoke hearts, mushrooms, onion, and garlic are the stars in this baked egg dish. sharp cheddar cheese, grated 2 tbsp. Tabasco sauce 1/2 lb. Great flavor though! parsley. Loosen edges from sides of pan as soon as they are removed from the oven. Hi, Kelly, I’m not sure about the “net” carb count. With knife, cut lengthwise into 4 strips then cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces. each) marinated artichoke hearts 1/2 medium onion, minced 1 clove garlic, minced 4 large eggs 1/4 cup bread crumbs 1/4 tsp. Last night’s Mad Men might have been my favorite episode ever, but I don’t want to spoil it for you so that’s all I say. square baking pan. I’ll retest in the very near future and adjust the recipe for that if need be. 0/4. Makes: 15 Servings. This is an old family favourite. MAKES 24 HORS D'OEUVRES. Recipe: Artichoke Squares (using artichoke hearts, eggs, cheese and bread crumbs) Betsy at Recipelink.com - 1-9-2012: 4: Recipe: Fried Artichokes (using artichoke hearts and Bisquick) Betsy at Recipelink.com - 1-9-2012 : 5: Recipe: Artichoke Risotto (using artichoke hearts and white wine) Betsy at Recipelink.com - 1-10-2012 Hi, Lainey, I would increase the mascarpone/cream cheese by 1/4 cup and increase the whole milk/half-and-half by 1/4 cup. Submitted by A Cook Updated: October 01, 2015. Arrange appetizer on platter; garnish and serve. Bake 30-35 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Pour spinach mixture over butter and combine. 3. Whisk together the eggs and half-and-half then pour it over the other ingredients. Beat well. In the 11×7, the spinach and artichoke mixture on the bottom was so dense that the egg mixture didn’t soak through. oregano 1/8 tsp. See more ideas about yummy appetizers, bisquick recipes, recipes. Is there a substitute recommendation you may have for the mayonnaise? Good old-fashioned elbow grease works well, too! I can't remember where I got the recipe, but I have been making these squares for 25 years. Bisquick Inspired Recipes. Spread with artichoke mixture. Apr 9, 2013 - A recipe for Zucchini Squares - another of my grandma's favorites for using up the garden bounty! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Artichokes are not all that common in appetizers. Cool slightly on a wire rack, Cut into small squares, arrange on a platter. Squeezing the excess water from frozen spinach takes a little strength so a potato ricer comes in handy for this purpose. I have made these before and love them. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Arrange cheese over dough. Directions. Any combination of white cheese will work, including Mozzarella and Cheddar. Go to reviews. Trusted Results with Bisquick shortbread recipe. ARTICHOKE SQUARES . Can they be frozen and reheated? Bisquick Sausage Appetizers. The blog or share a photo on Instagram 25 years frozen artichokes up with 8 carbs per SERVING Coffee recipe. Then pour it over the other hand, could eat it by spoonful. Adding minced garlic, 1/8c of drained fresh salsa and 1/4tsp of paprika at 375° 18-20! Lot of water and shrinks considerably when cooked ready in: 30-60 minutes bisquick artichoke squares., 2016 contains a lot of water and shrinks considerably when cooked October 01, 2015 on... With cooking spray and set aside fresh salsa and 1/4tsp of paprika shrinks considerably when.! Them well and pat dry on paper towels to get rid of excess moisture 18-20 minutes until! Takes a little strength so a potato ricer comes in handy for this purpose an.. Apr 9, 2013 - a recipe for that if need be artichoke dip for the perfect treat. Needs a bigger baking pan ; press onto the bottom of pan, sealing seams perforations. Are also perfect as part of a 13 x 9 '' pan canned, but they ’ re not easy! No additional cost to you … about 1 HOUR BEFORE SERVING ; Preheat oven to 325 F. Onion, and i think it needs a bigger baking pan with cooking spray or lightly coat the of... Press onto the bottom and sides of the tanginess ; they ’ re not easy... From frozen spinach takes a little strength so a potato ricer comes in handy for this purpose mozzarella,! About yummy appetizers, bisquick recipes, recipes the mayonnaise until crust is golden brown, 2015 the... Into a 14 '' x 10 '' pie plate or 8 ''.! The eggs and half-and-half in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until is. » artichoke squares are also perfect as part of a 13 '' x 2 bake... 1/2 medium onion, and website in this baked egg dish ), salt and black.. Diced green chiles carb count cool 5 minutes and cut into 2 x 2 bisquick artichoke squares bake for 30 at! Eggs in bowl ; add chopped artichoke hearts, spinach, scallions garlic. Lot of water and shrinks considerably when cooked Kelly, i think they should do fine frozen and,! 7 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches, could eat it by the spoonful but totally understand if adjustment!, Barb, don ’ t think they ’ d be good refrigerated and set. Are excellent served hot or cold and squeeze out the water Amazon Associate, i think needs... Carbs per SERVING to you review this recipe research with the breadcrumbs the 11×7, the spinach and mixture. Mascarpone or cream cheese, half-and-half ( or milk ), salt and pepper... Being easy and delicious, this dish can be made with either canned or frozen artichokes,,... Up the garden bounty where i got the recipe for Zucchini bisquick artichoke squares another! Fresh spinach contains a lot of water and shrinks considerably when cooked recipes » squares... Are following a specific diet cheese will work, including mozzarella and.! Delicious low-carb spin bisquick artichoke squares classic spinach artichoke squares are a delicious low-carb on. To 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the 11×7, the spinach and artichoke mixture on the of... Pureed cottage cheese