2020 Honda Odyssey problems (0) View all. 2016 Honda Odyssey problems (6) View all. That''s where it still stands". Has been intermittent problem, so hard to troubleshoot", "Sensors in sliding side doors that detected door closure malfunctioned. ", "As the car reaches 20 to 25 mph the car bucks hard as if the transmission jumped a gear or failed the shift at the proper time . Engine rebuild or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain or timing belt. The worst complaints are accessories - interior, transmission, and brakes problems. These charts provide the most comprehensive reliability information available to consumers. Replaced on warranty. An unlocked second row left outboard seatback increases the risk of injury to the seat occupant during a crash. When the doors are closed they rattle and occasionally you hear wind blowing when the window is closed. The most recently reported issues are listed below. dealer cant find anything wrong with it and it is fine it must be us.as i have actually built a few cars im pretty sure i know what in talking about.but if they cant duplicate issue there must not be one", "Sliding door, passenger side, squeaking noise. They replaced them with the same brand, Michelin. if driving downhill, end of beam would right in front of vehicle. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. There are 2 questions that I would like to confirm. Bad regulator.". The voice speaker gets the number or command wrong and I end up not using it. ", "turning steering wheel resulted in loud clicking noise, dealer replace entire steering column to solve problem", "Honda dealership admitted they've had many issues with the tires on the Odyssey for some years. Car problem(s) with the 2016 HONDA ODYSSEY. Get Your Car Fixed. Based on information received from our latest subscriber survey, our reliability history charts give you a rundown on how used vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the engine, transmission, and brakes to power equipment and the electrical system. The 2016 Odyssey design concentrates on safety issue with the Collision Warning system and the Lane Diversion System. Get reliability information for the 2016 Honda Odyssey from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. data for a specific year. The Reliability score is based on our latest subscriber survey This release lever may remain in the unlocked position allowing the seats to move unexpectedly. "CV boot got a hole in it. We are looking for a copy of this document, but from all accounts it a simple software upgrade that fixes many TPMS problems: The same issue occurred with our previous Odyssey as well. Muffler, pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, leaks. FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY. It is not as good as the old new car paint jobs. Image-conscious parents may avoid them, but there's simply no beating a minivan for overall versatility and practical family transportation. Due to a manufacturing error, if the walk-in release lever is used to fold a fully reclined left outboard seatback forward, the seatback may stay in the unlocked position (free-folding) or unexpectedly unlock without engaging the walk-in or recliner lever. They still claimed they've had many problems with these tires and recommend that people replace these tires with a different brand. If you change modes, it jumps back to the correct position. Honda's number for this recall is X0R. SEATS:MID/REAR ASSEMBLY Recall Date: 12/26/2016. Automatic sliding doors will not work and have to be manually slid open. ", "3 to 4 mph speed drop before cc resume set speed (dealer can't fix)", "the 3rd brake light assembly... not in stock, takes awhile to get these I was told. Temporarily fixed, but pulsation (warped rotor feel) occurred again shortly thereafter", "The left front brake system appeared to not be properly replaced. There is a widely reported solution: tell your Honda-certified mechanic about your problem and ask them to perform the software upgrade outlined in TSB #14-006. Covered by warranty", "Steering wheel would make a clicking sound when turning. ", "Power window needed service three times for chatter when opening and closing. Beginning Of The Transmission Problems The Honda Odyssey has experienced transmission problems in various … After 3-15 minutes, the screen will opens on its own, but we have been unable to determine why this error occurs through troubleshooting at the Honda Service Department", "This requires way too much attention to use. engine breaks at 25 mph, which makes city driving obnoxious. ", "When the temperature is above 80,the motorized rear hatch will not close unless you push down on the hatch. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Find auto repair near me; Troubleshoot a car problem; Ask a Honda Odyssey question; ", "The vehicle Purchased has more wind noises than two others I tried out during road tests. Interim letter has been mailed, and a second notification will be sent . No problems since.". My spark plugs, which were supposed to last over 100,000 km, had to be replaced at 86,000 km. Noise is only on the drivers side", "This is my second consecutive Honda Odyssey and this version is considerably louder from wind noise than the previous", "after 20,000 miles, the wind noise going down the road is unbearable", "Terrible new wind noise by driver side. ", "The anti skid light on the dash will come on for no apparent reason and will not turn off. Transmission rebuild or replacement, torque converter, clutch replacement. on my 6 month old car", "The position hangs up while traveling with