The ultimate mini-tater tots regularly get made in our house. Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees. Both machines will work great at air frying your chicken exactly how you want it to be. But here are few points to keep in mind. Ingredients. So, how do you cook chicken drumsticks in the air fryer? Add the chicken drumsticks into the air fryer in one single layer and cook for 15 minutes. Prepare: Pat chicken dry and place in either a large, food storage bag or a large bowl. The simple list of ingredients is easy to stock and can be modified to suit your taste. Cook 20 minutes. Just set it at the required temperature and begin your cooking. Arrange on a single layer as best you can. Subject the chicken to a temperature of 400F for about 15 minutes. https://www.recipethis.com/southern-air-fried-chicken-drumsticks It could take longer depending on your brand of air fryer so do check with the thermometer and cook longer if needed. I love fried chicken. ), and so many other foods are cooked quickly, easily, and with far less oil in the air fryer. How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Legs. Pour oil over chicken and coat. Make sure the chicken is at room temperature. Here my friends are where these super Air Fryer Chicken Legs come into the picture. If you’re new to the air frying game then I’ve got some information for you. Add seasoning and toss to coat. The problem is, fried chicken is just typically a very unhealthy option to have in my diet regularly. But now I am obsessed with air fryer chicken drumsticks. How Long Should I Air Fry Chicken Drumsticks? Fried chicken might just be one of the most delicious foods I can think of. Remove the chicken legs and put them in a plate; There is no need to preheating the air fryer. I don’t know about you but I am obsessed with how to air fry everything nowadays! Also, if you own a Ninja Foodi, you can also use that, on the Air Fryer setting. If using frozen chicken, thaw it before cooking. The skin gets nice and crisp and the chicken is juicy and flavorful. To bake chicken drumsticks in the oven, you’ll coat them with the same spices and baking powder combo as the air fryer method. How to make air fryer chicken legs. https://tastyairfryerrecipes.com/keto-air-fryer-chicken-drumsticks-recipe Preheat: Preheat air fryer according to machine’s instructions or at 390 for 3-5 minutes. When things like chicken legs or thighs go on sale at the grocery store, my immediate thought is to batter and deep fry them for a wonderful fried chicken meal. I also love how the Air Fryer preheats so much faster, so I can have dinner on the table a lot quicker. These Air Fryer Chicken Legs (Drumsticks) come out delightfully crispy and full of flavor in about 30 minutes.They are the perfect way to get fried chicken flavor without using breading or added grains. Take the basket out and brush all of the chicken legs with BBQ sauce. Don’t forget to bust out your favorite hot sauce! Then pause the AirFryer and brush drumsticks with melted butter on both sides. Use fresh or frozen chicken legs. Once 25 minutes is up, brush BBQ Sauce over all the pieces of chicken. Try these Air Fryer Chicken Legs for a healthier alternative to fried chicken. How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Legs. Contents hide. Although I highly recommend the air fryer method, you can also make buffalo chicken legs in the oven.. Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C. Dont forget to shake the basket a few times to allow the chicken to cook evenly. Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables – Air Fryer Fanatics. Helpful tips: Pat the chicken dry-Pat the chicken with paper towels because the drier the skin, the more crispy it will become as it cooks.Preheat the air fryer- Getting the air fryer up to temperature means it will be hot enough to cook the chicken until it’s crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. AIR FRYER DRUMSTICKS are really juicy and super easy to make thanks to the air fryer! Plus, we are using chicken drumsticks for a meatier meal! Melt the butter, and combine butter and hot sauce in a bowl to form a buffalo sauce. The air fryer should fit about a pound of chicken, but that could be anywhere from three to eight tenders depending on the size of the chicken strips. Turn chicken over halfway through to make sure both sides cook evenly. If you love chicken legs (and who doesn’t?! Your air fryer might take a bit longer than time listed. Unfortunately, most fried chicken recipes are loaded with carbs. This recipe calls for marinating the chicken legs in a seasoning, and then air frying them to a perfect crispy exterior. Air Fryer Chicken Legs Recipe. They are golden, crispy, and are darn delicious! Make sure to not overcrowd the basket! Scroll down for full printable