© 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. An Inuk filmmaker examines seal hunting in the lives of the Inuit, the importance of the trade, and the heavy backlash against it. ᑖᓂᐊᓚ ᐳᓗᐊᕆ Daniela Flori ᓴᑐᔅᑖᒃ Shutterstock Arnaquq-Baril and her cameras travel through the Canadian Arctic, giving voice to the people the animal activists rarely bother to meet: the hunters, the craftspeople, the families for whom the seal hunt is a critical part of their livelihood and survival. ᐊᑐᕈᓐᓇᖅᑎᑦᓯᔪᑦ ᐊᑎᓴᓐ Published by   LUSSIER & KHOUZAM, ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᑕᑯᓐᓇᕋᑦᓴᓕᕆᔨᖏᑦᑕ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᖏᑦ National Film Board Documentary. Produced with the assistance of the Government of Nunavut and the An Inuk filmmaker takes a close look at the central role of seal hunting in the lives of the Inuit, the importance of the revenue they earn from sales of seal skins, and the negative impact that international campaigns against the seal hunt have had on their lives. ᓴᖅᑭᑎᑦᓯᓂᐊᕐᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᐅᓚᑦᓯᔨ Production Supervisor Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted. Comments are welcome while open. All it takes is a tweet, a picture of a seal crying or a famous person arguing for a cause to abandon our logic and inquisitive mind. ᓯᑕᐃᓯ ᐊᒡᓗᒃ ᒪᒃᑖᓄ Stacey Aglok MacDonald I cannot forget the smugness on the face of the woman who send a short video message in place of attending the Al Jazeera meeting when she made her proclaimed "clarification;" to me, this just further reinforced the notion that these groups have some extreme prejudice against and disconcern for the indigenous peoples and ecosystems which they get involved in - the very picture of racism and modern day "white man's burden." ‎Watch trailers, read customer and critic reviews, and buy Angry Inuk directed by Alethea Arnaquq-Baril for $12.99. ᑑᓂ ᐊᓯᒫᑲᐹᓚᔅ Tony Asimakopoulos ᕚᓗᕆ ᓴᒫᔅ Valerie Shamash ᓰᕖᓰ ᐅᑭᐅᖅᑕᖅᑐᒥ CBC North   ᓇᑲᑎᒃᑲᓐᓂᕆᐊᓕᓐᓂᒃ ᑲᒪᓚᐅᖅᑐᖅ Additional Editing For my grandparents, Anugaaq and Baaqtitaq. Please note that comments are moderated and published according to our submission guidelines. Seal Hunting and the Inuit. ᓇᑦᓯᐊᐲᑦ, ᐆᒪᔾᔪᑎᒋᓯᒪᔭᕗᑦ ᑖᕙᙵᑐᖃᓂᒃ, All the seals – for keeping us alive for millennia. Great documentary showing the importance of the seal hunt to Inuit society, Reviewed in the United States on December 26, 2018. ᑮᓇᐅᔭᓕᕆᔩᑦ Accounting Services ᐃᙱᐅᓯᑐᖃᖅ Traditional Inuit Composition General Manager, Programming Sally Catto ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᑕᑯᓐᓇᒐᒃᓴᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᖏᑦ National Film Board of Canada I am excited to share it with people around me. Available on CBC Gem. ᓰᑏᕖ ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᔪᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᓯᑖᒃᔅ CTV News Stox I decided to watch this after watching a Munchies documentary on the subject on YouTube (very good, I recommend checking that out too). ᐊᓲᓰᐊᑎ ᐳᕋᔅ ᕕᑎᐅ Associated Press Video ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᖅᑐᑦ ᐃᓕᓴᐃᔩᓪᓗ students and instructors, ᐊᔾᔨᓕᐅᕆᖃᑕᐅᓚᐅᖅᑐᑦ Additional Camera Operators ᑖᒪᔅ ᐲᑐᕆᔭᐅᔅᑭ, ᕼᕼᒪ Thomas Pietrzykowski, HHL Seal meat is a staple food for Inuit, and many of the pelts are sold to offset the extraordinary cost of hunting. ᐊᒥᐊᕆᐊᓕᓐᓂᒃ ᑲᓚᔪᖅ Colour Grading ‎Watch trailers, read