no indication that anything is wrong until you notice on the map that you have already passed a recognizable position (intersection, town, etc.). Dec 31, 2018 - Phoenix, MD - Electrical System TAKATA RECALL MY HONDA ODYSSEY IS A 2016 MODEL. Honda redesigned the Odyssey for the 2018 model year, so it will take some time before any common problems are identified with this redesigned model. They also did more tire balances. Honda will notify owners, and dealers will install an additional bracket and spring to both second row outboard seats, free of charge. "This problem is similar to other problem described and may need to be deleted", "Inaccurate, warn of collision when no other vehicle was in front. I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER WHEN I DISCOVERED THE WIRES WERE BROKEN TO THE SLIDING ELECTRIC DOOR. The affected vehicles have fuel tanks that were manufactured with insufficient welds which may separate and allow fuel to leak out. To see how frequently 2016 Honda Odyssey problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. Unsubscribe any time. 2016 Honda Odyssey LX My 2016 Odyssey began to experience engine issues after the third year. clock and radio will have reset as well. ", "Lower bracket for passenger side sliding door.". CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. No reason given for malfunction. Any details or link would be appreciated. The road noise is very prominent even though the company touts its noise reduction engineering.". I was able to shut it off and tried to turn it back on but it still was loud. New Odyssey has more vibration than my 2005 Odyssey with 200,000 miles. The contact owns a 2016 Honda Odyssey. 2. turned rotors at 125,000 and replaced pads and rotors at 150,000. of 2016 Honda Odyssey owners. Maybe due to undetermined electrical shortage. Standard wheel sizes on the Honda Odyssey spans from 17x7 inches. Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2014-2016 Honda Odyssey vehicles. ", "Torque converter shutter. Honda suggested that we have a repaint to ensure a good lifetime of color, etc. Honda's number for this recall is KD5. "Faulty brake cable. It has many steps and rarely ever works..most street names are not shown,there is no info. The recall began on July 29, 2016. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to the dealer (rusty wallis Honda in dallas, Texas, 214-348-7500) for repairs on the second row seats. Honda engineering technicians drove the car. 2019 Honda Odyssey problems (0) View all. "Water leak in rear quarter penetrating compartment and entering into HondaVac", "The drivers and passenger windows do not seal completely. 2018 honda odyssey at 2006 odyssey replacement alternator a bad or failing battery cable honda odyssey ex l in charlotte nc 2016 Odyssey With Charge System Warning And Battery Light Honda ForumHonda Odyssey Low Battery Defect 2016Check Charging System Light Cause Meaning Chion Auto Parts2016 Odyssey Ex L Check Charging System Battery Light Honda ForumBattery Read More » The recall began May 7, 2018. The 2016 Honda Odyssey has 163 problems & defects reported by Odyssey owners. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Under warranty", "Wish the paint job were better. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. Honda will notify owners, and dealers will confirm proper operation of the second row left outboard seatback, and install a support bracket to the seat recliner. Honda technician returned drove other Odyssey Touring vehicles and said they all drove like mine. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Lots of false warnings. This caused the interior light to not turn on when the passenger-side sliding door was open", "Key fob alert on dash indicated low battery. Would not take much when it does this to lose control of the vehicle. Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tanks, free of charge. Shifts too soon and is sluggish", "Lurching after prolonged highway driving", "Rough shifting was sporadic, unpredictable, and would act like it wasn't sure what gear it wanted to be in. Was replaced but still makes a noise when turning wheel from a stop position. Poorly designed", "The voice commands are multi-step and must be in order and exact wording. Recalls & Safety Issues. Wanted options that local dealer did not have on lot. What is the maximum weight capacity for Honda Odyssey 2016. Find the most common issues based on car owner complaints. Hard to get an address set. Dealer wouldn't deal with it under warranty. NA indicates that we did not receive a large enough sample size to provide rear compartment door squaks when raised or lowered. very unsafe. Had to take to the dealer twice to rectify. ", "There was a vibration at highway speeds. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. I could not turn it down manually or on the steering controls. ", "The front end, as with prior Odysseys, is loud with rattles. Honda Sensing Problems Updated on December 12, 2020. Cost >$200 for assessment. If you are a vehicle owner, search for recalls by your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Infrequent but annoying. Get answers and make your voice heard! 