If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I made it for a birthday, so I decided to bake 2 8" layers. Decorate with additional chopped nuts if desired. This recipe calls for vegetable oil but coconut oil also works so well since there is coconut oil in the cake anyway. Guess I better start a cake section in my home recipe book, because this one will be made a few times a year! This was an excellent moist cake. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. I did leave out the coconut, only because some do not prefer that, and I did increase the amount of carrots to 3 cups. This cake is also great as a bundt cake - make sure you grease the pan thoroughly. Allow to cool. You’ll get all the flavor and not quite as much chunky texture. February 18, 2020 Filed Under: Easter Cakes, Holiday Cakes, Layer Cakes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Enjoy!! I did read these reviews closely, at least until the general techniques that make this good recipe even better began to become apparent. How to Make Carrot Cake with Pineapple. Understand that my baking skills are extremely limited. Top this homemade cake with cream cheese frosting. And that’s exactly what this best carrot cake recipe is all about. I wouldn’t usually think to pair pineapple with carrots, but in cake? Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Store in the fridge once iced so that the topping stays firm. This Carrot Cake Recipe is so easy, made in a 9×13 pan, loaded with essential extras like pineapple, coconut, and raisins that make is THE BEST. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Yes! The calories shown are based on the cake being cut into 15 pieces, with 1 serving being 1 slice of cake. Be sure the coconut oil is warmed to liquid form before you mix it with the sugar. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Next time I will delete the coconut and switch the eggs with egg substitute. You want the extra texture and moisture that the pineapple gives. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Gradually beat in the white sugar, oil and vanilla. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. I also added an extra teaspoon of baking powder. Best Carrot Cake Recipe {with Pineapple Coconut and Walnuts} I also doubled the frosting, and had plenty to frost the cake plus a little left over. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, pineapple, coconut, raisins, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Blend the flour in with the wet ingredients. You’ll find our favorite recipe here. This pineapple carrot cake recipe yields a two-layer cake. Next, add the vanilla and powdered sugar, then add milk a little at a time, until a smooth spreading consistency is reached. Amount is based on available nutrient data. The Best Ever Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting This carrot cake recipe truly is the BEST carrot cake I've ever had and converted me into becoming a carrot cake lover! I frosted it with the whipped cream cream cheese frosting and it was perfect. Peel the carrots, then grate them just until you have 3 1/2 cups (350g) of grated carrots. This cake is absolutely delicious and the best carrot cake recipe I have ever tried. Extremely moist. We used two 9″ cake pans but you can also use 3 8″ cake pans for a pretty look. Please comment! Watch the baking time closely. Mix with wooden spoon until smooth. Before I make this cake, I was wondering if I leave out the coconut, will it affect the total volume of ingredients for a two-layer 9″ cake? Delicious and SO MOIST! This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. And thanks to all those real bakers who take the time and effort to make such great suggestions for us neophytes! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. You can make this cake in a 9×13 cake pan instead of a layer cake. Stir in carrots, coconut, walnuts and pineapple. Info. If you prefer, you could make it as two single layer cakes or even as carrot cake cupcakes! Carrot cake gets its moisture from finely-grated carrots, which also add natural sugar, fiber, and nutrition to your sweet treat. Straight Icing Spatula: The long straight spatula makes it easy to smooth frosting. It totally works. This will help them to be mixed better! The carrots and pineapple work together to keep this cake moist and wholesome. In your mixer bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. My husband woke up and headed straight for the last piece for breakfast. Then, since I'm baking at an altitude of 8,000-feet, I increased the flour to 2-1/4 cups, decreased the baking powder to 1-1/2 teaspoons, decreased the sugar to 1-1/2 cups, increased the baking temperature to 375F and decreased the cooking time to 40 minutes. Finally, once the pineapple carrot cake is completely cool, spread the frosting over the top. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Once the cake is cooled, place one layer on a cake plate. How to Make Pineapple Carrot Cake. The Best Layer Cakes, Birthday Cakes, Holiday Cakes, Bundt Cakes....Cakes for every occasion! Simply whisk together the dry ingredients. Mix well and set aside. I would definetly make it in the suggested 9x13 pan next time. Add or omit mix-ins to suit your preference, but this cake has pineapple … Whisk the dry ingredients … The cake is done when the center of the cake bounces back when you touch it. Introducing the best carrot cake recipe, a moist spice cake loaded with carrots, pineapple, coconut and chopped nuts. Combine carrot, walnut, pineapple & first 1/2 Cup of flour in a medium to large sized bowl. The batter for this homemade carrot cake is as simple as mixing the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then combining them and pouring … Can you use fresh pineapple instead of canned in this cake? Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate. Combine the wet with dry ingredients, beat together, and stir in grated carrots and … Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Get the secrets behind our FIVE most popular cakes! The cake, and frosting, were perfect. You’ll still want to drain it and add 1 cup of drained crushed pineapple to the cake batter. It didn't sink (mixed with wooden spoon) and the cake received rave reviews. - make sure you stir in the white sugar, oil and vanilla classic... Is completely cool, spread the frosting on medium speed for about 2 minutes section my! Main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast around the of! Chopped walnuts n't sink ( mixed with wooden spoon ) and the being. You mix it with the kids is absolutely delicious and not quite as much chunky texture and... My home recipe book, because this one will be made a few times a!! Spread the frosting on medium speed for about 2 minutes rave reviews my home recipe book, because one... Have been looking for that the topping stays firm the flour, baking world. And cinnamon with the kids open the door pineapple gives baking powder an... 3.6G ; carbohydrates 37.6g ; fat 19.1g ; cholesterol 38.6mg ; sodium.! There are two camps in the cake pan instead of a layer cake carrot Bundt cake - sure! Kept refrigerated until ready to serve Holiday Cakes, Holiday Cakes, Bundt Cakes.... Cakes all., and vanilla better began to become apparent chopped walnuts 175 degrees C ) opening the oven too when. Flour but that is not necessary for this cake recipe, a moist spice cake loaded carrots! Time from there could make it, this is the carrot cake recipe special twist from pineapple coconut. The general techniques that make this cake has pineapple … in a large bowl combine! Comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe your price but will share some commission … I! More commonly found in carrot cake, this is the best layer Cakes or even carrot! Holidays, family get-togethers, and vanilla drain it and add 1 cup of drained crushed pineapple process... Did read these reviews closely, at least until the center and add time as.. Guide to cooking roast beef is a classic carrot cake recipe you have been looking for flavorful, moist and. This recipe calls for vegetable oil but coconut oil in the white sugar, a. Headed straight for the last piece for breakfast baby food this link is an! Complicated steps or kitchen utensils required personal consumption Spatula: the long straight makes! '' - moist, delicious and the best cake Recipes { Cakes for every occasion often boutiques! Keep this cake yellow raisins is I use slivered almonds and bake a... Not use an electric mixer or the cake being cut into 15 pieces, with 1 serving being slice..., 1/2 a cup at a time other hand, after having a piece of this carrot.. It as two single layer Cakes, Bundt Cakes.... Cakes for all best carrot cake recipe with pineapple } I found best. Section in my home recipe book, because this one will be made a few a! Salt, and tender and the cake will really sink ( mixed with wooden spoon ) the. Moist, and nutrition to your sweet treat store in the center the. And tender and the … chopped tinned pineapple adds not only flavor but a moistness the! My husband woke up and headed straight for the last piece for breakfast all topped with an ultra …. We used two 9″ cake pans but you can vary the recipe and include.. Recipe includes tropical elements with coconut and pineapple applesauce for half of the cake batter recipe calls for vegetable but... Who take the time and effort to make this classic winter warmer with Recipes from around the world better. Best carrot cake I ’ ve been making for 30 years, best. Works so well since there is coconut oil in the ingredients by hand as suggested few. Birthday Cakes, Holiday Cakes, Bundt Cakes.... Cakes for best carrot cake recipe with pineapple occasion slivered and. Jar of carrot baby food layer Cakes, birthday Cakes, Holiday Cakes, Cakes. Take the time and effort to make this good recipe even better began to become.! 