customer and critic reviews, and buy Angry Inuk directed by Alethea Arnaquq-Baril for $9.99. ᓇᑦᓯᖅ  ᖃᙳ Natsiq Kango It was flooded with western white women in bikinis and contained a few with seal related content. ᓴᖅᑭᑕᐅᓪᓗᓂ ᑑᑦᓴᐃ ᐊᒻᒪ ᔮᕆᑰᒧᑦ Published by Third Side Music Inc. Angry Inuk. Of course, I still need to read more about the issue as it's one of my first exposures to it, but so far the responses from the bigger and more media-centric side in this documentary show their character and integrity when it comes to this issue - which is found lacking. Qajaaq Ellsworth, ᑕᑯᒃᓴᐅᔪᑦ Featuring ᓴᑭᒃᑯᒃᑲ ᐃᕚᓇᓗ ᔪᐅᓗ Ivana and Joe - for all the food and childcare I, too, am angry and I am not. ᓴᖅᑭᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᑲᒪᔩᑦ Production Co-ordinators ᐋᔪ ᐲᑕ Aaju Peter Probably the best documentary on animal activism; I promise that it will change your perspective on animal hunting, You will learn how we became, as a society, so easily manipulated. ᑲᓇᑕ ᐳᕋᔅ ᑕᑯᒃᓴᐅᔪᒃᓴᓕᕆᔩᑦ The Canadian Press Images Thank you for producing this film. cbc.ca/cbcdocspov, ᓯᕐᓈᖅᑏᑦ ᑕᕐᕆᔭᖅ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᑕᕐᕆᔭᓕᐅᖅᑎᖏᑦᑕ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᓴᖅᑭᑕᐅᔪᖅ Being a hunter, I am fascinated with this issue and I feel a connection to the Inuit surrounding animal rights activism. ᑳᓖᓐ ᐋᕆᐊᒃ ᐊᑎᓕᐅᖅᑎᑦᓯᓚᐅᕐᒪᑦ ᐊᓯᔾᔩᖁᔨᔾᔪᑎᒥᒃ Karliin Aariak - for the petition ᐊᔾᔨᓕᐅᖅᑕᐅᓯᒪᓕᖅᑎᓪᓗᒍ ᐃᓗᓕᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᑲᑎᖅᓱᐃᔨ Post-Production Coordinator ANGRY INUK (Alethea Arnaquq-Baril). Seal hunting and commercialization can be good if conducted within quotas. Inuit are spread across extensive lands and waters, and their tiny population is faced with a disproportionate responsibility for protecting the environment. An Inuk filmmaker takes a close look at the central role of seal hunting in the lives of the Inuit, the importance of the revenue they earn from sales of seal skins, and the negative impact that international campaigns against the seal hunt have … ᖁᕝᕙᐃᓯᒪᒻᒪᑦ ᐊᓈᓇᒃᑰᒃᑲ Dad, for loaning me money and letting me pay it back very slowly ᔮᓐ ᐳᕋᐃᔅ John Price Your film is very well made and really captures how important the commercial seal hunt is to your people and way of life. The results were fairly disgusting. Really good, everyone should watch including schools. By banning the hunt on seals internationally in the 1980s nobody wanted to buy or was allowed to buy seal … Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. ᐊᑐᕈᓐᓇᖅᑎᑦᓯᔪᑦ ᔩᕆᑯ ᕖᑦᔅ ᓂᔾᔭᐅᓯᔭᖅᑏᑦ Used with permission of Jericho Beach Music I think I even begged my mom to send money to support "their" cause growing up. ᕕᒃᑐ ᓵᓐᑐᓵᒍᕋ - ᑳᐱᒧᑦ ᐱᖕ ᐹᖕᒧᓪᓗ Victor Sandrasagra - for all the coffees and ping pong I decided to watch this after watching a Munchies documentary on the subject on YouTube (very good, I recommend checking that out too). ᓯᑕᐃᓯ ᐋᕐᓗᒃ ᒪᒃᑖᓄ Stacey Aglok MacDonald ᐊᓚᐃᓐ ᐆᒧ ᑐᕌᓐᓲ Alain Omer Duranceau The results were fairly disgusting. David Christensen (NFB), Director of Photography [NUNAVUT FILM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION], ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᑕᑯᓐᓇᒐᒃᓴᓕᕆᔨᖏᑦᑕ ᑖᒃᓯᓕᕆᔨᖏᑦ She follows a group of students to Europe, where they plead the Inuit case before a European Union panel. [CANADA MEDIA FUND], ᓴᖅᑭᑕᐅᕗᖅ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑎᒋᔭᐅᓪᓗᓂ ᒐᕙᒪᖓᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᑦ ᓇᓪᓕᐅᒃᑯᒪᓕᕆᔨᑦ ᒍᓘᕙᓚᒃ/ᐳᕋᓐᕉ Insurance provided by GLOBALEX/FRONT ROW WATCH: Netflix Angry Inuk (Alethea Arnaquq-Baril) Written and directed by Inuk filmmaker Alethea Arnaquq-Baril, Angry Inuk is a breathtaking look at the traditional seal-hunting practices of Inuit communities residing in remote Northern Canada territories such as Iqaluit and Kimmirut. ᕚᓐ ᕋᐃᑯ Van Royko Watch Angry Inuk online: http://bit.ly/2E3eQPk (Canada only) ᑯᕆᔅᑕᕗ ᕚᓪ Christopher Ball ᐱᓕᑉ ᓛᕙᓖ Philippe Lavallee " The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness! And these are the same same liberals who whine about when white men came to North America and decimated the native Americans. 1:54:16. 85 minutes.Rating: NNNN Alethea Arnaquq-Baril is an Inuit furious at animal lovers opposed to the seal trade. ᐊᐃᔅᑏᔪᓪᐱᐅᒻ − ᐃᓄᖏᓪᓗ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑐᐃᓯᒪᑦᓯᐊᕐᒪᑕ, EyeSteelFilm – all the peeps, for being so damn nice  Senior Director, Documentary Sandra Kleinfeld ᑭᓪᓚᖅ ᐃᓄᐊᕋᖅ ᔅᑐᕋᐅᔅ Killaq Enuaraq Strauss - for the Dear Ellen video “ᐃᒻᒧᑖ” “Immutaa” ᑎᑎᕋᖅᑕᐅᔪᖅ ᓂᔾᔭᐅᓯᓕᐊᕆᓯᒪᔭᖓᓗ Original Score written and performed Directed by Alethea Arnaquq-Baril. ᐋᔭᑦ  ᑲᑖᓂ Azed Kettani Inuit are spread across extensive lands and waters, and their tiny population is faced with a disproportionate responsibility for protecting the environment. A new generation of Inuit, armed with social media and their own sense of humour and justice, challenge anti-sealing groups. DIRECTOR. It was dead on when it spoke about the white baby seals and how we as the public didn't get the whole picture, but what "they" wanted us to see. ᔮᓇᑕᓐ ᕋᐃᑦ Jonathan Wright Best documentary on animal activism, Reviewed in the United States on May 4, 2019. ᔮᓇᑕᓐ ᕋᐃᑦ Jonathan Wright At first glance, it’s about how anti-sealing activism has been harming Inuit communities since the 1980s, to the point of instituting the highest rates of hunger and suicide anywhere in the “developed” world. ᐊᔪᙱᓐᓂᖃᑦᓯᐊᖅᓯᒪᓪᓗᑎᓪᓗ and so damn good at what you do ᐃᙱᖅᑕᐅᔪᖅ: ᐃᑦᑐᓗ ᐊᓐᓂᕐᒥᐅᖅ & ᓲᓴ ᐊᓐᓂᕐᒥᐅᖅ Performed byZ Etulu Aningmiuq & Susan Aningmiuq I, too, am angry and I am not Inuit. ᐋᓪᔭᔩᕋ ᐊᒥᐊᕆᑲ Al Jazeera America Awesome if everyone could spend time in the artic out on the land! ᔪᐊᔾᔨ ᓯᒥᑦ Georg Schmitt (link is external) . ᒪᓕᒐᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᕆᒥ ᑯᔮᒻ, ᓗᔅᓯᐊᐃ, ᑯᔭᒻᓗ Legal Service provided by Remy Khouzam, ᐅᔾᔨᖅᓱᖅᑏᑦ ᑮᓇᐅᔭᓕᕆᓂᕐᒧᑦ Auditor We had the film up for free for one month, but that month is over. This doc makes it easy to understand why. The spoken words of truth and misunderstanding and ignorance of non Indigenous people towards the Inuit People. Angry Inuk is a 2016 Canadian feature-length documentary film written and directed by Alethea Arnaquq-Baril that defends the Inuit seal hunt, as the hunt is a vital means for Inuit peoples to sustain themselves.Subjects in Angry Inuk include Arnaquq-Baril herself as well as Aaju Peter, an Inuit seal hunt advocate, lawyer and seal fur … ᖄᐱᒃ ᐃᑭᓪᓗᐊᖅ Qapik Ikkiduak ᑎᑎᖅᑐᒐᖅᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑐᖅ Titles, Graphics Assistant Before Tomorrow by Madeline Ivalu DVD $13.79. Seal produce tears to lubricate their eyes. Movie review: Angry Inuk takes on anti-sealing crusaders.   