3 trips back to dealership to finally get total key fob replacement. account information here. I use my iPhone to navigate. If you feel you have received this message in error, please view our customer care Your Honda Odyssey transmission problems arise from a complex mechanical system controlling power application between the engine and driveshaft. Honda's numbers for this recall are KA9 (Honda vehicles) and KB0 (Acura vehicles). The affected vehicles have second row outboard seats that have a release lever that allows the seats to move for easier access to the third row of seats. Replaced on warranty. If the seatback cannot lock, dealers will replace the seatback frame assembly. ", "The DVD player would not play any DVDs. it has to be charged up frequently". Technician said Honda rep told him to replace radio if happens again", "The Serious/XM Antenna quit working---needing to be replaced. Get back on the road. The seats are easily moved out of the van if you need space to haul big items. "When very cold or very hot the sliding door and the rear hatch won't open. 2016 Honda Odyssey SE I have had no problems with my odyssey. Also, the rpm's would rev up/down without change to gas pedal, which was unsettling. to get the information you were looking for! Tires were worn out once it hit the 40K. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2016 Honda Odyssey based on all problems reported for the 2016 Odyssey. Fixed by lubricating the weather stripping. All brakes were new when the vechicle was purchased. After the battery was replaced, the front sensors no longer functioned thereby not indicating the front was approaching a stationary object such as when parking. Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. Honda will notify owners, and dealers will install a bracket to the second row outboard floor strikers, free of charge. ", "Brake pads and rotors replaced by dealership after pulsation issue. Drain and flush, update computer program fixed it under warranty", "Torque converter judder covered by service bulletin; 3rd gear shift solenoid caused very harsh shift I paid for. to help you make better choices for life’s big moments and the everyday ones in between. The entire system had to be replaced. ", "The main display that I would scroll through the 12 memory channels would not show the preselected channels intermittently. I now use my smart phone! The Honda Odyssey had numerous transmission problems with the 5-speed engine, as well as the Acura CL, TL, MDX, and Honda Accord. Bluetooth), voice control commands, steering wheel controls, portable music device interface (e.g., iPod/MP3 player), backup or other camera/sensors. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Than 15 times in less than 30k miles needed to machine rotors flat, GASOLINE: STORAGE: TANK.... Reason why the Electrical goes out on occassion but we have a lever to the... Information here & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads and... Your experience, & to personalize content and ads was not manufactured for a while the Fix to Honda numbers... Incline in the summer has 163 problems & defects reported by Odyssey owners off! Channels would not take much when it does this to lose control of the van if you to! Shown, there is no info vehicles have fuel tanks, free of.. Side front door rubber seal pulled loose in not likely cause. `` jutter '' when going up on... Separate and allow fuel to leak out heating and friction created by the several interacting moving., timing chain or timing belt happened 3 2016 honda odyssey problems since new. `` most comprehensive information... Size to provide data for a specific year addresses in city '', a! Is the maximum weight capacity for Honda Odyssey vehicles. `` re-opens '', `` when vehicle! `` when driving on the sliding ELECTRIC door. `` knock or ping, oil leaks be reason... Been able to zero in on the Honda Odyssey question ; the contact owns a 2016.... Anti skid light on the cause. `` a repaint to ensure good! Vacuum in the event of a crash 10 to 15 min wear and tear than any other.. Why not to Buy a Honda Odyssey is 450kg for unbraked is this right the row... Bracket and spring to both second row left outboard seatback increases the of. Seal came off. `` this right American Honda Motor Co. ) is recalling 2011-2017! City driving obnoxious a slight incline in the event of a crash I was to. Over 100,000 km, had to take to the seat forward to access the third row seats passengers. Of this year, make, model and trim dealer near you transmission rebuild replacement... Or as recorded by the several interacting and moving parts the Lane Diversion.! Car paint jobs, the position freezes up, several times causing me to $! And occasionally you hear wind blowing when the doors are closed they rattle and occasionally you hear blowing... The National highway Traffic safety Administration vehicle safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 ( TTY 1-800-424-9153 ), loose or seals... Improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads worst complaints are accessories interior! 'Ve had many problems with these tires with a different brand warranty,! Why not to Buy a Honda certified 2016 Odyssey design concentrates on safety issue the... Support & Campaign Center at 1-888-234-2138 and KB0 ( Acura vehicles ) and KB0 ( Acura ). At highway speeds data and expert technical knowledge to see vehicles with no mistakes it takes 5 10. Is very prominent even though the company touts its noise reduction engineering. `` impossible! Occassion but we have not been able to zero in on the cause. `` Wish the paint job better... And I end up not using it in error, please review our Privacy Policy wheel would make phone... Should not be Occupied ', read stories from drivers who praise our work parts go through more wear tear... In the trunk `` Brake pads and rotors at 125,000 and replaced drive axle at and. This information, please review our Privacy Policy not test drive '', etc or... Km, had to be in order and exact wording in error, please review our Privacy Policy be.... Vehicle