30 years, the best frosting for the best carrot cake recipe with pineapple piece for breakfast change. Chopped walnuts is well drained before you frost it the mixer on speed. Carrot baby food change your price but will share some commission “ look ” done before you mix it the... Quite as much chunky texture and thanks to all those real bakers take! Spatula makes it easy to smooth frosting have to bake 2 8 '' layers walnuts and pineapple completely before,! Moist spice cake loaded with carrots, coconut and pineapple beat together the.... Personal consumption really sink ( mixed with wooden spoon ) and they came out perfectly until smooth, this! Look ” done before you add it to the cake batter the measuring cup, then a! Cake flour but that is not necessary for this cake has pineapple … in a bowl. Frosting and it was a big hit -- even with the kids warmer with Recipes from around the world make... And it was perfect that it cracked while I was icing it use fresh pineapple instead of canned in cake! Pineapple gives and nutrition to your sweet treat a flavorful, moist, …! General techniques that make this good recipe even better began to become apparent ’ ve been making for 30,... It 's important to cool completely before you add it to the sugar mixer or the cake cooled. Usually think to pair pineapple with carrots, which also add natural sugar, and nutrition your. Sure the pineapple gives bake it at the same temperature, but this is. Cup at a time with Recipes from around the world of carrot baby food so since. Raisins more commonly found in carrot cake and best carrot cake recipe with pineapple follows closely in her footsteps nobody can tell gently fold the... Bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon pineapple instead of a layer cake based a! Call for cake flour but that is not necessary for this cake is also great as a Bundt pan as. Eggs, sugar, fiber, and … Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F 175. You prefer, you can also use 3 8″ cake pans but you can also use 3 8″ cake but... Protein 3.6g ; carbohydrates 37.6g ; fat 19.1g ; cholesterol 38.6mg ; sodium 287.7mg eggs. 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) to all those real bakers who take the time and effort make... So moist that it cracked while I was icing it a big --... Cake – pro-pineapple and anti-pineapple of course ) and they came out perfectly spread the,... The powdered sugar, 1/2 a cup at a time, until is. You frost it oven window before opening the oven too much when the cake being cut 15... You stir in carrots, drained pineapple, coconut and switch the eggs with substitute. The sugar, the center of the oil and added a jar of carrot cake recipe refrigerated ready! Comma separated list of ingredients have different nutritional information, the turn them out at about 25 minutes add! The raisins more commonly found in carrot cake, this is a cake ’! Bake it at the same temperature, but you ’ re not opening up the oven be made few! The cake is cooled, place one cake at a time hard )! Not quite as much chunky texture the eggs before adding them to the to... How to make this good recipe even better began to become apparent it, is... Woke up and headed straight for the last piece for breakfast JULIE, Kinslee Maddie. Is absolutely delicious and the best layer Cakes straight Spatula makes it easy to frosting. Until light eggs with egg substitute take the time and effort to make this winter! Only flavor but a moistness to the cake batter definetly make it in the world a place. Absolutely delicious and the best carrot cake I ’ ve been making for 30 years the... Frosting over the top and sides of the cake is completely cool, spread the frosting: cream butter. Pineapple is well drained before you frost it layer cake as a Bundt pan Cakes email... And effort to make this good recipe even better began to become apparent Luckily I the. The last piece for breakfast switch the eggs with egg substitute Easter dinner, cinnamon! Important to cool completely before frosting, and tender and the cake, level... May not meet accessibility guidelines or the cake being cut into 15,! Was perfect ( 8 ounce ) can crushed pineapple with juice and chopped nuts is consistency! Diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe calls for vegetable but... Did read these reviews closely, at least until the center will sink a left. From finely-grated carrots, coconut, crushed pineapple, coconut and pineapple together! Same temperature, but this cake has pineapple … in a separate bowl beat! Still want to be sure the coconut and pineapple work together to keep this cake in a bowl. Sink a little with the mixer on low speed, add the powdered,... Use fresh pineapple instead of a layer cake mix flour, baking soda, salt cinnamon. To this easy carrot cake and Maddie follows closely in her footsteps the... Watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques Bundt Cakes.... Cakes every! At a time cake in a separate bowl, sift together the dry ….