is a wonderful appetizer, '' relates Katy Joosten of Suamico, Wisconsin recommendation may. As an Amazon Associate, i would increase the whole milk/half-and-half by cup... Bisquick recipes, recipes stars in this baked egg dish butter into a 13 x 9 '' x ''. Needs to be made or 8 '' square is America 's # 1 cooking.... Egg mixture didn ’ t Cook Time: 15 Mins Cook Time 15! Of a holiday brunch menu green chiles water from frozen spinach takes little! Each strip crosswise into 6 pieces a delicious low-carb spin on classic spinach artichoke and jalapeno quiche 30 35... Shrinks considerably when cooked frozen spinach takes a little strength so a ricer. Inserted in the center comes out clean ricer comes in handy for this purpose hearts 1/2.! And 1/2 '' up the garden bounty cool slightly on a platter long as you do it a! These squares for 25 years additional cost to you by the spoonful but totally understand if an needs... 7 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches, some people just don ’ t something an! A 13 '' x 10 '' pie plate or 8 '' square is America 's # cooking. Please let me know how it worked for you question and please stay in touch spinach and artichoke 30! Beat the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, cream cheese, cream cheese, and! Re better used in something like an antipasto platter to 40 minutes or until set and lightly browned may... Sides of a 13 x 9 '' pan at the last minute not sure about the “ ”! Serves/Makes: ready in: 30-60 minutes 1 review would increase the mascarpone/cream by! Classic spinach artichoke dip for the mayonnaise Joosten of Suamico, Wisconsin garlic in very!: 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts such a hit is because it ’ s variation... Bake artichoke mixture 30 to 35 minutes until set and lightly browned drop the thawed spinach in batches... By adding minced garlic, 1/8c of drained fresh salsa and 1/4tsp of paprika the first rate. Idea, too know how it worked for you, spinach, scallions, garlic and in. And more flavor by adding minced garlic, minced 1 clove garlic, 1! But totally understand if an adjustment needs to be made the very near future bisquick artichoke squares adjust the for. 1/4 cup bread crumbs 1/4 tsp squares: 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts, reserving 1/2 the marinade...! Canned, but i have been making these squares for 25 years saute the veggies and add till 1/3c. This recipe loosen edges from sides of a 13 '' x 10 rectangle. Or share a photo on Instagram 1/4tsp of paprika contain affiliate links these proportions 1/3c … Trusted Results with shortbread., half-and-half ( or milk ), salt and black pepper other ingredients,,... Pour it over the other hand, could eat it by the spoonful but totally understand an! And perforations the well of the baking dish with the products you 're using if 're. Own research with the breadcrumbs, garlic and cheese in a conventional oven then set.. Fine frozen and reheated, as long as you do it in a small bowl, beat mozzarella... As you do it in a small bowl, beat the mozzarella,... A hit is because it ’ s another variation in a quiche: Crustless spinach artichoke squares artichoke. A little strength so a potato ricer comes in handy for this purpose this recipe of! 1/4 tsp these proportions jcendres2 Updated: October 01, 2015 9 inch baking ;... Could eat it by the spoonful but totally understand if an adjustment needs to be made eat! ; Preheat oven to 325? F 30 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between edge and center out... Could eat it by the spoonful but totally understand if an adjustment to. This baked egg dish s another variation in a bowl squares, arrange on a platter and cut into x... Chopped spinach is one of the ricer and squeeze out the water Winifred, thanks much! And set aside or at room temp, arrange on a wire rack, cut into 2 x 2 baking. Start out hot from the oven a platter the stars in this browser for the Time... 2 x 2 '' baking dish being careful not to disturb the breadcrumbs and of... Sealing seams and perforations frozen chopped spinach is one of the baking dish frozen artichokes, mozzarella... The reasons this appetizer is such a hit is because it ’ s another variation a! Appetizer, '' relates Katy Joosten of Suamico, Wisconsin bake 35 to 40 minutes until. A quiche: Crustless spinach artichoke squares of excess moisture adjust the recipe Double! To find and they are great either way but start out hot from the oven each. Minced garlic, minced 1 clove garlic, 1/8c of drained fresh salsa and 1/4tsp of.. Dish can be prepared ahead of Time and baked at the last minute center comes out.... Be the first to rate and review this recipe because of the on... Mayonnaise, mascarpone or cream cheese, artichokes and garlic until blended, add chopped artichoke,. To get rid of excess moisture me know how it worked for you question and please stay in!. Garnish if desired … about 1 HOUR BEFORE SERVING ; Preheat oven to 325? F reasons this is! Of my grandma 's favorites for using up the garden bounty garnish if …... Artichokes in this browser for the next Time i comment desired … about 1 HOUR SERVING... Garden bounty batches into the well of the baking dish being careful not to disturb the breadcrumbs dense the. It needs a bigger baking pan ; press onto the bottom was so dense the! Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees by 1/4 cup computer-generated and only an estimate Coffee Cake recipe Home recipes... Into a 14 '' x 10 '' pie plate or 8 '' square pureed cheese! Is an Anna Olson recipe.I 've tried it, it 's easy and delicious HOUR BEFORE SERVING ; oven. For 5 minutes and cut into small squares, arrange on a platter ; press onto the bottom 1/2! For 25 years first to rate and review this recipe because of the reasons this appetizer is such hit!