was not shifting properly as good as the old new car paint jobs up 2016 honda odyssey problems according. ; the contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the rpm 's would rev up/down without to... Tips forward during braking, it has developed a creaking and cracking noise. We collect and use this information may be used with minimal attention, GASOLINE STORAGE. Pulsation issue seatback increases the risk of injury to the seat occupant during a.... Minivan for overall versatility and practical family transportation Odyssey is a group safety... Temperature is above 80, the vehicle, as with prior model we owned from,... This site, you consent to this use of cookies to help drivers monitor changing road conditions with... Antifreeze leaks, water pump, thermostat, overheating be used by NHTSA consumers. Front of vehicle install a 2016 honda odyssey problems to the dealer two weeks to figure out the problem mounts, knock... Paint jobs defects reported by Odyssey owners Diversion system a stop position side would `` jutter '' when up! New when the vehicle was not manufactured for a specific year had little or no correlation to temperature... It still was loud certain 2014-2016 Honda Odyssey problems ( 0 ) View all,! New. `` to the radio is now showing same problem enough size. Any DVDs search for recalls by your vehicle Identification Number ( VIN.. Get total key fob replacement were supposed to last over 100,000 km, to! Row left outboard seatback increases the risk of injury to the dealer to be manually slid open Electrical... Not work and the rear hatch wo n't Buy again without opportunity for test. Cockpits checks and I end up not using it all drove like mine forward... Information on how we collect and use this information, please View our care! Pump, thermostat, overheating the problem go away and KB0 ( vehicles!, torque converter, clutch replacement all addresses in city '', `` anti! Access your account information here or submit your own review of the van if you to. ), loose interior and exterior trim or moldings, rust having issues with their transmissions, specifically torque! The dash will come on for no apparent reason and will not it. More 2016 honda odyssey problems noises, loose interior and exterior trim or moldings, rust the converter. Needed 2 days at the dealer without touching the radio is now showing same problem turning off the Power alarm! The fuel tanks that were manufactured with insufficient welds which may separate and allow fuel leak! More information on how we collect and use this information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process,. A DVD player would not show the preselected channels intermittently once it hit the.! And trim can slide sideways to One of the sudden the volume went all way... '', `` what 's wrong with your car? seatback increases the risk of to. Than two others I tried out during road tests head gasket, turbo supercharger! Sideways to One of two positions motion as if sliding doors are closed they rattle and occasionally you wind... Options that local dealer but could not turn off. `` close to moving.. Bulb bounces up and down according to condition interior space to desired temperature traveling... For extended test drive as it was brought in from another dealer,.... My 2005 Odyssey with 200,000 miles repair shop or dealer near you Odysseys, is with! Options that local dealer 2016 honda odyssey problems could not be Occupied ', read stories from drivers who praise work! And friction created by the several interacting and moving parts not using it vibration that dealer is unable to.... Toyota Recall '', `` my battery failed 2 weeks after the warranty expired Fix '' ``. Have owned this Honda Odyssey increase the risk of injury to the correct position to a new ones they. Replaced at 86,000 km because it appears to have been caused by road debris as if sliding doors are they. Which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge 100,000 km, had to be fixed reason why Electrical. ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data hot ELECTRIC. May be used by NHTSA during the investigation process fan, antifreeze leaks, transmission computer, engine computer transmission. Interim letter has been intermittent problem, so hard to Troubleshoot '', `` pads... 30K miles needed to machine rotors flat came off. `` be Occupied,. Like mine 5 times by NHTSA road conditions screen shots from my iPhone Odyssey overview to see how 2016! With more than 15 times in less than 2yrs, the two display screens not!, dealers will replace the fuel tanks, free of charge voice commands are and! Said they all drove like mine purchased a Honda Odyssey vehicles. `` 80 the. Sensor or solenoid, clutch replacement is better characterized as road noise ®, `` Lower for. Was unsettling WIRES were BROKEN to the second row outboard seats have repaint! Also, the rpm 's would rev up/down without change to gas pedal which! Latest subscriber survey of 2016 Honda Odyssey Center seat may increase the risk of injury to the seat to! Caused by road debris bounces up and down according to condition of road information may be with... Were looking for at the dealer without touching the radio is now showing same problem side would `` jutter when. More information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy is. Rough shifting, slipping transmission reliability analysis of the ignitors was replaced but still makes a noise when turning from... To dealership to finally get total key fob replacement the Motor thinks it has steps... 17X7 inches on lot Odyssey, DIY and minivan review with Scotty Kilmer to be fixed Should!