recipe, ingredients and video. The air fryer is officially my go-to kitchen appliance. All that great Buffalo Chicken Wing taste without the fat from deep frying. Cook in preheated air fryer basket for 20 minutes. https://stuffmattycooks.com/airfryer-chicken-air-fryer-recipe It would not cook the chicken evenly. We love chicken … Typically, I like to whip up my baked chicken legs. Put chicken in air fryer basket, skin-side-down, in a single layer. Turn the chicken over, lower the temperature to 350°F (180°C) and air fry for 7-10 more minutes or … It’ll just take a little big longer to cook. Chicken thighs are marinated in a maple-buttermilk mixture and crisped to perfection in the air fryer. Flip chicken and cook until 165°F on an instant read thermometer, 10-12 more minutes. This is a delicious meal that both kids and adults can agree on. Prep for Perfectly Cooked Chicken. When you buy an air fryer you quickly discover that they do more than frying. It keeps food healthy but you still get that crispy fast food or fair food taste we all love. Marinade your chicken drumsticks in your favorite sauce or just add some spices, olive oil and mix well. Season Chicken legs with BBQ Rub, making sure all pieces are fully covered. Add in the chicken legs and coat well. Put the chicken legs on the air fryer rack. Put the chicken in one layer in the Air Fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes. It’s essentially cooking at high temperatures with a high fan circulating the air. This recipe was designed to work with different types of air fryers - so the time listed is an estimate. For this chicken legs recipe, you require just a few ingredients- chicken and few pantry ingredients. Instructions: This recipe works for both homemade breaded chicken strips and store-bought frozen chicken tenders. My boys love them and they make for a dinner that I … Place the basket back into the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Buttermilk Air Fryer Chicken Legs Recipe. These air fryer honey mustard chicken legs might be the ultimate recipe in the air fryer though. Preheat Air Fryer to 400F/200C. Set the air fryer to 390° F and cook the chicken in a single layer. They are always sooooo juicy on the inside while nice and crispy on the outside. Place Chicken Drumsticks in Air Fryer and cook for 16-20 minutes. Once chicken is ready to go in, lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil. Air Fryer Panko Breaded Fried Chicken Drumsticks (Legs) is a quick and easy recipe that only requires a handful of ingredients, including, buttermilk, to produce crispy and crunchy chicken. Place in air fryer basket and cook for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. An air fryer is the perfect machine to get golden, crispy chicken legs every time! The Air Fryer Chicken Teriyaki Legs will need to be coated with sauce before […] Reply. Coat the chicken drumsticks with the oil mixture and massage into the drumsticks for a few minutes. However, ensure you leave some space in between the pieces of chicken. This helps the flavor really get into the chicken instead of just staying on the skins and falling off in the air fryer. The perfect low carb – Keto recipe for game day! This post will demonstrate how to cook chicken drumsticks using your Power Air Fryer, Cooks Essentials, or any air fryer brand for this recipe. When finished, the skin of the chicken should be very crispy. July 23, 2020 at 6:30 am […] you made this in a traditional air fryer, then you’d likely have the chicken and vegetables all … ), cooking them in the air fryer is a super easy way to feed your craving. Check the temperature of your chicken legs often while cooking - chicken is fully cooked at 175 degrees internal temperature. Crispy Brussels sprouts or zucchini chips come out perfect in the air fryer. 1 of 16 For anyone who loves dark meat, fried drumsticks are a favorite, but there are lots more ways to cook air fryer chicken legs. Air Fryer Chicken Legs are my go-to on a busy school night. Cook the chicken for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through. A slight overlap is ok. Lightly mist the chicken with cooking spray. Plus, bonus points – no oil! Mix oil, seasoning, and salt, if needed, together to create a paste-like mixture. The chicken emerges "subtly sweet, yet savory," says thedailygourmet. Oven baked method. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/272858/air-fryer-chicken-thighs Preheat air fryer basket to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Chicken legs, chicken wings, steak, bacon (yes, air fryer bacon! Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. These Buffalo Chicken Air Fryer Chicken Legs are perfect for beginners. They are crispy, crunchy and oh so delicious, without all the hassle of traditional frying. Air Fryer Fried Chicken Drumsticks. Rub the chicken legs with some salt and place them into the air fryer basket in a single layer. To be frank a lot depends on the size of your chicken legs or drumsticks. Hot air circulation technology in Air fryer cooks the chicken evenly and keeps it juicy. The two chicken quarters should not overlap. Air-frying frozen chicken is a strict No-No. In the same temperature, the chicken drumsticks actually take about 40 minutes to cook through and become golden and crispy. Preheat air fryer to 400F; Cook prepared legs (see below) for 25 minutes; Turn legs once during cooking; Cooking time on this one can be tricky. You can use any brand electric air fryer you have, or take out your Ninja Foodi so you too can make these air fryer chicken legs this week. 10 More Recipes for Air Fryer Chicken Legs. Game then I ’ ve got some information for you coated with before. Mix oil, seasoning, and are darn delicious an instant read thermometer, 10-12 more minutes with sauce [... Kitchen appliance Ninja Foodi, you require just a few ingredients- chicken and until! ’ t? maple-buttermilk mixture and massage into the picture chicken over halfway through melt the butter, and air. – air fryer chicken Teriyaki legs will need to be frank a quicker. And crisp and the chicken drumsticks in air fryer can have dinner on the size of chicken... Evenly and keeps it juicy to form a Buffalo sauce and few pantry.... Ensure you leave some space in between the pieces of chicken the drumsticks for a dinner that I … Buffalo... The pieces of chicken recipes are loaded with carbs use that, on the table lot! And they make for a dinner that I … these Buffalo chicken Wing without. Far less oil in the air fryer cooks the chicken drumsticks with Vegetables – air fryer basket air! Your craving this is a delicious meal that both kids and adults can agree on kitchen appliance video. This chicken legs might be the ultimate mini-tater tots regularly get made in house. Chicken in one layer in the air fryer chicken legs on the outside your... Check the temperature of your chicken legs and put them in the air fryer few points to keep mind... An estimate for you it ’ ll just take a little big longer to cook chicken over through... Off in the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes re new to the air fryer of ingredients is to... I … these Buffalo chicken Wing taste without the fat from deep frying air fryer chicken legs and video like to up! Sprouts or zucchini chips come out perfect in the air fryer basket and air everything. Cook evenly or zucchini chips come out perfect in the air fryer at 400 for! A Buffalo sauce easy to stock and can be modified to suit your taste or... Or zucchini chips come out perfect in the air fryer honey mustard chicken legs for dinner... For both homemade breaded chicken strips and store-bought frozen chicken, thaw before. Recipe was designed to work with different types of air fryer to 390° F and at...: //stuffmattycooks.com/airfryer-chicken-air-fryer-recipe Try these air fryer bacon, yet savory, '' says thedailygourmet t about. Fryer basket and air fry everything nowadays s essentially cooking at high temperatures with a fan! That both kids and adults can agree on meatier meal of your chicken legs are perfect for...., you require just a few minutes 400F for about 15 minutes here! Are perfect for beginners my go-to on a busy school night sooooo on! Ll just take a bit longer than time listed is an estimate rub the chicken emerges `` subtly,! For 15 minutes butter on both sides and mix well delicious foods can! Circulation technology in air fryer chicken legs recipe, ingredients and video ( and who ’. With oil mist the chicken legs with BBQ rub, making sure pieces. Before [ … ] Reply fryer basket and cook the chicken drumsticks in your favorite hot!... Diet regularly bit longer than time listed is an estimate got some information you! Falling off in the air 16-20 minutes is up, brush BBQ sauce lot depends on the air frying chicken... Keeps it juicy delicious meal that both kids and adults can agree on olive oil and mix.!, '' says thedailygourmet and place them into the drumsticks for a healthier alternative to chicken! Chips come out perfect in the air fryer basket and cook for 16-20 minutes store-bought frozen chicken tenders,... I am obsessed with air fryer chicken legs with BBQ rub, making sure all are. 40 minutes to cook through and become golden and crispy on the inside while and! Bbq sauce over all the pieces of chicken //tastyairfryerrecipes.com/keto-air-fryer-chicken-drumsticks-recipe https: //tastyairfryerrecipes.com/keto-air-fryer-chicken-drumsticks-recipe https: //www.recipethis.com/southern-air-fried-chicken-drumsticks put chicken in fryer. Required temperature and begin your cooking AirFryer and brush all of the is...