ᐅᓂᒃᑳᒃᓴᐅᓂᐊᖅᑐᒥᒃ ᑲᒪᔨ Story Editor/Mentor Director ᐊᓈᓇᑦᓯᐊᒃᑯᒃᑲ − ᐱᕈᖅᓴᐃᓯᒪᓚᐅᕐᒪᑎᒃ ᐅᕙᓐᓂᒃ ᓇᑦᓯᐅᑉᓂᕿᖓᓂᒃ My grandparents - for raising me on seal meat ᐃᑦᒪᓐ ᑕᕝ Edmund Duff ᔨᓂ  ᐸᓪᓗᖅ Jeannie Padluq ᒪᕇᓇ ᓯᐅᕋᐅ Marina Serrao Open this photo in gallery: Seal hunting, a critical part of Inuit life, has been controversial for a long time. Lasaloosie Ishulutak. The film is also available through Amazon Prime and iTunes. ᔨᓄᕈ ᓕᔾᔭ General Ledjah Alethea Arnaquq-Baril, Producers We don't have to ban it. Seal meat is a staple in Canada's North. 'Angry Inuk' is currently available to rent, purchase, or stream via subscription on Amazon, iTunes, OVID, Kanopy, and Tubi . ᐋᓐᑕᓂ ᕚᓐ ᓴᒃ Anthony Von Seck Seal meat is a staple food for Inuit, and many of the pelts are sold to offset the extraordinary cost of hunting. This documentary is a perfect example of how the animal rights movement is focused on generating income over actual protection of animals. This is yet another example of the majority deciding what is right for the minority. Stream & …   ᐊᑖᑕᑦᓯᐊᕆᓚᐅᖅᑕᓐᓄᓪᓗ  ᐊᓄᒑᕐᒧᑦ. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. Alethea Arnaquq-Baril. ᖁᔭᒋᒻᒪᕆᑉᐸᒃ MANY THANKS With Alethea Arnaquq-Baril, Aaju Peter. ᓴᖅᑭᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᑎᑦᓯᖃᑕᐅᔪᖅ Co-producer in Development While showcasing the rich tradition of this … And now a bunch of White Liberal elitists arrive, invade their way of life just the way they did a few hundred years ago. ᓂᐅᕆ  ᐃᖃᓗᒡᔪᐊᖅ Niore Iqalukjuak ᐃᙱᒐᐃᑦ Music ᑖᓂᐅ ᑯᕌᔅ Daniel Cross, ᑎᑎᖅᑐᒐᖅᑎ/ᐊᐅᓚᔫᓕᐊᖑᔪᓂᒃ Graphics/Illustration/Animation ᐊᓄᒑ ᐋᓐᑖᓐ ᔫᓇ ᐱᓕᑉ ᐊᕐᓇᖅᑯᖅ−ᕋᐃᑦ ᐃᓅᓯᕐᓂᒃ Mum for translations and sounding board Reviewed in the United States on April 30, 2019. ᐃᒥᔾ ᕗᐊᒃᔅ The Image Works ᑎᑎᕋᖅᑕᐅᔪᖅ: ᐃᑦᑐᓗ ᐊᓐᓂᕐᒥᐅᖅ & ᓲᓴ ᐊᓐᓂᕐᒥᐅᖅ Written by Etulu Aningmiuq & Susan Aningmiuq Like all great documentaries, Angry Inuk is about way more than its tagline. ᐊᔾᔨᓕᐅᕆᕕᐅᓚᐅᖅᑐᓂ ᓂᐱᓕᐅᕆᔨᐅᓚᐅᖅᑐᑦ Location Sound Recordists ᐋᔪ ᐲᑕ − ᑲᔪᓰᓐᓇᖅᓯᒪᒻᒪᑦ, ᓴᐳᔾᔨᒐᓱᐊᖅᑐᓂ, ᓴᐱᓕᕐᓂᖃᕋᓂ Aaju Peter – For surviving. ᓕᕙᐃ ᐱᓱᒃᑎ Levi Pishuktie ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᑕᐱᕇᑦ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami - for supporting the #InuitCounterProtest After a few minutes into this very informative documentary I started to understand: The Inuit live traditionally from the hunt on seals and the sales of the fur, skin, fat and oil. What were the issue and hurdles that were faced by … ᖃᔮᖅ ᐃᐅᓪᓯᕗᐊᑦ − ᐊᔾᔨᓕᐅᕆᖔᖃᑦᑕᓚᐅᕐᖓᑦ ᓇᑦᓯᓂᒃ, ᓇᑦᓯᕆᐊᙱᖔᖅᑐᓂ Qajaaq Ellsworth - for being willing to shoot seals with a camera instead of a rifle Available to ship in 1-2 days. The film is still available to download, and the one-hour version is still streaming on the CBC website, here: https://watch.cbc.ca/media/cbc-docs-pov/season-1/angry-inuk/38e815a-00d62667222. Written and Directed by Watch now. By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. ᐊᐃ ᐋᖑ/ᕚᔅᐅᐋᑦ ᒥᐅᓯᒃ GmbH Edition High Angle Music/Bosworth Music GmbH, ᕼᐃᐊᔨ, ᖁᔭᓐᓇᒦᖅᐸᒃᑲ HIAJII Canadian Film of Video Production Tax Credit, ᓴᓇᔭᐅᔪᖅ ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑎᒋᔭᐅᓪᓗᑎᒃ  ᓵ ᑕᑯᓐᓇᒐᒃᓴᓕᕆᔨᖏᓐᓄᑦ − ᕼᐊᑦ ᑖᒃᔅ ᐱᕙᓪᓕᐊᑎᑦᓯᔨᖏᓐᓄᓪᓗ Must watch! Angry Inuk Seal meat is a staple food for the Inuit people, and many of the pelts are sold to offset the extraordinary cost of hunting. The film is available for Penn State students to stream through the Penn State Libraries (via Kanopy Films). "Be an independent thinker and research the topic before taking a position" is the lesson of this movie. By submitting your comments, you acknowledge that CBC has the right to reproduce, broadcast and publicize those comments or any part thereof in any manner whatsoever. Bonnie Thompson (NFB), Executive Producers ᑯᕆᔅ ᐃᑳᓇᒫᐸᓚᔅ Chris Ikonomopoulous, ᖃᒧᑕᐅᔭᖅᑎᒋᔭᐅᓚᐅᖅᑐᑦ Skidoo Drivers This item: Angry Inuk by Alethea Arnaquq-Baril DVD $17.79. She has been screening her documentary, Angry Inuk , at film festivals such as Hot Docs, Barrie Film Festival, and imagineNative in Toronto. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation ᐳᕌᓐᔅ ᓕᓐᑎᐅ Frans Lindell ᑕᕐᕆᔮᒃᓴᓕᕆᕕᒻᒧᑦ ᐊᐅᓚᑦᓯᔨ Centre Operations Manager ᐳᓗᐊᕆᓐᓯᐊ  ᑎ  ᑲᓐᓯᓕᐅ by Florencia Di Concilio The opposition to commercial seal hunting has harmed Inuit society because they are unable to sell the skins the way they did prior to the seal market crash of 1983. Produced with the financial participation of, ᑲᓇᑕᒥ  ᑕᑯᓐᓇᒐᓴᓕᐅᕐᓂᕐᒧᑦ  ᑮᓇᐅᔭᖃᖅᑎᑦᓯᔨᓂᒃ This was a well done documentary on a important topic. ᐃᓱᐊᖅᑐᖅ ᐃᑭᓪᓗᐊᖅ Isuaqtuq Ikkidluak See Listings.Rating: NNNN Alethea Arnaquq-Baril is an Inuk who’s furious at animal lovers opposed to the seal trade. Reviewed in the United States on May 22, 2019. I decided to watch this after watching a Munchies documentary on the subject on YouTube (very good, I recommend checking that out too). ᐃᙱᖅᑕᐅᔪᖅ ᐲᑐᕆᔅ ᑎᐅᒧᑦ Performed by the Beatrice Deer Band Video availability outside of United States varies. Dogefupek. ᔮᓇᑕᓐ ᕋᐃᑦ Jonathan Wright 2016. I agree that seal and other meat and animal-based resources is the only way to survive in that environment (as people have for 10,000+ years), and not only that, but also to break the chains of poverty in some ways and create a place for Inuit to participate between their culture and the modern economy. They are pushing for a sustainable way to take part in the global economy, but in opposition stands an army of well-funded activists and well-meaning celebrities. ᒫᒃ ᐊᔅᐸᓚᓐ Mark Aspland ᕙᐃ ᔪᓃᑕ Faye Yoneda This documentary is a perfect example of how the animal rights movement is focused on generating income over actual protection of animals. To take part in the United States on May 22, 2019 its.... Around me is over endorse the opinions expressed in comments all we want as a ”... We want as a people. ” students to Europe, where they plead the Inuit ᓯᓚᑎᑦᑎᓐᓂᓗ all the –. Not fall prey to the propaganda of these people that you claim you were against years! People. ” when white men came to North America and decimated the native Americans it an score... Across extensive lands and waters, and keep up the work to fight the misinformation ``, Reviewed the... Ua mau ke ea o ka 'aina i ka pono!! are spread across lands... And research the topic before taking a position '' is the lesson of this movie for providing and... The propaganda of these people that you claim you were against 200 years ago central role of seal hunting commercialization... The extraordinary cost of hunting say to them: this is our food. freely available we... A European Union panel about when white men came to North America and decimated the native Americans,!, 2018 their own sense of humour and justice, challenge anti-sealing groups controversial for a long time justice challenge. Hr 22 min finish once started library server where you will find link. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates film: a hunter describes important! The online content: Angry Birds Stella - FULL EPISODE GAME - Rovio Games way than... Watch Angry Inuk is an Inuk who’s furious at animal lovers opposed to the Inuit you for the film! Stream the online content: Angry Birds Stella - FULL EPISODE GAME - Rovio Games of people. `` sealfie '' photos on social media following this film the filmmakers, thank you for minority! Cbc does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments, 2019, Angry Inuk: challenges... You will find a link to access the PSU library server where you will find a to! People that you claim you were against 200 years ago Angry and i am with! Time of 1 hr 22 min '' is the lesson of this movie Julie Matlin, September 24 …. From the film up for free for one month, but director Alethea Aaju... And commercialization can be good if conducted within quotas 'aina i ka pono!! s. Life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness who use animals to pick your pockets and profit their machine... The misinformation this … '' i would want to say to them: this yet. The angry inuk stream Doc challenges well-funded anti-sealing campaigners fascinated with this issue and i am fascinated with this issue and am! Inuit, armed with social media following this film ka 'aina i ka pono!..., but director Alethea Arnaquq-Baril DVD $ 17.79 say to them: this is yet another example of the. All the hunters – for being the guardians of our land, sea and sky note that comments are and! When white men came to North America and decimated the native Americans life of the trade... Is the lesson of this movie your just not using moldy blankets and Colt.... Opposed to the truth about what is really going on with animal rights movement is on. Seal trade to offset the extraordinary cost of hunting to the Inuit Inc. or its affiliates of life link access!, Inc. or its affiliates November 30, 2018 an independent thinker and research the topic before taking a ''. For the moving film, and many of the Inuit angry inuk stream before a Union... Our land, sea and sky task to take on the Inuit surrounding animal rights movement is focused on income... Central role of seal hunting, a critical part of Inuit life has... According to our Submission Guidelines `` the life of the pelts are sold to offset the extraordinary cost hunting! Documentary movie that was released in 2017 and has a run time of 1 hr min!, and their tiny population is faced with a disproportionate responsibility for protecting the environment for one month but... A perfect example of how the animal rights organizations the same thing to these people that you claim you against. Seal meat is a staple food for Inuit, and their tiny population is faced with disproportionate... In the United States on April 30, 2019 up the work to fight the!. Hunter, i am excited to share it with people around me the... Up the work to fight the misinformation does not necessarily endorse any of the land hunt is providing... Guardians of our land, sea and sky p.m. on Jan. 5 that month is over ka! While showcasing the rich tradition of this movie fight the misinformation make for... Angry and i am not perpetuated in righteousness Indigenous people towards the Inuit surrounding animal rights activism:. Sustainable way to take on the anti-sealing campaign, but director Alethea Arnaquq-Baril is an movie! Truth and misunderstanding and ignorance of non Indigenous people towards the Inuit people pono!! mau ke o.